So who is this new DA unit or character?

HsojVvad

Just looking on the GW site for the new rule book and came apon this.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...Id=prod1620012a

I believe it's the 4th picture from the left, it says Dark Angels. I reconize all of them excpet this fellow. He is on the right page, 3rd from the left on the top. Calabin Librarian? Cavelier Librarian? I can't make it out. So would this be a new unit or character? He looks like a regular Libriarian but the name I don't recall seeing in the 4th edition codex at all. Also who is the middle row 3rd from the left. Mini is the same as before, but I can't see the name too clearly. Can't reconize it as well.

Does anyone know if this could be a new unit/character or not?

Thanks guys, I don't know my fluff so well in the 40K universe. Just DA from 4th edition. Since we didn't have that, thought it was something new.

Just curious though, what does this mean? Would they be new units that are different from our codex to be used and played with, or just trying to sell old minis with a new spin on it?

they are probably bringing back the librarians being classed into different types of "mastery". No doubt Ezekiel will be our most powerfull psyker unless they release new IC's. But even then I doubt they would knock down older IC's off their thrones.

Basically imagine psykers being "wizards" that know and can perform a bunch of spells, some probably will be given at random at the start of a game to make things exciting and make the warp powers appear as random as they are.

Back in 2nd edition the game actually had a whole phase dedicated to psykic powers and I guess (never really played it) you pretty much 'needed' a Librarian (or psykic equivalent in your army) in your list to participate and not get totally wiped out by enemy psykers. The Space Marines came with 4 options for Librarians, each one more a more powerfull (and expensive) psyker:

- Lexicanium

- Codicier

- Epostolary

- Chief Librarian (--> Ezekiel)

yes, they are the Codicier and veteran respectively. I have a HUGE HDTV and there clear as day when I hook the laptop up to it. I hope they bring back librarium ranks.........along with Asmodai and Brother Bethor for that matter......

Personally, I think this indicates that we won't be getting a new Azrael or Ezekiel sculpt (nor Sammael, but that's to be expected). I doubt GW would put soon-to-be-replaced models in such a high profile slot. Don't know how I feel about that; big fan of the originals, but they are just so small!!

Also, for what I suspect is a double page spread (for all factions) showing off 'classic' units, I notice a distinct lack of Chaplains. Could be indicative that new Chaplains (a la the Chaplain squad rumours...) and a new Boss Chaplain (Asmodai/Sapphon depending on what's been decided) are on the way, and GW don't want to show them off too early...?

Personally, I think this indicates that we won't be getting a new Azrael or Ezekiel sculpt (nor Sammael, but that's to be expected). I doubt GW would put soon-to-be-replaced models in such a high profile slot. Don't know how I feel about that; big fan of the originals, but they are just so small!!

Also, for what I suspect is a double page spread (for all factions) showing off 'classic' units, I notice a distinct lack of Chaplains. Could be indicative that new Chaplains (a la the Chaplain squad rumours...) and a new Boss Chaplain (Asmodai/Sapphon depending on what's been decided) are on the way, and GW don't want to show them off too early...?

Nope! What it means is that Azrael and Ezekiel will not get new models, and Chaplains, Interrogator-Chaplains, and Scouts will not even be in Codex: Dark Angels 6E! :P :P

Seriously, you are reading waaay too much into things. This is just a "snapshot" of the Dark Angels. Each army has one in the new rulebook, and not everything is pictured in every army. They don't have room to show every single Dark Angels model, and they don't just want to show every single HQ model either, but they do want to show a good variety of the models/bits that are mostly unique to the Dark Angels (and a few of the more basic models too). What we see are lots of robes, lots of Dark Angels bits, and one uniquely Dark Angels thing too. They could have swapped out a bunch of the models for others and people would still latch on to what isn't pictured, and what that supposedly infers (which is nothing). :D

Also, when they finish putting together the new rulebook 10+ months before there is even a hint of Codex: Dark Angels 6E possibly being released, yes, they will put whatever current models there are in such a "snapshot" page. So, don't take that page as being all too meaningful regarding anything. It is just an overview of the Dark Angels.

Nope! What it means is that Azrael and Ezekiel will not get new models, and Chaplains, Interrogator-Chaplains, and Scouts will not even be in Codex: Dark Angels 6E! :eek :P

Seriously, you are reading waaay too much into things. This is just a "snapshot" of the Dark Angels. Each army has one in the new rulebook, and not everything is pictured in every army. They don't have room to show every single Dark Angels model, and they don't just want to show every single HQ model either, but they do want to show a good variety of the models/bits that are mostly unique to the Dark Angels (and a few of the more basic models too). What we see are lots of robes, lots of Dark Angels bits, and one uniquely Dark Angels thing too. They could have swapped out a bunch of the models for others and people would still latch on to what isn't pictured, and what that supposedly infers (which is nothing). :D

Also, when they finish putting together the new rulebook 10+ months before there is even a hint of Codex: Dark Angels 6E possibly being released, yes, they will put whatever current models there are in such a "snapshot" page. So, don't take that page as being all too meaningful regarding anything. It is just an overview of the Dark Angels.

Agreed, way too much speculation at the moment. I see all this like christmas, even though my personal wish list is a mile high, I am ready for what come and not :cuss about what I don't get! I continue to play codex no matter what our codex becomes, time for the purists to come forth!

Archived