The Bound

Paradigm

These Night lords are from a Campaign I am writing called The Pertinax Campaign.

"Easy, Brother Uisce, your wounds aren't fully healed. Welcome back to the living. Do you remember what happened?"

"Malcador tanks lumbered into position on the ridge, that was the last thing I remember clearly. Shells screamed down all around me. I must have been struck. My warplate-- "

" -- Is in ruins, Emperor protect us. The brothers from the armory may have to begin purifying captured traitor's plate, to make up our losses, soon. So much has been lost."

"Who are you, brother?"

"I'm Apothecary Zoticos, of the Deathwatch and the Emperor's Spears. There was little I could do for you Brother, If it weren't for the Iron Hand's expertise you'd be lucky to be training aspirants, your warplate kept you alive, but your body... There wasn't much left, Uisce."

"And of the fight, are we winning?"

"You've been out for weeks, the battle was lost. The Helborne artillery pinned you and your comrades down, though you weathered that from what we gather. All of you tell the same story. Traitor Astartes in battered warplate rushed your flank from the shadows. The auspices didn't pick them up, and they came upon you so fast and with such fury, the Helborne artillery hadn't stopped firing before the strike force was lost. They were sons of Curze and bore the red bat sigil. The Tearers were butchered along with the Sharks, only you remain of Dorn's sons. Some Malevolents and a few Deathwatch were all that made it back."

"How many?"

"Of 50 Astartes, twelve remain"

The Bound are a Night Lords warband, lead by a Khornate Champion. Many in the warband have fallen to outright Khorne worship. A slight majority still believe they are demanding the favor of an angry god, and work in a form of symbiosis. These are true Chaos Marines, and their warband is a constant anarchy held together by the strength of champions and fidelity to the God of Murder.

This warband is an attempt at a modern rendition of the Realms of Chaos Night Lords. The old now retconned fluff portrayed them as Khornate. I hope to update and bring them into the modern 40k setting. They aren't World Eaters, these are still Night Lords, and in the campaign will have rules to reflect it.

This thread will be a log for the squad I'm building for my army.

http://i45.tinypic.com/6o0tc7.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/sy5e1k.jpg

That arm looks pretty odd in the photo.

The Beaky idea I kind of stole from Maverick's Space Wolves. He has a mini that is kind of similar. The arms are from the Beastmen kit, the pauldrons are from the Chaos Knights. Though the one on the left is in fact using a Beastmen pauldron. About half of the eight I'm building are going to be bare-armed.

I have two more built so far today. I'm going to try to paint them soon. I just found out I might have to leave in the next few days for a month or so.

The bare armed guys are slow going as the arms have to be trimmed up, and the hair has to be cut off and filed smooth.

I'll edit the fluff bit a tad as to make it more understandable. It's two marines speaking to each other after a battle.

The campaign pits the Ordo Xenos, Marines Malevolent, the Flesh Tearers, The Iron Hands, The Charcaradons, and the Executioners against the Night Lords, The Brotherhood of Darkness, The Night Killers and The Bound, a Traitor PDF called the Pertinax Helborne, and a sprinkling of the Punishers.

Well, overall my warband is mostly standard Night Lords, but the Bound are something new that I'm adding into the mix. They're a warband of corrupted Night Lords, but many of them still think they're the ones controlling the daemonic influences. They see Khorne as the god of Murder and Carnage and so curry his favor on the battlefield. However they've more or less become berzerkers in the bargain. Other Night Lords don't really like them much, but they're effective allies if nothing else.

When the Campaign starts they are the most brutal close combat warriors on the battlefield. Their Leader briefly takes overall control of the warbands on Pertinax. However, he is a pretty twisted character, he keeps a chained psyker as tortured pet. The psyker is covered in Khornate brands to diminish his power, and is fed nothing but blood from Khornate sacrifices.

The psyker might get noticed by somebody who isn't all that friendly with Khorne during the campaign.

Archived