Fake 6th Ed Cover Photoshop Contest

Olis

Ladies and gentlemen, I have an idea. Or rather, awfulawful has an idea:

That fake cover is awful, but it makes me think that we should have a thread here in which people can make their own versions and we'll decide whose is the best/most awful. Has there ever been a photoshop contest here?

So here it is, a photoshop contest for B&C, to see who can produce the Best (and Worst) Fake 6th Edition Rulebook Cover. Let's just get this out of the way - I have never photoshopped before. There. I said it. So I won't be entering (thus I cannot win my own contest). But the idea to hold a contest (brief or otherwise) stuck. Never done that before, either. This is going to go well. :P

I figured I'd like to keep this relatively freeform, not putting any real limitations on the entries - There isn't anything to win, I'm afraid, as this is just for giggles really.

So, the competition. There are two categories - Best, and Worst.

Best

In the Best category, the criteria are simply how good it looks and how realistically it could be the "real" 6th Edition rulebook cover. That's it. The more professional it looks, the better.

Worst

This category is literally just for giggles and is likely to be judged far more arbitrarily than Best. Suffice to say, unless it gets turned into a poll, the winner is the one who makes me laugh the most.

Of course, if you enter, you'll have to say which category you're entering (you are allowed to enter both, once, with different entries). The date to aim for is the 30th of June, guys, if you're in. All you have to do to enter is post the entry in this thread. Simples.

That's pretty much all I got at the moment. Are there any takers?

I really like the idea, but I'm not really that skilled in that regard. Hope some of the talented folks on this forum have a go, as I think its only a few more weeks till the 6th pre-orders go out.

I'm no photoshop whiz but I'd love to see what others can come up with, although I get a weird feeling there will be some entries aimed towards 'winning' the worst cover. Hell, I might even shoop a Space Marine with Arnie's head.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found this:

http://www.extrahype.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Warhammer40kSpaceMarineVideoDumped.jpg

I'm so all over this! Hopefully I can knock it out tonight and tomorrow morning. I already have most of it done. Now I just need to scratch build a war hammer for the cover.

Horribly done but I think it gets the point across. All major xenos involved on the cover and the idea of the Imperium having to bring out its greatest heroes to combat the overwhemling horrors about to devour it.

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i369/MarineErrant/fake6thedcover.jpg

Here we go. It's not perfect by any stretch, but I did what I could in an hour and a half.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ur719w.jpg

For some reason the image quality isn't the best. I'll see what I can do.

Wow fortnight, that is awesome! Really love the use of that older piece of art work. Crimson Fist one right? Love that one. <_<

If I could shoop at all, I'd give this ago, but I'm terrible. Lucky for me their is a "worst" category, so may have to give it a go.

I like it. Looks like that one's going in the 'Best' pile, then... :P
Looks like it is going to win too (since it is the only serious entry so far).

EDIT: Just realised I should've done Statham instead of Arnie.

Wow fortnight, that is awesome! Really love the use of that older piece of art work. Crimson Fist one right? Love that one. :tu:

If I could shoop at all, I'd give this ago, but I'm terrible. Lucky for me their is a "worst" category, so may have to give it a go.

I feel your pain. Although I do have GIMP and know some of the basics (blur tool etc...), the one I did was done on Paint... because Paint is boss!

Archived