Allies?

Unforgiven2544

Having lookd over all the FAQs, it would appear that my intitial assumption that various "aura rules" (for lack of a better descriptor) would be limited only to the units rom any give model's own codex, was correct. So you cannot abuse Sanguinary Priests, Colonel Straken, or whatever. Now, if the rest of collective fanbase would just unclench....

Except Azrael's 4++ bubble to a guard blob... gonna be one of the first things to try out methinks <_<

Azzy: "Hmm, I am the supreme commander of a Legion famous for standing apart from its allies in the field, leaving campaigns at a moment's notice to the detriment of all Imperials involved and outright refusing to fight alongside abhumans, which compose a decent chunk of Imperial auxiliary. I guess I have no problems mingling with the guardsmen with my relics and pet xenos!" :lol:

So to throw the big question: Why take belial when i can have a GK grand master? Why choose a deathwing terminator squad when you can get paladins? The only saving grace is Thunderhammers but still... So i dont need apparently to convert them but i can use them as is. And why use our tac squads when i can get a GK one which can come at the same points with way better equipment... What codex do we have again? I feel like a goldfish. I knew GK terminators looked too good in bone white and PA squads great in green...

BTW remember that old 3rd edition rule that the DA didnt ally with even imperials if they had mutants in the army? Not xenos or traitors, mutants!!!

And now i can take eldar orks and tau... Aunva bro fists Azrael....

Except Azrael's 4++ bubble to a guard blob... gonna be one of the first things to try out methinks :(

And also zeke's book, Sacred Standard, still all friendly unit within range get fearless.

Since the FAQ out, lots of outdated things in DA army book still exist, like the old fashioned thunderhammer (called daemon hammer for some players).

I think you misinterpreted this sentence. I didn't mean to imply that DA generals would regularly use allies for this purpose. I merely stated that this is one of the few reasons a DA general would consider it. I fully agree that the Divination discipline is one of the best for us. Also, if our Librarians remain at Ld 9, you could see us buying up another Libby to get the boost on casting (assuming that works the same way).

This, i mean why buy a DA libby when i can have a vanilla one with his powers and since he fullfills the HQ mandatory selection a tac squad (for points saving, dont remember but they have to be cheaper so dont beat me)? And then use counts as shenanigans: Well he has a DA shoulder pad but he is an ultramarine really...

Yes and they painted their armor green so to not be made distinct targets....

Except Azrael's 4++ bubble to a guard blob... gonna be one of the first things to try out methinks :(

And also zeke's book, Sacred Standard, still all friendly unit within range get fearless.

OFC since every imperial guardsman ork and necron fight to redeem their honour for their fallen brothers...

Wooooooot??????

Problem with that is your essentially paying the 'tax' I mentioned earlier (for the bare bones Tacticals) simply to get your hands on a Libby. I think one of the key challenges when choosing allies, will be to make each selection truly shine.

TBH I think it will breath some new life in to army list selection, especially considering the number of viable DA lists has been limited up until now.

It's worth mentioning that DW as allies seems to be an interesting choice (although BI makes some good points re: C:GK) as we can throw up to 3 DW squads on the table. Potentially very pricey but a solid choice nonetheless.

R

OFC since every imperial guardsman ork and necron fight to redeem their honour for their fallen brothers...

You're right: not really redeeming honor, but if I was a grunt guardsmen and I saw that guy (Azrael) walking around, I'd probably be inclined to follow him around instead of my incompetent officer... I'd just hope that he'd keep me safe from the commissar lol

Also, as to your earlier point on abhumans with guard: not every guard regiment is tolerant of them either. Last guard codex made Ratlings and Ogryns a doctrine choice to represent the few worlds that were okay with it. That makes me think that DA in general would be more inclined to 'help out' those anti-mutant guard worlds. Bro fisting a Tau/ork is a little off the deep end, imo =)

Problem with that is your essentially paying the 'tax' I mentioned earlier (for the bare bones Tacticals) simply to get your hands on a Libby. I think one of the key challenges when choosing allies, will be to make each selection truly shine.

Not if you plan on taking a tactical squad from the start.You even save points that way.And perhaps gain some utility.

You're right: not really redeeming honor, but if I was a grunt guardsmen and I saw that guy (Azrael) walking around, I'd probably be inclined to follow him around instead of my incompetent officer... I'd just hope that he'd keep me safe from the commissar lol

Or throw to the jaws of hell itself since marines fight the most :D enemies in existence and value human life that much :) .I would take an incompetent officer if i was in 40k tbh. At least a las shot in the head wont be that painful.

Archived