So yeah, imperial fists in the eternal fortress

Paradill

Hello lovely people, it's been a while.

So I sat awake in bed the other night thinking to myself about how it's been so long since I started a project from scratch. I decided I would quite like to do a small Imperial Fists force for several reasons; they are the parent legion of my DIY chapter, they have a rich and glorious background and I haven't got much experience painting yellow, so it will be a learning curve for me and I do like a challenge.

Looking at the forge world range, I couldn't help but want to do some pere-heresy armour types. I read through some background stuff and decided that the eternal fortress on Sebastus IV, known to posterity as the 'iron cage' incident would be a nice background setting for my little project. As my eternal insomnia doesn't seem to want to let me off and I need something to kill the time, I have decided I will be writing a short background for each battle brother and sharing it with you guys as I go.

This project will be an excuse to use lots of things I haven't used before so it might not be up to my usual standard, but I am very excited about venturing into unexplored territory. Several different marks of armour and bolter will be in use as will various bits and bobs to give the battle brothers character.

The list itself isn't going to be mega Killy, just a little bit of what I feel represents a war battered legion in a hopeless situation, it will consist of the following:

Captain Sammael, lord of the household, the flame knight (counts as pesto kantor) (Corvus armour)

Tactical squad Charrom (10 man iron armour)

Tactical squad Drayon (10 man Maximus armour)

Huscarl Squad Ulthidius (5 man terminator squad in that forge world pattern TDA)

Honoured Huscarl brother Lothian (Contemptor dread)

Veteran squad Valdosta ( 5 man stern guard squad in heresy armour or crusade armour, might need to vote on that one)

Now as chance happens it, I have received my first five Iron armour dudes from forge world about a week and a half ago but haven't had chance to work on them, that is until Thursday when a lady of a somewhat distracted demeanour pulled out without looking and knocked my off my motorbike, totalling the poor bike and injuring me in a rather grizzly way. This gives me plenty of time to work on the beginnings of this project. I already have three guys done with another three yet to come (I had a spare iron armour guy in my blitz box) and will be posting pics and biographies and work in progress shots soon.

Cheers

Paradill

First model is done (ish still need to figure out a nice colour scheme for the base) it is quite a challenge painting all this yellow so it isn't one of my best but I'm happy with the results as a first go and it has taught me a few things so I can refine my technique for following models. So here is an intro to Tactical Squad Charrom:

Tactical Squad Charrom

Tactical squad Charrom is a conglomerate unit made up of battle brothers who fought in the crusade and before the gates of the imperial palace during the siege of Terra. Although they are relatively new as a unit, each battle brother has decades or centuries of hard fought battle experience. Due to their trials and losses on Terra, brother captain Sammael allows those who fought in that hopeless hour to paint their face plates white in memory of the fallen and in an oath to avenge them. As the 22nd company was severely mauled at the battle of the imperial palace, Squad Charrom finds itself as the companies pre-eminent unit, leading the company in scouring the galaxy of their traitorous former brothers. In the Eternal Fortress the squad find themselves sorely tested, one of the few squads still fighting in any semblance of cohesion, they find themselves as part of a small force under Captain Sammael's command. They will join him in the search for their Primarch, whom no one has heard from in several days...

Veteran Sergeant Archimedes Charrom

Archimedes Charrom is one of the finest squad leaders in the VII Legion Astrates. Recruited into the legion at a similar time to Captain Sammael, the two share a bond wrought in the blood of a thousand enemies and the dirt of a hundred worlds. A Terran, Charrom was enraged by the filth brought to his home world by Horus and his turn coat brothers during the siege of the imperial palace, showing his disgust with the bark of his bolter and the cut of his blade. Separated from Sammael and his squad during the intense, close quarter fighting, Charrom never speaks of his experience as he fought alone through the hordes of chaos. Some swear they saw a lone fist, stood defiant at one of the many breaches in the inner sanctum, spitting hatred and death at the waves of cultists, demons and traitors that fought for purchase in the palace.

In the eternal fortress Archimedes leads squad Charrom under Sammael's command, hoping that they survive long enough to find the Primarch and wreak vengeance upon the Iron Warrior scum.

Veteran Sergeant Charrom is the only member of the squad who has the honour of having been knighted by Sigismund as a veteran of the legion. He is permitted thus to wear the heraldic cross of the first company upon his right Paulson and he does so with pride as an honours member of that elite band of warrior knights.

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p604/TheKnightEternal/th_be87ab17.jpg

Archived