A tale of 20 gamers, a galaxy asunder.

@Mr Malovent hi there, do you think that i could join in with this? See, if i had of found it earlier i would have certainly asked to join. So yeah, do i have your permission to? I would be doing Blood Angels so i will ask Warspirit for permission too. And Rune Priest. So can i? Thanks,

The Emperor

I finally got my tubing/tentacle maker from Green Stuff Industries last night. I placed the order a while ago only to be told after my money was accepted through Paypal that they were sold out and it would take several weeks to stock up again, which was somewhat annoying. I took the offered refund, being a bit wary about the whole thing now, but I got an email a few days ago from the guy who runs the place letting me know he had reserved one for me in the restocks if I was still interested. I submitted payment again and the simple little device was here in 2 days via priority mail.

There has been other life stuff holding me up from progress, but I did make some green stuff tubing of various sizes while I was getting the hang of using the thing. Unfortunately, I can't make the tubing as small as I wanted for the Custodes chest plates and halberds because if the little sausage of green stuff you put between the plates is too small, it doesn't roll properly and gets pressed right into the "teeth" even with a feather touch. Here's a shot of my test figure with the smallest tubing I could comfortably make attached to the chest:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Kageboshi/CustodesConcept2b.jpg

After dinner, I'm going to try for a slight larger size of tubing to fit right beneath the first one.

I know it's not much of an update, but I hope to have more updates very soon.

-BCK

Did you sculpt that helmet yourself? That is really impressive, that is going to be a nice army to face when there done.

Do you mean me?

If so, no, I didn't sculpt it. It's from the Warhammer Fantasy White Lions of Chrace figures, but I did cover up the open face plate on it.

You can see the same helm on the commander in this pic:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1360352a_99120210016_HEWhiteLions1_873x627.jpg

I'm actually using a lot of WHFB parts for these guys. ;)

Just out of interest, how many of us are either getting the new starter set or splitting it with a friend? I am thinking of splitting it with a friend, the chaos to him and the non tactical dark angels converted to thousand sons whilst I convert the tacticals for this. If enough of us are getting the box set, it could be an idea to make the challenge that the submission for september has to be models from the starter set converted/painted appropiatly for your legion. Would anyone be up for it?

Got my salamanders based, just need to tackle that legion symbol (may just do the transfers and wait to try and paint the symbol to another month when I have more time.) Also I have not received any kind of response from FW apart from a "we got your email, wait for a response" email which I got before the silchester :huh: How long do they usually take?

I would love to do that Rune Priest Ridcully but I may be painting the contents as Iron Warriors. I have a foggy memory of Flakmonkey "maybe" saying something about dropping out so I think I would swoop in and grab Iron Warriors and give up Emperors Children to a willing participant (I know... I suck). I'll PM him to be sure. If he is I'll add them in.

@The Emperor 111: Let me know if he is out please so I can swap you in!

@ Brother Chaplain Kage: Amazing job so far mate! I am absolutely loving how your coming along with the Custodes. Cannot wait to see them painted up!

Well I don't know about everyone else but I've just ordered my Dark Vengeance box :D It's a good idea Runepriest but I'm with Mr.Malevolent and painting up my the set as chaos. Don't really want to convert them up as they're so cool!

I think I'll do them as Black Legion... Oooh the prettiness :)

Sounds like a plan to me thanks Kierdale!

ROLL CALL!!!!

All right everyone its time for all involved to proclaim their status before the first deadline (August 31st).

Let me know who is still in and who is out so I can keep the first page roster up to date.

Thanks.

+++Mr.M+++

Brother Chaplain Kage - Adeptus Custodes WIP 3.0/Roll Call

I am still working on these guys, but there's no way I'm going to make the deadline, generous as it was. :devil:

I also have an update!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Kageboshi/CustodesConcept3.jpg

The second row of tubing is done and I got the tassets on there. Apologies for the shine on it, but the putty is still curing and I wanted to get a pic up to show you guys. I'm not sure what I will do for decoration yet, but I'm just glad I got the basic shape done. I tried twice to make the thin arrowhead shape the tassets have in all the art, but I couldn't get it to work(not to mention that it looks ridiculously impractical and would probably do more harm to you than good while trying to fight).

I also got some putty work done on the halberd, but I was too worried about getting fingerprints in the curing putty while taking a pic so I'll have pics once the GS has cured.

Next up is trying to finish off the shoulder pads and making the little connectors for the tubing to the, uh... triangle thing... on the chest.

As for the tubing/tentacle maker, I don't normally like to advertise for people, but I have to say that it's a damn handy tool to have and a great way to make use of extra green stuff after sculpting something.

