My DIY Space Marines

Naminé

Hello all :tu:

As I am currently getting into 40k and building my first army, I decided to keep a blog about it (viewable via my signature) and maybe help others trying to get into the hobby in the same way I am.

Tactical Squad!

NEW UPDATE! please visit the link below to see my first Scout attempts:

Sniper Scouts!

Please let me know what you think!

I actually really like the colour scheme. They look awesome.

I would have gone for an asphalt base, to make them really pop, but they look great for a first go.

Good job.

Thanks! I picked grass for the bases simply because my gaming club tends to play on green boards, and also because my fluff bases the chapter on an agri-world. Sometimes I do wonder if they would look better with another kind of base, but then I have plenty of models ready and deserving for some special bases.

Nice scheme and excellent freehand work, especially on the side of that Rhino :)

That was probably my favourite part to paint... Painting decals and logos are always fun. Whether I'll say the same once I've got through the other vehicles lined-up, I don't know yet :P

They look awesome brother! Striking scheme, and great freehand! Would love to see more! ;)

Thanks brother! The colour scheme took some figuring out as I was going to originally go with 'Roman' colours, but on test painting it looked fugly. I was really going for striking so I'm glad you think so :)

More models are on the way; I need to convert and paint some scouts next!

• 3 weeks later...

I have just finished painting my first Sniper Scouts!

Please see the updated Opening post for the link, and let me know what you think, and what I can improve!

All feedback welcome,

thanks for looking!

Archived