Sons of Medusa

Hey all. Y'all were so nice and helpful with my list-building I just had to post some WiP shots of my army on here too [/joke].

But seriously, I like this place, and also I need some help. I have just about finished building all these guys and soon I'll be on to painting them. But I'm not really sure how I want to go about it, so if anyone anywhere has any thoughts about painting Sons of Medusa marines, I would really appreciate the help! In the meantime, I have a bunch of WiP shots of the marines so far.

Still need to do battle damage, base them, and put a couple more details and bits on a model or two. And build a Contemptor and Libby for the list. Anyhow. Pictures:

STERNGUARD

TAC SQUAD 1

TAC SQUAD 2

TAC SQUAD 3

DEV SQUAD

VINDICATORS

Group Shot

The guys with some paint on them are from a bag of 10 marines I got out of the bitz bin at my FLGS. I still need to finish putting combi-flamers on my sternguard, but at the moment I'm fresh out of bits to do so, and same goes for the third lascannon marine, need to find parts for him. Also the dev marines don't have any bionics so I might dismantle them if I think I can do it without too much damage....pfft.

My biggest problems with the painting: I've never once painted this scheme myself so I'm not totally sure how to go about it, so anybody with any experience or help or whatever, mucho appreciato, et cetera; also, since I have such heavy bionics on these guys, part of me wants to undercoat in black to facilitate the mechanical components-- but another part of me want to undercoat white for the bright colours of the armour....which way should I go? Thanks in advance for any comments!

EDIT: Oh, and finally: how do I put pictures directly into a post? Can't seem to make that happen.

Hail brother! These are going to look great painted up! Are those maximini bits I spy in there? Great work!

I can't say, not having painted there scheme either, but I'm thinking a white base coat would work best, but I'll leave that up to you and more experience painters.

Quick update. I'm awaiting the arrival of some cans of Tamiya PS-8 Light Green in the mail, so I can get started on the painting. Unfortunately they were out at my store, so I won't really be able to get much painting done before the tourney I wanted to play in this saturday, which will be the last 5th edition tournament (obviously) here. But, I've got them all based up and ready to go, and I have a couple more models to show off here....

Contemptor

Head is staying off for painting. No major work done on him just now. I wanted a Necron Spider on the base, but frankly I'm too poor for that.

Librarian/Tech-Seer

He's got a storm bolter on there because I plan on running him in Terminator Armour, and didn't notice that Libby TDA does not actually come with one until afterwards; I figure all the bionics can account for the save.

Objective Marker

I'm running a list using the IA10 Siege Assault Vanguard army, so I need this guy to mark their extra objective. Techpriest play Hamlet with a Necron skull there.

Kassill: Thanks for the response! Heh. They are indeed a lot of Maxmini bits. Really great stuff, tailor-made for the Marines. Fortunately there appear to be a couple more veteran posters on this 'site who've done the Sons, so I have a pretty good trove of ideas to dig through even in the absence of direct advice.

Comments are appreciated, we suppose.

Archived