some of the new psychic powers

exsulis81

Pulled from warseer's rumors.

Some Psychic powers marked as number 6 on what I would assume is a random table (looking at a picture of the cards all fanned out, can only see the top card)

Discipline of Biomancy - Haemorrage, warp charge 1, range 12". Haemorrage is a Focused witchfire power with a range of 12". The Target must pass a toughness test or suffer a wound with no armour saves or cover saves allowed. If the target is slain randomly select another model (friend or foe) within 2" of him. That model must pass a toughness test or suffer a wound with no armour or cover saves allowed. If that model dies, continue the process until a model survives or there are no suitable targets within range.

Discipline of Divination - Scrier's Gaze, Warp charge 1. Scrier's Gaze is a Blessing that targets the Psyker. Whilst the power is in effect, you can roll 3 dice and choose the result you want when rolling for reserves, outflank or mysterious terrain.

Discipline of Pyromancy - Molten Beam, warp charge 2, range 12". Molten beam is a Beam with the following profile - S8 AP1 Assault, melta

Discipline of Telekinesis - Vortex of Doom, warp charge 2, range 12". Vortex of doom is a Witchfire power with the following profile - S10 AP1, Heavy1, Blast* *If the psychic test is failed centre the template on the psyker, it does not scatter.

Discipline of Telepathy - Hallucination, warp charge 2, range 24". Hallucination is a Malediction that targets a single enemy unit within 24". Roll immediately to determine the manner of hallucinations the target is suffering from (roll once for the whole unit) d6 1-2 - Unit is pinned, unless it automatically passes pinning tests or is locked in close combat, in which case there is no effect. 3-4 - The unit cannot shoot, run, declare charges or strike blows in close combat whilst the power is in effect. 5-6 - Every Model in the unit immediately inflicts a single hit on it's own unit, resol[/i]ved at that models own strengths, but using the strength bonuses, AP values and special rules of the most powerful close combat weapons (if they have any)

Discipline of Biomancy

This discipline is unavailable to DA Librarians.

Edit- Otherwise sounds quite interesting. Although I think posting these rules might be a bit iffy vis-a-vis the B&C rules.

I'm liking the fact that we get Divination.........I can see my outflanking Ravenwing bikers benefiting from re-rolls for reserves and outflanking. Also interesting is that Codex Marines don't get access to Divination, so the White Scars won't get the same access to re-rolls as the Ravenwing will! :)

I'm liking the fact that we get Divination.........I can see my outflanking Ravenwing bikers benefiting from re-rolls for reserves and outflanking. Also interesting is that Codex Marines don't get access to Divination, so the White Scars won't get the same access to re-rolls as the Ravenwing will! :(

as it should be ;)

These sound good, I might actually get around to painting that DA Librarian...

• 3 weeks later...

We wouldn't be able to use Vortex of Doom, none of our psykers are Mastery Level 2, nor could we use Molten Beam. We still have the Hellfire power (until the new codex comes out, anyway), but I have NEVER rolled well enough to have a strength 10 AP 1 weapon to destroy a vehicle.

Hopefully, in out new codex, we gain the ability to raise our Mastery Level (and Ezekiel should be better than a 1). Only time will tell.

While I totally agree that it sucks that some of the better offensive powers we are lacking the ability to use, I've always looked at our psykers (Ezekiel in particular) as a support caster and not a combat one; if for no other reason than the Book of Salvation's fearless bubble. In that light, at the very least I can now expect him to have a reroll power (thanks to the divination swap-out) and that's perfectly fine by me, which is considerably better than his old three powers. Even better for him if he gets a few of the other Divination powers, but ultimately, the reroll is the only one I'm planning on having the others are just the cherry on top.

oh man, ezekiel just took down a trygon with 6,6,5 on psychic shriek, 10 wounds, no armour save :) he wouldnt have done THAT last in 5th ed :D

Yep please bear in mind that as the rulebook is now published normal B&C rules apply re the posting of anything from it. They are no longer rumours B). Bits are ok for discussion purposes, but not great tracts all in one go.

Check forum rules if unsure. In this case they can stand for the purposes of this ongoing discussion, but I'd get nervous if any more appeared of that length and detail.

Cheers

I

Archived