Sviars Raven Guard - E Tenebrae Lux challenge

Sviar

“I Sviar answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

1 tactical squad (1 sergeant and 9 marines) with 1 flamer

1 Spacemarine Chapter Master with power weapon(power sword) and a boltgun

1 Predator with autocannon with Heavy bolter side sponsons

from Codex: space marine of total value 395 points on or before August 15.

Success will bring eternal glory to Raven Guard and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

The Spacemarine Chapter Master step one

As Raven Guards are known for their stealth I am going with dark colours. And because I really (really really :cuss ) like the Raven Guards fluff I'm going to paint the Spacemarine Chapter Masters face white. The cloak is going to be dark green. And instead of using Shining gold(yes I know the names have changed) I am going with the darker Dwarf bronze in the areas where it is required.

Next up is step two.

A link to my photo album:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...&album=7244

• 2 weeks later...

Step two:

I have done all final touches and some light highlighting. As the Chaptermaster is from the box AoBR, I have made him into a true Raven Guard with some detail work, like on the banner you kan read XIX (their legion number) the face is white and the hair is black as is the eyes.

The Chapter Master is now complete.

Next step is the tactical squad.

Excellent Raven Guard Chapter Master there Sviar!

The dark green looks great with Raven Guard. The pure white face and black hair really look good and it suits someone who has served for centuries.

I will be painting my Raptors flesh in really pale tones also as fits the sons of Corax.

Keep up the good work. I wont be starting my vow until July as I am finishing of my Uni work, but once I am clear I will be able to chip in and we can show those dress wearing green traitors how it is done.

Great work mate

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Yak, I look forward to see your Raptors project.

The tactical squad of Ravens Step one:

It is challenging to paint black hence the reason for the many guides to paint black. I have done it my way and even though it may be hard to spot it on the pictures it isn't too bad. I stuck to a basic but classic theme of grey/black/dark metal. I then highligted my Ravens with fortress grey. I painted their visirs with camo green for two reasons: For the contrast and to make them look a little more scary.

Next up step two. Step two includes arms,bolters and shoulderpads assembly plus some final touches. I have already begun on step two and I think that they look really good (I am not the best painter out there but in comparison to what I can achive).

Thanks. Yes, I bought RTB01 in London 1990 when I was there with my family on a holliday.

When they were all assembled and painted I got into the final touches which was to paint the captains kneepad white and wrote the squad number III. Washed the shadowy sides on his face with Ogryn flesh. The captains head is also fron RT era. The canister on the flamer was given a red layer, the thing about the flamer is that even though it was deigned in late 80:s it looks more futuristic than the new one, if you can spot it from the picture. The RT era bolters also look cool, they also is badly shown in the picture(sorry). As it is Raven Guard all were given the MKVI armour.

Onto the Predator Step one:

After I primed it with Chaos black I went on painting a big portion of the cannon using Leadbelcher. And proceded to use it on the boltguns attached to the Predator. The ammo belts was given the colour of Runefang steel. The two small light beside the big headlights on each side was done in Shadow grey as were all the "look out glasses" on the hatches, and on one hatch there is a cross that with a few stepsmbecame white. The turrent hatchets top was done in Leadbelcher.

Step two:

I finished the cannon and glued all the hathes in place and gave the "teeth" in the backbrige the colour of Leadbelcher. The two headlight was given the colour Iyanden darsun and the net Fortress grey. The turrets headlight was done in Iyanden darksun and its glass in Shadow grey. The exhaust grill in Leadbelcher. And the mud/dirt in the track was Calthan brown. I then went on to do the final touches and now I am done,done and done :D

Archived