A tale of 20 gamers, a galaxy asunder.

Night Hunters Post 2 - WIP Alpha Legionnaire

Right, have spent a happy morning using brother alpharius as paint tester.

gallery_42238_7423_121853.jpg

gallery_42238_7423_42331.jpg

gallery_42238_7423_105892.jpg

Some bits I like.

Others not so much. Notable the metalics,

Used some new "leadbelcher" and have come to hate it.

Anywho, interesting and informative test mini so now we wait for numerous purchases to arrive.

I mean no disrespect, but as far as I know, the corvus parttern armor wasnt available to the legions befor the heresy. It was produced to the loyalist legions durin the heresy and thus an alpha legion spacemarine would have acces to such armor. Your marine here seems to be inpossesion of a corvus helmet :cuss

Just a note.

Great Iron Hands Huberticus, loving the dreads in particular, really think I need to get me a contemptor before this is over....

And regards your "Valthex" I would have to say axe, seems all Techmarines favour the axe over the sword looking at the GW line up.

King Cuttuck: yup, sure is rocking the mark VI (and hair for that matter). As discussed earlier in the thread, fluff wise he is one of the operatives to return from deliverance, in short, he nabbed it from the XIX Legion the cheeky little monkey :cuss

HD

The biggest grip for me with the HH is for some reason they didn't include up to the Mk 6 before the Heresy started. Sure it was new armor, but it was available especially to the legions that turned traitor as they where by far the best resupplied and equipped. from the early days of fluff i remember the mark 5 as a stop gap because parts for the Mk6 and Mk 4 dried up and marines literally scavenged anything that could be used from the dead. replacing a chapters armor would be difficult, replacing massive logistical losses for a legion would be impossible with out do that because of the war causing huge losses.For every marine lost, that means some poor power armor was getting holed, blasted/torn apart. Deliverance Lost hinted at this, but by then the ground work had already been laid and to late to be changed. For me anyone that has HH marines with mk 6 armor have marines that are just lucky enough to have them before supply dried up. :lol: Hence why my marines have a lot of Mk6 armor, not that any of them were lucky in any fashion of the term. :blush:

Edit: Also for me those nice shiny new armors the Loyalists got defending Terra was Mk7. ;)

Great Iron Hands Huberticus, loving the dreads in particular, really think I need to get me a contemptor before this is over....

And regards your "Valthex" I would have to say axe, seems all Techmarines favour the axe over the sword looking at the GW line up.

King Cuttuck: yup, sure is rocking the mark VI (and hair for that matter). As discussed earlier in the thread, fluff wise he is one of the operatives to return from deliverance, in short, he nabbed it from the XIX Legion the cheeky little monkey ;)

HD

Ahh fantastic. Just me being slow then ^^

gj!

I mean no disrespect, but as far as I know, the corvus parttern armor wasnt available to the legions befor the heresy. It was produced to the loyalist legions durin the heresy and thus an alpha legion spacemarine would have acces to such armor. Your marine here seems to be inpossesion of a corvus helmet :huh:

Just a note.

Corvus legs too., still it's a cool mini and maybe a few suits were stolen as part of the alpha legions mission on deliverance?

The biggest grip for me with the HH is for some reason they didn't include up to the Mk 6 before the Heresy started. Sure it was new armor, but it was available especially to the legions that turned traitor as they where by far the best resupplied and equipped. from the early days of fluff i remember the mark 5 as a stop gap because parts for the Mk6 and Mk 4 dried up and marines literally scavenged anything that could be used from the dead. replacing a chapters armor would be difficult, replacing massive logistical losses for a legion would be impossible with out do that because of the war causing huge losses.For every marine lost, that means some poor power armor was getting holed, blasted/torn apart. Deliverance Lost hinted at this, but by then the ground work had already been laid and to late to be changed. For me anyone that has HH marines with mk 6 armor have marines that are just lucky enough to have them before supply dried up. smile.gif Hence why my marines have a lot of Mk6 armor, not that any of them were lucky in any fashion of the term. laugh.gif

Edit: Also for me those nice shiny new armors the Loyalists got defending Terra was Mk7. msn-wink.gif

technically no, the mk6 was apparently tested specifically by the Raven Guard, but was not in production till shortly after Istavan V. The armour was apparently named Corvus armour to honour Corax for choosing to continue fighting as well as a way to pay respect to the raven guard for the testing of the armour (and the losses they suffered while testing the suits).... and also because the armour had a beak :o

So.... traitor legions shouldn't have many suits as mk6 wasn't in production till after horus' treachery was well known.

Damn I am going to have to have a piece of that! I know I am going to end up buying all the primarchs now if there that good. Damn im going to be skint.

Too long since I have commented on this thread. Everything I am seeing is amazing. Keep it up guys.

