True Corruption.

So. This is my first post in this thread, and my first post ever to show off my WIP stuff.

A while back, I got the not so glorious idea of converting a SM Venerable into a Chaos one. The other day I got my kit and so went to work. I had, of course, more than a few bits left over from previous Chaor projects, such as the Daemon Prince, more than one kit of Spawn, Rhino etc etc.

Without much further ado, here he is.

Dreadnought.

Now that is one seriously spiky dreadnought! And I thought mine was going to need a complicated carry case! ;)

What sort of weapon loadout are you going to give it? And which head is that in the sarcophagus? Looks nifty as heck, either way.

Can't wait to see the updates!

Od.

I do love a good loyalist Dread getting sent to the dark forges... This looks awesome. I'm working on 6,7 and 8 at the moment... It's a fun project. Just be careful you don't go too wild with the spikes, I've found from blu-tac stage that you can make it overly busy. A way I learned was that if stuff starts falling off as you're blu-tacing more, then it's too much.

However, that said, go nuts. There are plenty more out there that need a trip to the true mechanicum...

What paint scheme is it getting?

I do love a good loyalist Dread getting sent to the dark forges... This looks awesome. I'm working on 6,7 and 8 at the moment... It's a fun project. Just be careful you don't go too wild with the spikes, I've found from blu-tac stage that you can make it overly busy. A way I learned was that if stuff starts falling off as you're blu-tacing more, then it's too much.

However, that said, go nuts. There are plenty more out there that need a trip to the true mechanicum...

What paint scheme is it getting?

Odsox: It's spiky indeed! The spikes on the back does a great job resembling wings, wich I adore. I'm going to have the arms interchangable, cus I'm lazy and greedy like that. The head in the sarcophagus is the Nurgle themed head from the Chaos Space Marine kit; I simply removed the horn and filed the top of it's head so it would fit.

Chaplain Hiltraud: Thank you! I do too, though I hate painting.

Chaos Lord Shamrockius: I do too, it's so fulfilling to see something so pure fall so low. I won't add anymore to it atm though, since less is more. As for color scheme; black with red trims and bleached bone shoulderpads, just like my DIY army of Chaos, aka The Ironclad. Hands will be iron as well, since it's a fallen group of Iron Hands.

I will also be posting here when I've painted it, but won't do that until I'm finished with said painting. Might take a week, might take a year; I don't paint regularly.

Archived