pre-heresy deathguard

Whats that underslung weapon?

Looks to me like a very old autocannon, the kind that came on a sprue with a conversion beamer and a missile launcher in old chaos and genestealer hybrid blisters. A really beautiful set of weapons it was.

Chaos black, drybrush of scorched brown undercoat. Black ink wash. Highlight with the following paints in a 50/50 mix of paint and saliva, two coats per colour: scorched brown, grave yard earth, desert yellow, kommando khaki. Highlight rivits etc with bleached bone.

Green is a pot of 20 year old citadel acrylic that has no label and bite marks on the lid. I was a hungry child.

That is a nice pint scheme you have there - the saliva definatly adds a nice touch to the paint ;)

Looks to me like a very old autocannon, the kind that came on a sprue with a conversion beamer and a missile launcher in old chaos and genestealer hybrid blisters. A really beautiful set of weapons it was.

Managed to hold of a complete sprue of these weapons recently - they are very nice.

That is a nice pint scheme you have there - the saliva definatly adds a nice touch to the paint :cuss

Managed to hold of a complete sprue of these weapons recently - they are very nice.

Remove my mold lines, undercoat me and colour me jealous!

Got another angle on that autocannon? Also, why would pre-Heresy Death Guard carry Chaos iconography?
Could be mid-heresy as well. The Death Guard didn't go Nurgle until shortly before the Siege of Terra, when Typhus conned Mortarion into slaughtering all their navigators and then got them lost in the warp.

I like the look of how the FW figures came out. I'm considering getting them for a "BA Successor Chapter" that likes doing things the old fashioned way for some reason. So lots of Mk.II and Mk.III armor, turboprop jump packs if I can get them, and all that.

• 1 month later...

world's slowest paintbrush + camera assplosion.

But, behold, an update! A whole 2.5 marines complete!

gallery_33377_7368_71460.jpg

Didn't like the mk2 armour when I started painting it. But now it's finished, I think I actually prefer it to mk3. For future models however, I'm slicing off that nose-bar thing. Just looks dumb.

gallery_33377_7368_23464.jpg

chaos bums. And yes, those backpacks are actually a nightmare to paint.

gallery_33377_7368_22226.jpg

metalguy wip. Eyelid went a bit wonky, looks a bit... strokey,

gallery_33377_7368_8350.jpg

bringing my old Stinkfists out of retirement. Will tidy up their paintjob to bring them more in line with deathguard.

Archived