the red horde?

DominicJ

i was wondering just how much of a company you can fit in 1750, and was quite surprised

you can take a captain and 100 drop pod assault marines at 2k (foc ignored)

just b & c, so wouldnt work, but i wonder.

Has anyone tried to cram in as many marines as possible?

In rebellion of Mech spam (and some xmas presents to myself), I have an 1850 list. I realized, because of the FOC, I can never do a whole company :o

HQ: Librarian /w jump pack

Troop: 3 RAS, 2 tacticals

Elite: 2 Sanguinary priests (JP and footie)

Heavy: 2 Full devestator squads

73 bodies. Bwahahahahaaaaa. I suppose for 1750, you could always cut down the 10 man Dev to 5 dudes.

I realized, because of the FOC, I can never do a whole company :(

Yes, this annoys me too. I have a couple of workarounds, though:

1) Sternguard veterans used as squads 1+2 from the company, representing the best tactical marines, like the DA company veterans. This works as traditional fluff says that any 1st Company not in TDA wear jump packs.

2) Bike/landspeeder marines can come from tactical squads, meaning you can take 2x10 man bike squads as tactical squads 5+6. Landspeders to taste.

In rebellion of Mech spam (and some xmas presents to myself), I have an 1850 list. I realized, because of the FOC, I can never do a whole company :(

Just do a mini-Apocalypse game, if the other guy agrees. FOC slots are jettisoned in Apocalypse games. :(

I threw together a 2000 point force, and won a game last night. The opponent was stunned to see so many BA on the table!

Mephiston

Sternguard squad (10), 2 meltas, 3 combimeltas, in a drop pod.

2x Assault Squads (10): power weapon, infernus pistol, 2 meltaguns.

Jumppacks.

2x Tactical Squad (10): power weapon, plasma gun, lascannon.

Vanguard Squad (8): power weapon, jumppacks.

Devastator Squad x2, (6), four missile launchers.

Had fun, and I honestly have not used an all foot list in about two years, I think this is my new favorite toy!!

71 dudes on the table...not bad...lots of fire into the enemy zone, and a few good units dropping onto the enemy models that are threatening you makes for a good game.

I have tried the 2 Baal/2 AC/LC list for sometime, and this is a nice change...

Mephy

Two Sanguinary Priests

Furiso Dread

Two Tactical Squads w/Rhinos

Two Assault Squads with Jump Packs

Small-ish death company

Two Devastator Squads- one all Lascannons, the other 2xML and 2xHB.

Not quite all foot slogging, but a lot of fun. Unexpected for sure. No one really had any problems except with the Devastators. They just couldn't believe/handle that much fire power... which is funny when you think how great the BA are in assault. It's like they just can't understand how/why a BA player would field Devastators! LOL

Archived