Turning Tactical Marines into Death Company.

JelliedBlood

Hi, super noob question here.

I've just started 40k and picked up the battleforce. At the local GW store, one of the Blood Angels players told me to split the 10 man tactical squad into 5 Death Company and 5 Assault Marines by mixing parts from Death Company and the tactical marines. I was just wondering if it would be possible to do so and if there are any rules or anything against doing so.

Welcome to the BA!!

Totally nothing stopping you from doing this.

My advice however is spend a while trying to figure out where you are going with your army- build wise. Plot out what you're making/building and take it from there so you dont have to waste any money.

Certain things lean themselves towards better choices than others, so knowing where you're going is helpful.

Ive taken the DC bits and mixed them among the TAC squads to make some more colourful and interesting.

The battleforce has 10 TAC, 5 DC and 5 RAS (regular assault squad) guys yeh?

I was given help making a list which involved 2 5-man squads of Assault Marines and a 10 man squad of DC in a Rhino so I'm gonna use the DC jump packs to make half the squad into Assault Marines. I'm just worried about having a lack of chainswords and bolt pistols. ;)

If I got the battleforce I'd use the bits to make 10 Assault Marines with jump packs and 10 Death Company in a rhino. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, as Morticon suggestion mix the DC bits around to make everyone look "more Blood Angely".

I try to make my sergeants entirely out of DC bits or Sanguinary Guard bits to keep them looking more impressive.

The great thing about the Battle Force is that it comes with everything you would get in the boxes if you bought the squads seperaterly. I usually purchase a DC box and a box of either Tac Marines or Assault Marines. The DC sprue gives you everything you need minus legs and torsos to make 10 full DC, use the RAS or 5 of the Tac marines to fill it out and bam... 10 DC with bits left over to add to your bits box.

Archived