Brothers, a moment of your time.

Taranis

There is a competition afoot and there are two deadlines. You have probably all read the rules and many have pledged already. ;)

What I'm trying to say is: Can we improve on our efforts?

All we who has already pledged something, big or small, has until 15 of august to complete and pledge new vows in order to increase our points. The deadline to be part of it is this weekend.

There is no asking for the painting whole armies. I have the intention to paint most of our named characters on or before 15 august. :mellow:

It doesn't have to be many models. One is fine. Everything counts and it could mean a big difference if we all add something!

I have full understanding for those of you who can't or won't participate for whatever reason.

I did a lot of secondhand shopping last year so I have lots of things in awkward colors screaming for BA red. What do you have laying around?

For competition details, read Captain Sempers tread.

Thank you for your time, Brothers. Enjoy the summer.

For what it's worth (as there's no way I'll be swinging the competition by any means, just helping) I will definitely be upping my vow in the near future. I'll have my ~200 point Contemptor Dreadnought, plus I plan on adding Mephiston (The Forge World Sevrin Loth model) and two Sanguinary Priests with Jump Packs. So, I'm looking at 615 points total. I suppose I could add in my 400 point unit of DC (that's 7 guys with Lemartes) for an even 1000ish.

The point is, with 12 models, I'm pulling 1k. Even I can paint 12 models by August!

For Sanguinius!

Yes guys, you need step-up the effort - the DAs and the Codex forums are gaining significant distance from BAs, BTs and SWs in terms of participants. I believe that the focus until next Friday should be on bringing in new participants and not so much on points. You can always make new and heftier vows after the 15th but no new entrants will be allowed. Although completed points will eventually win you or lose you the challenge the chances to get more points in, rises steeply with the more people involved. And lack of participants is gonna show more in the final stages of the Challenge when competition will undoubtedly become steeper.

So for the Blood of Sanguinius, leave none alive! :)

We all do what we can and sometimes its just not the right to do. Study/work/real life comes first. I'm sure you'll be joining another time only faster, harder, smarter.

I hope you pop by and cheer us on and comment on our efforts with brush and paint.

See you around, friend. ;)

Alright. I was trying to be conservative with my vow, but I've got until August. I have some stuff that needs to be ready for a tourney in a shorter timeframe, so I added it. +930 points for the Sons of Sanguinius to bump up my existing pledge of 230 points.

We can do this!

Brothers, "iacta alea est" as Caesar once said. ;)

We who have committed ourselves to this painting challenge will have to be effective, determined and helpful. It's my hope that we from our 4th place can race onwards to glory. When, not if, we win this we will have defended our honour and regained some of what we lost in the LPC!

The key to doing this is for ALL to complete their current vows and perhaps one more. Don't overrated your time. It's far better to contribute something however small than paint 10k points only to stumble at the finish line and don't contribute at all. The further we get into the contest the "easier" your vows should be. Use our vast amounts of independent characters especially in the "end game".

I used my first vow to complete my terminators. Now I only hope 6th ed will be time of the terminator! :P

I will try to help where I can and ask of all of you to the same. Comment on our painting progress and let's all gather around the banner of our beloved primarch. In short: do what we always do. :)

My current (2nd) vow is a bunch of DC and two different Lemartes. DC is 90% done and the two Lemartes only primed.

How are you doing? And are there suggestions to optimize our winning potential please share.

I think Taranis has a great idea! This thread could work as your strategium - not only for forming strategies but also to encourage each other and keep morale high! It works wonders for the BTs and I think it'll do the same for you!

You are in an excellent position right now. You have fairly high participation and a good mix of large/small vows. There is literally nothing to stop you winning this - but some thinking and organization will certainly help!

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you want to hear a funny story?

BAs have 51 vows pledged totalling 27k points. Right now you have completed 3.6k. What's funny about that? Here it is: The Ordos guys have pledged 19 vows so far. Yeap, just 19! And are worth a total only 5.6k points put together. AND THEY HAVE COMPLETED 3.4K!!! :D

So you are very close to be overtaken by the forum with the least participation - just because they have put their mind to it! When do you think it's a good time to start with some completions? We're halfway there already and the BTs and the SWs have more than 100% more completions than you. This is not about completing your vow in the nick of time, it's about completing and then vowing again - or at least have the option to vow standing in reserve, depending on the general picture!

BAs have a heavy legacy as THE painting forum to preserve... I beleive this is a reputation worth maintaining - because right now guys? it looks like capitulation!

Good thing Sanguinius is not around to see this...

Archived