Jink appears to be in 6th ed

lucien

Hi all,

Long time member but infrequent poster. In this months July WD (postal subscriber) alot of staff armies are showcased with what they are looking forward to in 6th. Ben Jeffersons Ravenwing is featured with a comment about the jink special rule giving a 5+ cover save and 4+ if turboboosting or flat out. The article doesn't specify if it is unique to Dark Angels or not but from the way it was written I infer that it is. I like this as it emphasis the elite nature of the Ravenwing in comparison to other bike companies/squads.

The jink save is a sixth edition general rule. i think it may only apply to the land speeders (may be wrong on this). Bear in mind, the white dwarf is all about showcasing the new ruleset, they're hardly going to drop any mention of army specific rules for an unreleased force.

Newest rumor via Faeit 212 and trent:

Jink

All Bikes and Landspeeders DO NOT get the benefit of a 'Jink' save.

Only Dark Angel RAVENWING BIKERS AND LANDSPEEDERS GET THE JINK SAVE!!!

It is a special rule that Ravenwing had in every edition codex until the last one. It looks like with the upcoming 6th Ed FAQ and Codex:Dark Angels they will FINALLY get it back and have an advantage over other bikers again!

This is all the time, even when they don't move flat out. So if Frank Sinatra is sitting in his speeder and someone takes a pot shot at him, he gets a 5+ no matter how far he moved, unless he moved flat out, in which case he gets a 4+. Also, I've heard from a wide variety of people that it's only Ravenwing, especially given that they've had it in most of the other codices, so I'm inclined to believe that.

It is. Dark Angels are not only in the starter set, but are also the first 6th edition codex to be released. You wouldn't release the codex and the edition on the same day, as that wouldn't get you as much profit and hype as releasing them individually. Plus, they'd need to make corrections no matter what. When you have codices back from 4th edition, there's going to be a lot of variance in the rules. If you'll notice, all the 4th ed. codices have Target Priority errataed out.

Well we could have all guessed that one. Which is good, GW is finally moving away from the Ultramarines. I am just hoping for a new Tyranid codex that can compensate for the lack of allies. After all, according to the fluff, they do represent the biggest threat to the galaxy.

Dark Angels are not only in the starter set, but are also the first 6th edition codex to be released.

Were that this were true, but rumor mongers point to Codex: Chaos Space Marines 6E being released first, with only a few giving a prospective date of October for Codex: Dark Angels 6E (which not many, if any, people are backing up). Even those rumors are a bit iffy, as there has not been too much corroboration on them at all, and the track record with regards to the rumor mongers pegging which months will have codex releases this year has been abysmal so far, so I don't put too much stock in anything at this point. Even the more accurate rumor mongers have been completely wrong on many things this year (and last year). An updated FAQ may be tiding the Dark Angels over for longer than we think, though not for too long I hope. Things will change simply due to the basic changes in the game rules. That will just have to be refreshing enough for a while. Among other things, hopefully we will get some Psyker stuff FAQ'd; especially Ezekiel being assigned a Psychic Mastery level of higher than 1. :P

I'm willing to wager that for now, it will only apply to select units.

Probably FAQ'd to include Dark Angels (Speeders and Bikes) and Dark Eldar (Reavers and Hellions)

I'm hoping.

Very Respectfully,

--Unforgiven

I wouldn't get too worked up over this yet until sight of the final rule is made :D.

@ Imperial Deceit

What a pain, the new BRB isn't out and they are already having to make corrections? Fail... How about just releasing a new DA codex? Unless the errata is just a hold over until the new codex are released...

I think you need to see that, like every other edition thus far, new game rules will of course impact on existing Codexes. It's not a fail, it's what happens when the core rules change. Of course there will be erratas to cover this very eventuality. At one time these were rumoured to be in the main rulebook itself but I'm not sure whether that has indeed happened or whether they will be released en masse when 6th is launched.

Cheers

I

Archived