Brotherhood of 13

Ordered the lights for the interior of the cargo area and cockpit. awesome resource www.modeltrainsoftware.com the prices are awesome and 2 day shipping the power supply is watch battery size and works for 12 hrs with up to 10 leds. Only 12.00$ for two power supplies and 8 leds.

Might do a necron monolith with the fiber optic cable kit and green leds just for fun.

Deathknight2000- Well yea... they are the Brotherhood of 13, unless that sounds too lame. As far as original chapter name I think I like Scions of The Emperor. not very creative but... its not going to be on the armor so it will be fine I think. i plan on painting an ivory color with gold trim and I am going to test paint on a handprint to see if I like it. of maybe tiny writing all over the armor(names of all their lost battle brothers).

Will be writing back story and names for the indvidual marines.

Also if I can I would like to hand paint the name of the dropship and a little logo on the side of the cockpit, I'm gonna call it Scrambles... The Death Dealer. :P

Quick update,

I have the second landspeeder storm and all the light kits came in. So now I'm get to work on the dropship and lighting for the model. Anybody got any ideasfor the marines? I have have a standard marine, the master sarge, techmarine piolt and a heavy bolter so far..... some scouts maybe? Not sure on the rules for killteam as I have only seen it played.

Any sugestions or advice on a good set upfor killteam would be appericated. :P

I looked up some option names for your group. Since brotherhood of 13 doesn't have a mercenary ring to it. So I entered into google "13".

And these two came up..

Lucky 13

13 Ghosts

Now I know they are cheesy as hell, but the options for the lucky thirteen spade symbol are easy to do. The 13 Ghosts name just sounds awesome.

Greeting brother,

First off, I like what you are doing here!

That Drop ship could really be something special so very much looking forward to seeing that finished.

And have to agree with DeathKnight2000, "13 Ghosts" has a lovely ring to it!

PS: And thanks for the mention on the TS and Bolter but fair's fair, I am merely one of the more recent guys to use it, both ideas come from DantheDaemon on here. See if you can find his threads because they are truly inspirational.

That is all, Night Hunter out.

DeathKnight2000- Ok I'm digging the 13 Ghosts, 'specialy cause of the off white color scheme. I could also do the bloody palm print on the shoulder pad over the original chapter symbol... Not sure on how that would look.

Nighthunters- Checked it out, thats pretty awesome, I gave you the props though because your conversions were the inspration for me to do some baller work of my own. Hope may pain skills will do justice to this idea.

Thanks for the the help and ideas guys.

Ok, Quick updated.

So... working 60hrs a week for two weeks and picking up catering in between is realy cutting into my hobby time...

But now I have money to fuel my disease :(

That being said, Nighthunters that palm print is something else, I'll PM him to see if I can get the method for that, I think I'm gonna go for that look on the helm.

The cabin area is not looking the way I want it to. So I think I'm gonna scrap it and scratch build a drop cabin. Its so upsetting cause that means I kinda wasted two landspeeder storms. :cuss

Will try to post pics tommrow, I think I have the paint down for the ivory color and gold.

Also, they will not be a chapters leftovers, they will be loyalists from the different traitor chapters of the Badab War.

I have started writing back story for them, the white and gold armor is symbolic of their purity and loyality to the Emperor, and the bloody palm print is the symbol of their death oath to restor their honor.

So now the camera is shot so will be about a week to get a new one. :)

After having a conversation with my brother about my concept for the dropship (Where he brought up the point that "It's open... with no doors on it... so they like stay on one planet all the time and oh hey man they can only fit like 3-4 marines in the drop area.") Sighs in frustration, One day I'll kill him for pointing out flaws after the fact instead of when I showed him the concept.

So now I have orderd storm raven wings off of ebay and have decided to still scratch build the drop compartment but more like a thunderhawks central body so it will be a little fat in the center and have doors on the sides, that open up or maybe slide back like the clonetrooper ones , over the wings maybe so they will act as a ramp when its on the ground for them to run down.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t510/nighthaunter12/Imperial_dropship_transport.jpg

Like this but with a nose and tail.

Or I could just diregard his input and keep on trucking.

Any input on this would be aprecatied. Especially those of you who have done some heavy modifactions on vehicles.

The Lord High Supreme Chef thanks you in advance.

Archived