Spear Head

LordCirius

Hey guys just had a quick question about the "Out rider" Spear Head

1- Can you take a stormraven gunship and a dreadnought in it?

2- If yes can you allocate the hits to the Dreadnought via the out rider rules if its being transported in the Stormraven?

Thanks guys!

Hey guys just had a quick question about the "Out rider" Spear Head

1- Can you take a stormraven gunship and a dreadnought in it?

Yes, the Spearhead simply requires 2 or 3 of the type listed (tank, skimmer, walker).

2- If yes can you allocate the hits to the Dreadnought via the out rider rules if its being transported in the Stormraven?

By RAW - I would say no, as a transported model is not "near" the trasnport it's off the table. It is embarked and for rules purposes is "co-existing" with the transport model, but it is not actually "near".

By RAI - I would think it could be doable, as a Techmarine can repair the vehicle he is embarked in even though he is not technically "in base contact" with the transport. Same type of deal.

By Fluff - I would say definitely no. There is no way for a dreadnought strapped to the :lol: end of a Stormraven to maneuver such that it intercepts an incoming shot.

You could probly do it, but Id expect your opponent to call shenanigans. The really arent enough rules for vehicles transporting vehicles for me to give a definitive off hand RAW though.

Archived