Vladimir Pugh

Lestat

Howdy folks,

I decided to do a bit of a kitbash tonight inspired by the picture of the Chapter Master on page 52 of Codex: Space Marines. He's still in the building stage, but I am happy with the pose of the model and the sense of movement. The head and arms are just blu-tacd on at the moment - I might change the head for an ornate helmeted one. I have a finecast Emperors Champion head left over from another converison which should work. I also need to sort out a belt buckle/tabard combo to replace the one I cut away as it looked too static.

Actually, just had an inspired idea - I can hang the helmet from his hip and cover up a slight gap in the torso. Genius! :tu:

Anyway, heres some pics.

gallery_36289_7321_369491.jpggallery_36289_7321_266916.jpggallery_36289_7321_3091525.jpggallery_36289_7321_2843271.jpggallery_36289_7321_1128076.jpg

As always, all C&C is more than welcome!

Lestat

Cool - you don't see much of Mr Pugh :devil:

Personally i would go for a bigger base, as the model is wide due to the hammers

Would make a nice centrepiece with one of those nice resin bases

@LamenterMarine: Yes it is a generic picture in C:SM but the pic is of a Imperial Fist Chapter Master. One educated guess later, and you can safely assume that the pic is supposed to represent Pugh. I might have to go and buy Phlalnx as I havn't read it yet (it's the next one in the Soul Drinkers series isn't it?)

@Mazer Rackham: <_<

@Cyrox: If I go for a bigger base, then the next one up would be Terminator sized. I might look into some 25mm scenic bases and see what I can find. As he is only glued by one foot, he shoudn't be too difficult to remove and glue/pin to another base.

@ Everyone else: Thanks for the comments! I'll hopefully some more work done on Pugh over the next couploe of days so stay tuned!

Oh, does anyone know if Pugh had a gauntlet mounted bolter? The pic I'm working from shows an explosion from by his left wrist. I'm trying to work out if this is a background explosion that is a little out of perspective, or whether it's muzzle flash from a bolter.

Cheers!

Lestat

Make it an auxilary grenade launcher - then it's game-legal AND awesome!!111

To be fair it looks kind of like Dorn's Arrow - Pedro's Prolific Man Mower to my eyes, but...

Grenade Launcher dude!

<_<

MR.

Make it an auxilary grenade launcher - then it's game-legal AND awesome!!111

To be fair it looks kind of like Dorn's Arrow - Pedro's Prolific Man Mower to my eyes, but...

Grenade Launcher dude!

:D

MR.

Grenade launcher - I like the sound of that! Soften up the foul xenos with a frag round and then charge them with 2 hammers swinging. Sounds like the perfect plan :lol:

You know dude I think you're spot on. It's difficult to imagine who else it could be. Can't believe how many times I've looked at that picture and missed that. Can't wait to see him painted. Good work bro. Might have to have a go at doing my own now I know what he looks like.

Quick edit: that explosion is defo coming from his wrist. GL is best explanation. Also coolest. :mellow:

Ask and ye shall recieve!

gallery_36289_7321_2256225.jpggallery_36289_7321_1813308.jpg

I think I will go with a gold scheme but not sure whether to go for a red cloak or something different.

Has anyone got an idea how to model an underslung grenade launcher? I've got a couple if Guard ones, but I think they will be too big.

The only thing I can think of at the minute is the Blood Angel infurnus pistol - the wrist mounted one, maybe remove the melta barrel and substitute the nade launcher one - I don't have one to hand so don't know the size, or if it would even work...

Maybe trimming down one of the old bolt pistols? They are fairly chunky..

It's the top bit of this. Image taken from another website (not mine or affiliated to me. It can be provided on request so not to break any rules).

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/MazerRackham259/Combi-melta.jpg

MR.

I remember those bolt pistols well - I'll have to see if I've got some left in my bitz box. The Infernus pistol is not a bad idea. If I fill in the vents around the muzzle, it should work.

As an alternative, I found some from Anvil industries. Might be a little too big as well http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?r...;product_id=153

It may be a little big? Brother, your dude is swinging gargantuan hammers! Heriocally!

(Looks at the website in the link) Holy Imperial Constipation Batman! That stuff is :D I feel a Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists unit coming on...I can't use it at any GW LGS, but who the hell cares! :unsure:

Cheers for the link mate, I appreciate it, but my wallet hates you. ;)

MR.

Yeah, I know what you mean - a big launcher is the way to go!

The bionics they have are great - easy to put together and fit under PA shoulder pads nicely. The alternative bolter magazines a re a nice touch for any Sternguard you are building.

My wallet is already hating me this month - motorcycle insurance and mot have made it quite a bit lighter but a small-ish order to Anvil shouldn't hurt too much.................

I the last book to have the chapter master in it said he used a pair of power blades...

Which book is that in? Any references people have of Pugh are greatly appreciated as I would love to find some more background on him.

Sadly though, I will be sticking with the twin hammers as they just look so damn EPIC! :D

Just a quick update - I havn't forgotten about Pugh, I'm waiting on a couple of bits to arrive to finish him off. I have added some IF iconongraphy and some detailing - instant mold + GS = win!.

Just need his grenade launcher to arrive and finish off the backpack and he will be complete.

I'll get some pics posted later on of the progress so far.

Just got back in from having a ride out on my Harley to find the postie has been - the grenade launchers have arrived! :)

I'll get some work done on him tonight and hopefully be finished modelling-wise and ready for undercoat and paint.

Hi again folks - just a quick update while I'm waiting for the first stage of Pugh's paint to dry.

I started with a black undercoat and then a heavy drybrush of Calthan Brown leaving the black showing in the recesses. A coat of Tin Bitz was next - again leaving the shading in the recesses. A wash pf Agrax Earthshade to further define the recesses was then added and is currently drying outside in the sunshine ;)

Anyway, heres a couple of pics of my progress so far.

gallery_36289_7321_502823.jpg

gallery_36289_7321_220665.jpg

gallery_36289_7321_499199.jpg

The cloak has had a coat of Calthan Brown and followed up with Agrax Earthshade as it will eventually be a warm off-white colour. I may have to practice my freehand as it's screaming out for some added detail there.........

Anyhow, C&C are always welcome.

Right, off to see if the wash has dried yet ;)

Well I've been a busy little bunny today folks. Pugh is nearly ready for battle!

The gold armour is nearly complete - just got to do a final bit of highlighting and shading. I've also got to finish the hammers and various bits of detail such as Chapter symbols and purity seals.

Anyway, here's a few pics - let me know what you think.

Front shot

gallery_36289_7321_69936.jpg

Right highside

gallery_36289_7321_24298.jpg

Left highside

gallery_36289_7321_433776.jpg

Couple showing auxilary grenade launcher and cloak - not too sure on the white as it's not going on smoothe (even by thinning it down)

gallery_36289_7321_341988.jpg

gallery_36289_7321_515810.jpg

Time for your close up Mr. Pugh!

gallery_36289_7321_395207.jpg

Any C&C are more than welcome!

Lestat

Archived