Non compet, but funny army

Crimson Wolf

Okay so reading through the rulebook I just thought of the most hilarious idea for a army make out that would be funny to face. For troops just some fluff for little points, scout squads, no add on. But here comes the funny stuff, HQ: MOF, second HQ, MOF, your three elites? all techmarines. Then dump all the points you can into making MASS SERVITORS (deck them out however you please) and then if you have any points left over, as a heavy support, a Thunderfire Cannon (just for the added priest)

Yes I know, kinda random army build idea, but I find it hilarious and would make a interesting and funny game to pass the time by. Thoughts? (again this is just a funny spoof idea, not a competitive army idea so no flaming please D; )

I enjoy making lists that are probably not very competitive but just... rediculous.

From your parameters I have made the following list:

150 Pts

MOF 

-Bike

-Power Weapon

150 Pts

MOF 

-Bike

-Power Weapon

170 Pts

10 Scouts 

-CCW & BPs

-Combi Melta

-Power Weapon

-Melta Bombs

10 Scouts

-Telion

-8 x Snipers 

-Heavy Bolter

220 Pts

Techmarine

-Servo harness

-Power Weapon

5 x Servitors

-2 x Multi Melta

205 Pts

Techmarine

-Servo harness

5 x Servitors

-2 x Plasma Cannon 

205 Pts

Techmarine

-Servo harness

5 x Servitors

-2 x Plasma Cannon 

100 Pts 

Thunderfire Cannon

100 Pts 

Thunderfire Cannon

1500 Pts total

I felt that to be a true techmarine force there should be the minimum possible troop choices and no dreads.

I don't see where it says a MOF can take servitors?

Nor can I see how a techmarine attached to a thunderfire cannon could take servitors as he isn't an IC until the thunderfire cannon is destroyed and even if you could they would mind lock 50% of the time.

Nor can I see how a techmarine attached to a thunderfire cannon could take servitors as he isn't an IC until the thunderfire cannon is destroyed and even if you could they would mind lock 50% of the time.

it's right in the Servitor entry that you can take one unit of Servitors for each Techmarine and Master of the Forge in your army. The Servitors for Thunderfire Cannon Techmarine Gunners is iffy, at best. It's been discussed at length in the Official Rules forum, and chalked up as a Grey Area rule and a bit silly to even bother with due to Mindlock.

Army list page 138 where it shows techmarine in the elite section, in a grey area (under the tech marine stats and gear choices) it says you may include one unit for every techmarine and MOF in your army. (then it lists their stats and gear choices)

Okay so I made the list, and here it is, just for laughs and giggles for you and the other player, the servitor army.

Mof+Conversion Beamer, power sword, 5 Servitors (one plasma cannon one multi melta)

Mof+Conversion Beamer, power sword, 5 Servitors (one plasma cannon one multi melta)

Techmarine+SH, PW, 5 Servitors (one plasma cannon one multi melta)

Thunderfire Cannon.

x2 Scout squads no upgrades.

Rhino with HK

Exactly 1500 points on the dot

The MOF lists are great with scouts with cloaks, I have thought several times about making a 10th Coy force with MOF for the +1 to cover bonus

thunderfires mesh well with snipers, and the techy gies you the +1 cover too.. all for 100 points.. cheap as cheapy cheap cheap

Archived