Potential Allies

Jolemai

*Flashbacks of the old demon hunters codex*

God-Emperor, I hope it's not for normal games. Imperial Guard heavy weapons. And so help me, If 6th will allow allies, I'm going to get the jump on everyone else cheesing it up, and buying as many manticore boxes as I can.

Tough to decide.

-BA don't really have anything great for assassination. If psychers are too powerful (a la WFB magic) I might be looking for the best stand alone assassination units.

-Some of the top rated, auto include, shooty models from some lists are tempting. Long Fangs, Psyfle Dreads.

-As was mentioned, Imotekh The Storm Lord has obvious synergy for a jumper assault list.

-Fielding an 8 SR list (at over 2k points) might be interesting (6BA SRs from heavy support, 2 GK SRs from FA).

-When SoB get a new Codex I want to start a sisters army. I don't see too much synergy here, but you must admit, Celestine and the Sanguinor would make a cute couple. :)

Well being a Knights of Blood player, anything that I can immediately attack after winning the game! We don't care what it is, as long as it bleeds and happened to be in front of us when we swung widely with our chainswords. :)

necrons might not be your best choice then :)

It's settled then, Ward's Ultramarines!

Well being a Knights of Blood player, anything that I can immediately attack after winning the game! We don't care what it is, as long as it bleeds and happened to be in front of us when we swung widely with our chainswords. ;)

necrons might not be your best choice then :P

If only there was a *like* button

Well being a Knights of Blood player, anything that I can immediately attack after winning the game! We don't care what it is, as long as it bleeds and happened to be in front of us when we swung widely with our chainswords. :(

necrons might not be your best choice then ;)

If only there was a *like* button

I have this thought fairly often.

I want to say "Black Templar" because I've always wanted an excuse to build some Templar models more than anything else, I think, but I'll wait for them to get an FAQ/new Codex and see how they interact with 6th Edition psyker rules.

Are we going to start doing unit analysis articles on our ally codicies? Is this sub forum (potentially) going to be a haven for all things Necron?

How are we going to react if major tournaments (including those outside of the US :( ;) ) don't allow allies?

Are we going to start doing unit analysis articles on our ally codicies? Is this sub forum (potentially) going to be a haven for all things Necron?

;)

I think a lot of people who are teasing the BA are going to be very surprised when they see that necrons can be grudging allies with all marines :( (at least from what i've been told)

Jump BA with a full unit of Gauss Blaster Immortals and Imotekh.

Night fighting, the new rapid fire rules plus interaction with relentless and ability for Gauss weaponry to strip hull points ready for the Melta killshot.

I want to see the rules specifically, and the FAQs. Because I want to know how the Emperor's Champion will work.

indeed! prefered enemy to all! ;) or maybe with grey knights grand master make death company contesting unit for objectives. :(

the options! the idea's!

But I agree first see the rules, the allies chart, point value and FAQ. In only 2 weeks!

Yeah if they limit the ways that special rules and wargear interact between allies, that will go a long ways toward balancing things out. Limiting special characters might not be as necessary at that point since a lot of the broken combos would not work.

Of course, you could still probably find some pretty crazy combinations. A primary Coteaz-led GK Henchmen spam list with a couple of DCA-filled stormravens and IG allies with a full Vendetta squadron and Psy-dread support could be pretty crazy for instance. No need for special rules interactions, just a lot of cheap(ish) effective units and lots of fliers.

I understand why people are worried about how allies will effect the game. But to play devil's advocate for a second, if almost everyone has access to the same units via allies, won't that actually help to balance the game? I mean, sure it might mean everyone will eventually start building the same boring net lists with the same allies, but that herd mentality with lists seems bound to happen anyway. Look at all the people who jumped on the Razorspam band wagon halfway though 5th --and that was without allies.

At best, it promotes both variety through the possibility of making a totally unique force through taking different units than you would normally have access to, and could promote balance through the probability that lots of people will have access to the same unit combos (broken, cheesy, or otherwise) and counters to those combos that everyone else does.

Anyway, I'm not even sure that I've convinced myself of what I've just typed, but I thought I'd give an alternative and slightly more up-beat viewpoint. :(

Archived