Stormraven. With hurricane bolters?

Brother Chris

The new BRB says that the SR can Zoom (18 to 36 inches) and fire 4 weapons at full BS. Plus PotM makes 5.

This means you can dump all 4 bloodstrike missiles and fire whichever gun you have on the front. I wonder if any additional weapons you throw on the bird (hurricane bolter sponsons) can snap fire?

I'm imagining a SRs (or three :tu: ) entering from reserve on turn 2, Zooming 36 inches, dropping it's cargo via Skies of Blood (I'm not sure you can do this), then dumping all 4 Bloodstrike missiles, firing its main gun, and Snap Firing its sponsons. All in 1 turn!! Finally this sounds like a unit that can earn back its points!

Unless FAQed, the SR is a "Fast Skimmer", not a flyer, which grants that zoom ability. Also, not sure if there will be a concept of "defensive weapons" at all in the new book.

I'm just putting my first SR together and also wondering about the optimal weapons configuration for 6th edition. Currently thinking of plasma cannons and typhoon missile launcher for maximum power armor and vehicle killing ability. No hurricane bolters at the moment to save some points cost, even though I originally planned to include them.

Ok, so, Hurricane Bolters might be mathematicaly valid.

However.

The one thing my blood angels do not lack, is boltguns.

There are 50 of them, give or take, anyway.

What I do lack, is antitank, which at most, will be 5 MM and then I'm on to power fists.

Unless FAQed, the SR is a "Fast Skimmer", not a flyer, which grants that zoom ability. Also, not sure if there will be a concept of "defensive weapons" at all in the new book.

I'm just putting my first SR together and also wondering about the optimal weapons configuration for 6th edition. Currently thinking of plasma cannons and typhoon missile launcher for maximum power armor and vehicle killing ability. No hurricane bolters at the moment to save some points cost, even though I originally planned to include them.

The battle report in today's white dwarf has the SR performing a Zoom, being hit on 6's, then doing a Hover (changing it's type to a Fast Skimmer) to drop off it's passengers. Then getting shot down :/

Unless FAQed, the SR is a "Fast Skimmer", not a flyer, which grants that zoom ability.

"Many 'winged' units in existing codexes now count as Flyers (as detailed in the rulebook appendix), including the Imperial Guard Valkyrie and Vendetta, the Blood Angels Stormraven, the Dark Eldar Razorwing and, of course, the three new kits mentioned above." - GW What's new today, 25th June.

The Raven is: fast, a skimmer, and a flier.

Archived