Vladimir Pugh

Lestat

I like what you've done there with Mr. Pugh. I once did a codex CM with shoulder mounted aux grenade launcher after having seen AVP. But your model is superbly awesome.

Many thanks! ;)

Predator is what I thought of when I first saw the Inquisitor-scale guy with the shoulder mounted psycannon - now i've just had an idea for a Techmarine with a conversion beamer (but that will have to filed away for another day ;) ).

The pic in C:SM does show him firing a wrist mounted weapon so after a couple of suggestions froim the guys on here, rule of cool won out and he ended up with a wrist mounted grenade launcher! :P

Took me a bit to see the launcher. I thought for a bit the fist on the backpack was gonna be it, like the old Bobba Fett figure.

You'll probably see it better once I've painted it - it's just basecoated black at the moment.

The Boba Fett idea is not a bad one - another idea to file away for future use :)

Now that Sir, is exactly what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Glory to the VII Legion!

Hammerkaboomtime!

MR.

Many thanks!

"Hammerkaboomtime!" - My new favourite word!

I popped into this thread after you put up the first pics but I didn't have time to comment then. Looking back over the whole thread now I do have time though I've got to say I love the dynamic look of the mini and the choice of bits that fit together seamlessly to create said dynamism (is that a real word or did I just make it up?!)

Now he's got some paint on him he looks even better. I think the gold armour will work really well with the cream cloak :D

Looking forward to seeing more pics

James

Thanks James. I'm having problems with getting a smooth, even coat with the cream cloak. I'm going to try another couple of very thin watered down coats and see if that improves the overall texture of the cloak.

It wasn't an overly complicated conversion. Most of the work was done with the choice of bits. The most involved part of the conversion was turning a right Terminator thunderhammer arm into a left one and replacing the hand with a spare from my bitz box.

Here's a bitz list if anyones interested (well, what I can remember anyway :D )

BA Sanguinary Guard legs

SM Captain cloak

SM Company Champion torso

SM Company Champion shoulder pads x 2

BA Death Company left and right chainsword arms

SM Terminator sergeant thunderhammer x 2

SM Captain pistol holster

GK backpack

GK purity seals

GK Shoulder shield

SM bald head (don't know which box it's from)

Pedro Kantors banner top (the fist) - used on the backpack and for the IF Chapter details

Short Grenade Launcher from Anvil Industries (well worth a look at these guys!)

Guitar wire and greenstuff

Cheers again folks for the feedback!

Lestat

If I was the jealous of other peoples modelling/painting skills type, I'd go all Delilah on yo' ass!

Crackin' stuff man, even more awesome because of it is of yellow!

Thanks - want to get him finished by this weekend as I have a feeling something very interesting will be happening 40k-wise.................. :D

I must say that I like Imperial Fists for unknown reason. The yellow just looks cool!

Now for the model. I remeber making Angron model. I asked myself: "Is dual wield halberd style cool enought for a Primarch?" The answer was yes of course. However, this guy wielding two THUNDER HAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is just pure Badass and you are just crazy enough to have such an idea. I love it!!

I must say that I like Imperial Fists for unknown reason. The yellow just looks cool!

Now for the model. I remeber making Angron model. I asked myself: "Is dual wield halberd style cool enought for a Primarch?" The answer was yes of course. However, this guy wielding two THUNDER HAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is just pure Badass and you are just crazy enough to have such an idea. I love it!!

I'm not crazy - my mother had me tested. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well folks, Vladimir Pugh is as finished as he is going to get. I keep looking at him and thinking if I do this and change that.........then I realise I may just end up screwing up the model completely. He's been sat in my figure case for about the past week and the pics show up the collective fluff that has now adhered to him :)

The manager of GW Porstmouth suggested I ran Pugh as a "counts-as" PA Calgar - which has now given me an idea for converting a second Pugh with twin Power fists this time!

Maybe later on in the year.............

Anyway, heres some pics. I was playing with the settings on my camera so the quality might not be the best.

gallery_36289_7321_751678.jpggallery_36289_7321_1222109.jpggallery_36289_7321_361763.jpggallery_36289_7321_718379.jpg

Got a bit arty with this one in B&W :)

gallery_36289_7321_217062.jpg

As always, C&C are more than welcome!

Lestat.

Archived