To Meph or not to Meph? That is the Question.

Monolythic

I run him in his own Storm raven he has to take his own transport because he cant join a squad. I took Meph to a 1750 pt tournament and ran him with a jump pack melta guard. I was running a DOA list so it was tricky Meph had to hide on the board till the troops came down and I dropped the HG near him then ran him in the middle. Nigh on unstoppable monster with AV2 feel no pain furious charge and a 4+ cover save in the middle of the HG. 4 melta guns opened everything up for him to wreck.

I was slammed for comp but never mind. Mephiston wrecked everything he went near, DA terminators, chaos oblits, St Celestine all went down. I only lost him once in 6 matches.

Does anyone run him with an Honor Guard? Is it worthwhile or just more of a good thing? Or do they just get in his way?

Remember, while Mephiston unlocks access to an Honor Guard, he can not be with it as he can not join any unit ever (though as Drunken Angel suggests the Honor Guard could surround Mephiston to provide him cover saves).

I play Mephiston in most games. I play 2000-3000, never less. He is a great character and I find him really useful, taking on Great Demons and Demon princes and the like. Technically he shouldn't be in a DOA list. His major weaknesses are the no invulnerable save and not being able to join a unit, which makes him a magnet for lascannons and the like. Get him into close combat whenever you can.

Does anyone run him with an Honor Guard? Is it worthwhile or just more of a good thing? Or do they just get in his way?

Remember, while Mephiston unlocks access to an Honor Guard, he can not be with it as he can not join any unit ever (though as Drunken Angel suggests the Honor Guard could surround Mephiston to provide him cover saves).

Wow... glad I asked. I didn't realize how that worked. I thought they automatically joined HIM as a squad. Didn't realize the way it was worded. Thanks!

Wow... glad I asked. I didn't realize how that worked. I thought they automatically joined HIM as a squad. Didn't realize the way it was worded. Thanks!

Nope and for the record, Honour Guard do not automatically join any other HQ choice either :angry:

Archived