Potential Allies

Jolemai

Ally use is apparently a minimum of 1HQ and 1Troop. It expands beyond that depending on how good an ally they are.

As a guess I would say we would be allied with all Imperial forces, Eldar and Necrons (depending if our bromance fluff is upheld) or it may follow the alliance list in the Apocalypse rulebook, but for the moment all we can do is wish for what we want. Personally I would like access to Assassins again as mine have been gathering a lot of dust of late.

What would be your ideal allies?

GK GM . psychic communion + servor skulls . + making something like 20 DC jump packers scoring[through the GM] . land angles procs , servo skulls proc[-d6 on scater] and sky is the limit.

GK Inq with psycannon +GK terminators 10 man for a gunline with razors. 3 psycannon . rad and psycho nades . stand/walk in front . int 6 force weapons. GK doesnt take his own powers but the new ones from the rule book . few can charge this , and if they dont they are still eating the las/plas from razors and the 3 psycannons every turn.

Necrons and Eldar, because I own them :)

...and now it gets interesting. I too own some Eldar, now lets us say I field a Farseer and cast Doom on the unit my Death Company is about to charge or cast Mind War on the hidden fist chap in the squad Mephiston is about to eat...

GK GM . psychic communion + servor skulls . + making something like 20 DC jump packers scoring[through the GM] . land angles procs , servo skulls proc[-d6 on scater] and sky is the limit.

GK Inq with psycannon +GK terminators 10 man for a gunline with razors. 3 psycannon . rad and psycho nades . stand/walk in front . int 6 force weapons. GK doesnt take his own powers but the new ones from the rule book . few can charge this , and if they dont they are still eating the las/plas from razors and the 3 psycannons every turn.

Would the BA book not trump it, as in the DC entry states "Death Company never count as a scoring unit"? I'd imagine that that rule would take precedence over the GM's rule.

Allies, schmallies, we have no need for meatsheilds!! When the Flesh Eaters roll, we roll solo!! (Other Scions of Sanguinius of course not included)

I can't help but think allies is bad for the game (unless a team game, which are loads of fun) but will have to wait and see. I dont like the idea of our stuff being used by others but I'm selfish lol. You want BA stuff, go play BA!!! Tbh all our best, fancy units are pricey, and at the 1500 we at our club normally play a BA detachment could well become BA army lol

and Necrons (depending if our bromance fluff is upheld)

Its mentioned in the newCron codex, and is in-keeping with the newCron fluff so I'd guess that counts as being upheld (under oldCron fluff the Necrons were dead and wanted everyone else to die too, under newCron fluff they want to eventually return to life which they can't do if the Tyranids eat the entire galaxy, which is why the Silent King - first mentioned in the BA dex - is awakening the entire Necron race to face them, only he wasn't aware how sorry a state they are in, so I doubt it'll be the last time they are forced to ally with others against them)

Eldar I imagine will be in there - they were in Angels of Death and also in a scenario in WD after the current codex was released. Eldar move in mysterious ways so can pretty much fight alongaside anyone against anyone based on prophecy (I imagine you could make the same argument with regards to the Necron Nihilakh Dynasty as well).

Allies, schmallies, we have no need for meatsheilds!! When the Flesh Eaters roll, we roll solo!! (Other Scions of Sanguinius of course not included)

Heh. :)

His Chapter was at its lowest ebb, unable after countless attacks, to rid the planet below of the pestilent Eldar scum who had gained control of the planet's secret arsenal. Already 350 men and officers of the Flesh Eaters Chapter of Space Marines had died at the hands of those vile, outlawed aliens. The arrival of these five warriors could soon change the course of the war, for they had been sent to him by the Mentor Legion in a deal that was eminently fair and honourable ~ White Dwarf 98

Heh. :)

His Chapter was at its lowest ebb, unable after countless attacks, to rid the planet below of the pestilent Eldar scum who had gained control of the planet's secret arsenal. Already 350 men and officers of the Flesh Eaters Chapter of Space Marines had died at the hands of those vile, outlawed aliens. The arrival of these five warriors could soon change the course of the war, for they had been sent to him by the Mentor Legion in a deal that was eminently fair and honourable ~ White Dwarf 98

Lol;

C'mon man I know the fluff, I have been and bought the old WD that they feature and that is one of the reasons that we are now, ahem, a dead Chapter!!! Well, that and the Black Rage. Note Commander Isiah's distain for the goody too shoes mentors in the same story.

Still no allies for me though!

I look forward to people playing Stormravens and Baals in there own colours claiming 'allies' lol

it also depends just how loosely you define ally.

A hive fleet forward screen attacks an imperial world and over runs the capital.

A naval task force destroys the incoming nid fleet, leaving the nids stranded

A pdf and guard force begins the bloody task of retaking the city.

In the confusion, a chaos cruiser jumps in system and drops a terminator squad into the city.

Situation A

it drops said termies on top of the nid hive (also an ancient temple) and they begin slaughtering nids

the attacking guard choose to ignore the chaos marines and kill nids

Situation b

termies drop on pdf hq (also temple)

nids use confusion to break out and ignore chaos.

Given the size and duration of 40k, anything is possible

a grey knight task force battling an incursion of multiple bloodthirsters is going to ignore the slaaneshi cultists who pop up and start lobbing krak missiles at anything red. at least until the deamons are banished.

Will our wargear, items and special rules affect our allies though?

Feel no Pain Wraithlords with a 5++ from Shield anyone?

I can also see Guard having a detachment of a Techmarine with Servitors to repair tanks (in Apocalypse, one squad per super heavy no doubt).

Will our wargear, items and special rules affect our allies though?

Feel no Pain Wraithlords with a 5++ from Shield anyone?

I can also see Guard having a detachment of a Techmarine with Servitors to repair tanks (in Apocalypse, one squad per super heavy no doubt).

Lol please Emperor no, just no!

Potentials:-

Inquisitor + DCA anybody?

Kantor + Sternies?

GK libby + Pallies?

It was nice when you could ally with Deamonhunters/Witchhunters when they had codizes with flavour, with good fluff and pretty boss background.

From what we hear now, it seems that the new system will be a lot more abusive than everything we could have possibly imagined in our wildest dreams...not sure if I like it. :o

Snorri

Well being a Knights of Blood player, anything that I can immediately attack after winning the game! We don't care what it is, as long as it bleeds and happened to be in front of us when we swung widely with our chainswords. :P

necrons might not be your best choice then ;)

I imagine it'd be something along the lines of the WFB system, where they have 3 "factions", for want of a better word - Forces of Order, Forces of Disorder, and Neutral, and they're only designed for multiplayer games. If its doable in regular games, then I'm just going to tag-team my Blood Angel shock troops with my Tau gunlines and watch the world burn...

Archived