Storm Talon WIP

Just got hold of my new Storm Talon kit a couple of days ago and have just managed to start thinking about getting it together. I really want to take my time and not overlook any details so I'm starting with the techmarine and the cockpit. I'm thinking lots of flashing dial and readouts. hopefully they will be visible through the clear plastic!

gallery_66259_7343_986592.jpg

Looks great so far. I made the same mistake I make almost every time I put a model(especailly a new model) with detailed interior together. So now I'm stick painting the inside of the cockpit fully assembled. I have almost finished, just detailing the marine. Hopefully I'll have more batteries for the camera by time I'm finished.

I normally piant them the techmarine red colour(currently using mechrite red, with a mix of blood/mechrite red to highlight) and then the tech symbol shoulder pad white then the trim red and the other is the standard black templar pad.

And it would appear the one thing my missus forgot on her trip into the shops was more batteries. :lol:

Codex scheme is for the Mechanicus pad to be the same red as the armour with metal trim whilst the Chapter badge pad is Chapter Colour with metal trim, so for Smurfs that would be Blue :)

That's some outstanding work on the interior! A lot of detail in there.

I must get myself a Storm Talon sometime...in the meantime I'll be watching this thread.

Same here, that cockpit is really well done.

Looking good, apart from your brighter red and the dark cockpit our painted switches and pannels layout is pretty much the same.

Cool, let me know when you get some batteries! Can't wait to see yours. Had a look at your templar stuff earlier and was mightily impressed, well done sire!

Taking your time really does pay off. That looks great!

It is a shame that he covers up a lot of the rear detail - almost tempting to stick some cockpit lights in there - but, as you say, you know it's there. B)

Just remember to be careful with the glue when you come to putting the cockpit on. PVA won't risk misting it like plastic or super can.

The Techmarine looks really good, and it is a shame he hides the amazing detail work you did.

I think the Stormtalon looks way more balanced with the las-cannons. All the others i've seen look awkward with the missile pods.

So, slow progress so far however I have now base coated pretty much the whole body and I've started to begin washing and highlighting on the wing sections. I'm using the new citadel range for my blue on this and it's only the second time I have, the first being a single sternguard veteran who came out really well however I'm unsure about washing when it comes to my vehicles. I tried it on the wing sections but it wasn't great so I've re touched one, I think you can see it in the photo. Also begun highlighting on the first wing, it looks quite faint but I didn't want to over do it, I usually dry brush my vehicles but decided edge highlighting might be better on this. I'm still undecided which is better.

gallery_66259_7343_944518.jpg

gallery_66259_7343_67456.jpg

gallery_66259_7343_498971.jpg

gallery_66259_7343_754295.jpg

gallery_66259_7343_1079813.jpg

Archived