Stormtalon...

Razmus

How do you guys feel about the new stormtalon being used as the landspeeder Sammeal pilots? Any issues with using it. Of course there would be some conversion, but I think it makes a great chassis for his ride.

Thoughts?

While it seems appropriate to have ravenwing in control of aerial units the current ravenwing backstory is that they are more for recon and scouting missions. That isnt really a role that has been sugguested for fliers. They seem more like heavy support or transport though it is forseeable for them to be fast attack in the current force org structure. As such it seems unlikely that they will feature as units of the ravenwing and more likely they will be choices within the general DA army. Therefore no sammy riding shotgun.

Well, I was actually thinking that the ST model would be represented well as Sammy's speeder. The current landspeeder model just doesn't convey "AV 14" like the Stormtalon does (to me).

Again, I stress, conversion.

• 2 weeks later...
I just purchased a Storm Talon and started assembly. First of all it is gonna be for my Ravenwing and I have renamed it the Raven Claw. First thing I did is put a Robie in piloting it. That will be probably the extent of conversion. I will post picks as soon as assembly is finished thru paint.

Not against you using it as Sammies ride or doing it in RW black but....

after seeing the model in the flesh at my local GW I disliked it due to the usual flying brick problem that GW tends to have.

For me I would have to give it at least a tail boom extension like I did with my Raven. This would make it look more like a modern day Attack Heli and a bit more "realistic" (yes - I know its a Sci-Fi game with little plastic men ;) )

When you say you are going to convert it, just what are your plans?

Archived