-BCK

@WarSpirit: Sounds awesome! Glad to see your still in. I have no idea where that idea came from haha

@ThisisJimmy: No worries mate, I'm in the same boat as you. Lots of real life stuff keeping me uber-busy as well. Thankfully we aren't scolding anyone for not posting up work "on time". The deadline is just a guideline to help keep the thread alive for everyone to enjoy. When you get around to showing them some love, post up something to wet our appetites!

Well, I was going to do a test mini for the Iron Warriors, but my heart just isn't in it for those traitors ;) I'll leave them to someone who is more dedicated I think. Still an awesome thread though, and look forward to the progress.

Well, I was going to do a test mini for the Iron Warriors, but my heart just isn't in it for those traitors ;) I'll leave them to someone who is more dedicated I think. Still an awesome thread though, and look forward to the progress.

WHAT?! How dare you impugn the... uhh... honor, integrity, loyalty... cool paint scheme of the Iron Warriors!

Just for that, I'm gonna bust out a Warsmith conversion that I've never posted anywhere before!.

http://i.imgur.com/VIgXJ.jpg

Huh? How about that?

Yeah, that's what I thought!

(If it wasn't obvious, that was all done in jest. What can I say? I'm a fan of the boys in iron.)

Obviously I'm still in :rolleyes: And I might still do the honorary stand in IW just because my beloved IVth legion is not getting the love it deserves ;D And yes I am aware that I am sick and twisted for loving both IF and IW, but all I can say is that I am truly damned ;D

And B.C. Kage, that warsmith is boss! great job man :o Is it based on luccius the eternal??

In other news the land speeder is almost done, and it's mainly detail work left so it'll make an appearance soon('ish) and there's a chaplain on it's way as well as he is having his armour pimped out in sassy colours (no worries, he's black)

Now back to waiting like a mental idiot for that Dark Vengeance box to arrive... gotta be a looooooong week :(

Hey guys. Great work so far. Sorry I haven't been very active recently, rl life got in the way. I decided thos would be the year i dust off my football boots so saturdays have gone from being lazy payinting days to running around a footy pitch. I may struggle to get my first 5 men done on time, is this a problem. I have made a start, (well they are black, not undercoat black but proper black, just need highlights which I'm going to start tonight/tomorrow). I should have the 10 men squad done sometime next month.

Obviously I'm still in :D And I might still do the honorary stand in IW just because my beloved IVth legion is not getting the love it deserves ;D And yes I am aware that I am sick and twisted for loving both IF and IW, but all I can say is that I am truly damned ;D

And B.C. Kage, that warsmith is boss! great job man :( Is it based on luccius the eternal??

No worries, you're not the only one that likes the IW and IF. As for the Warsmith, yes, he is based on Lucius. Back in 2006 when the figure first came out, a friend of mine picked him up but quickly decided he didn't like the figure at all and gave him to me. I wasn't a huge fan of the figure either, but I was just starting to pick up some Chaos stuff here and there for an IW force. He sat on my desk until July 2007 or so when rumors of a new Chaos Codex started up, and it really kicked my imagination into overdrive for my soon-to-be IW army. I didn't know if I'd be able to pull of the conversion, because there was a TON of stuff to cut away and file off - the head being one of the worst parts.

I don't work real fast, and by the time he got to the state you see him in now, the new "Chaos" codex had come out and being thoroughly disgusted by it, I packed up all my IW stuff and put them in the closet. Maybe with this new codex, they might see the light of day again.

nice warboss, so are those trophy tabbards he's wearing? or is he an honorary ultramarine/Imperial Fist?

I think you mean Warsmith, and yes, those are trophies of conquered foes. I didn't want a bunch of spikes and impaled heads for my IW army, so I decided to go with trophies from various armies instead(like his Imperial plasma pistol). It's also not a coincidence that the burned remnant of an IF banner/flag/whatever is on his butt. *cough*

@War spirit i was kinda asking could i do Blood Angels WITH YOU. As in that BOTH of US doing Blood Angels. Of course, you don't have too say yes, but it is your choice. Sorry for the trouble caused by me ;) ;) :) :ermm: :o

The Emperor

Well first you should ask Rune Priest since he started te thread, but the principle behind it if i'm wrong (wich i doubt) was first to come and pick first to grab. If the legion you wanted was picked pick another until there's no more left. Sorry if you saw the thread late but that was part of the idea behind it. So yeah i'm kind of opposed to you making BA too, but if Rune Priest allows it i won't argue.

Archived