Look what i found !l

Pbenner

He was mis-labeled. He's one of the rarest Dark Angels models. Most people who own him don't want to part with him. I've seen him regularly got for $80+ on ebay.

He was only available in 2007 as part of the DA Boxed Army set. Wasn't a whole lot of them made either. I love rare models, so He'll be kept around for :cusss and giggles. I need to find the other hard to get Captain now.

Paul

Congrats on the find. It is a nice mini, and a bit of a mixed pleasure to paint too.

I need to find the other hard to get Captain now.

The other hard to get Captain? I wasn't aware there was a second hard to get DA Captain, any pics of the other Captain so that we can see what he looks like?

Charles Mason has "issues". Finecast just plain sucks hind tit. The stuff is damned near worthless. If it sits in your car and gets hot, it warps. It breaks extremely easily. I have NEVER gotten a perfect model in the 15+ I've purchased. They've all sucked.

I'm to the point now that I pay a premium for old metal casts. I won't buy any more finecrap.

On that note - anyone have a metal Librarian in Power Armor they want to part with? (Sword and Bolt Pistol preferred!!!) :D

Best,

Paul

So by the sounds of it, my plan to convert/scratchbuild/sculpt the remaining Masters for my DA, rather than go with finecast models, is a wise move...

Thats a relief.

yes, the only thing failcast is good for is easily cannabalized bitz fodder. when i bought my Emperors champion, his sword broke off at the wrist....just opening the blister. so yeah, scratchbuilding is the way to go. and, judging from your work, youll be better of for it.

I have heard and seen the horror stories with finecast, However My only experience with it is Sammael, From what i heard and saw the metal Sammael was HEAVY and didn't fit together well at all and would constantly fall off his base.

My finecast one came with no bubbles no nothing, Assembled like a charm once I figured out how to attach the cape.

The only problem is I broke off his sword in assembly and it went flying across the room I've yet to find it so I converted a sword out of a DA powersword bit from the RW sprue so it works.

so I can't complain so far

I have the DA Company Master in finecast (the one with the winged helm) and that's fine too. There may be one minor imperfection - I'm actually not sure - but otherwise the mini is fine. So it is possible to get good casts in the new material.

I'm lucky enough to own all three of the miniatures people are discussing, although I haven't painted any of them yet. The old Master was a gift from a friend which he painted for me and the other two I simply haven't got round to doing yet.

Jeez i never realised what ppl pay for some minis...im DA hooked since 2nd edition and i guess i have all DA related models, and the fun thing Azrael/Ezekiel/Asmodai are still the best looking DA models, and they must count 12-14 years now <_<

Hmm too bad finecast is really that crappy? Was thinking to maybe buy new Ezekiel+Asmodai...its not like heat is a problem much here, its not like arizona or sth :huh:

Or i better save the cash for some REAL resin, hello Mr. Contemptor+ little mk2-6 brothas :P

Wow... I had no idea that model was so rare. I had one of them once from a bulk ebay purchase. But he was so covered in paint and I didn't want to bother cleaning it up, so I err.. threw him in the bin. *backs out the thread slowly*

And into the Acetone he goes!!

Looks like they used some pretty heft glue to attach the backpack. We'll see how easily it comes off, it's all over the back of the model :)

Toothbrush and Acetone will tell me what I'm working with. The one funky spot I thought might be damage is just a bad cut of extra metal, and needs to be filed off. Other than that he's perfect. So happy right now. Now to find his brother...

Paul

had a look on ebay uk and their is 2 on their to bid for atm going for about £25 ones got about 18hrs left on it other is 2 days 19 hrs

their listed as

Limited Edition WH40K Dark Angels Company Master- Rare

just thought i would let you guys know :P

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...Id=prod1160026a

This guy in Metal. Haven't seen one around in a while, so hopefully one pops up soon. I hate finecrap.

Paul

Is this the line up you mean?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Kageboshi/DarkAngels.jpg

:)

Archived