Here's a little group shot of the finished, and almost finished stuff for the army.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Pre-heresy%20Imperial%20Fists/IFgroupshot_zps1ddef47b.jpg

Forge World is hell bent on ruining my economy... Luckily I like, no I LOVE resin, so at least I'll be happy, hungry but happy XD

Re: MKVI - In "Deliverance Lost" it's mentioned that although the bulk of the testing of the initial MKVI suits (before they were given an official MK) was done by the Raven Guard, other Legions did it too. There's PLENTY of art work showing traitor legions in MKVI plate. Other 'sneaky' Legions that would likely have been chosen as good candidates for testing would have been Night Lords and Alpha Legion. Perhaps Horus told them not to give their suits back to the Mechanicum for evaluation. :lol:

ThisisJimmy - White Scars WIP Post 4

Wow, boy is this late. Just want to apologize for the delay in images, took a real hit over the past month and a bit and haven't been able to do as much as I wanted to. I have managed to knock out the remainder of the demi-squad so here they are for your judgement.

gallery_64426_7455_34666.jpg

Here is the motley crew nice and finished. Finally.

gallery_64426_7455_48626.jpg

The sergeant in all his glory. Changed up the sword and shield since last I showed the WIP pictures.

gallery_64426_7455_31130.jpg

Helmet-less bolter dude. Aimed for some facial scars and I'm quite happy with how they turned out.

gallery_64426_7455_7854.jpg
gallery_64426_7455_32131.jpg

Well that's what I've got in the finished department. I've also got a WIP Stormseer.

gallery_64426_7455_47404.jpg

Any comments and criticism would be fantastic. I should be able to knock this one out before the end of the month.

Oh, I've also been working on an idea for a sort of Brotherhood champion. It's based loosely around the historical Kheshig, who, from what I can tell, are the honour guard for the rulers and commanders of the Mongols. There will be a few changes in their role with my guys, but I like the idea of a unique honour guard formation. Anyway, I've been working on the idea of having one armed with a pair Khukuris, a Nepalese knife. I've got a WIP for the blade itself:
gallery_64426_7455_9835.jpg

The chainsword is there for scale purposes. So I was after some criticism on the blade; I'm particularly interested in size, I don't want them too big, but not so small that they don't look threatening.

Anyway, that's what I've got. I do apologize again for the delay, but any comments and criticisms you've got for me would be greatly appreciated.

Those White Scars are so cool. My only crit would be the white lacks a bit of depth in some places, though not too sure how one could do that. Really like the Storm Seer, and will look forward to the completion.

I second the above statement. Lookng forward to your next update Jimmy :(

Ludovic

Looking good guys :up:

Always enjoy looking at the updates :yes:

Huberticus, X Legion, Post 3/4

On the advice of NightHunters, I gave the near Iron Father an axe; I have to say I quite like it. Until/if FW release a Heresy-period techmarine character (IH or not), I think he's going to be my warlord.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l545/Huberticus66/P1011834_zpsa6a71610.jpg

A small amount of details left to do (the metal-work isn't nearly shiny enough :lol:) but I thought I'd post my nameless character. I'm trying to find an Iron-Handsy way to incorperate my name/B&C name into it.

Also coming up will be a sternguard unit in MK3 armour. Can anyone suggest any weapons for them? I honestly don't know what's considered useful these days (yet to play 6th ed yet!) I was thinking of combi-flamers and a multi-melta/plasma cannon.

Cheers!

ThisIsJimmy, nice work on those Scars!

I think the khukri looks good. Good angle and, as you say, any smaller and it would look a bit weedy.

Huberticus, lovely Iron Father. The axe really looks the part.

Where are the Sons of the Crimson King? :yes:

I mean no disrespect, but as far as I know, the corvus parttern armor wasnt available to the legions befor the heresy. It was produced to the loyalist legions durin the heresy and thus an alpha legion spacemarine would have acces to such armor. Your marine here seems to be inpossesion of a corvus helmet :D

Just a note.

Corvus legs too., still it's a cool mini and maybe a few suits were stolen as part of the alpha legions mission on deliverance?

The biggest grip for me with the HH is for some reason they didn't include up to the Mk 6 before the Heresy started. Sure it was new armor, but it was available especially to the legions that turned traitor as they where by far the best resupplied and equipped. from the early days of fluff i remember the mark 5 as a stop gap because parts for the Mk6 and Mk 4 dried up and marines literally scavenged anything that could be used from the dead. replacing a chapters armor would be difficult, replacing massive logistical losses for a legion would be impossible with out do that because of the war causing huge losses.For every marine lost, that means some poor power armor was getting holed, blasted/torn apart. Deliverance Lost hinted at this, but by then the ground work had already been laid and to late to be changed. For me anyone that has HH marines with mk 6 armor have marines that are just lucky enough to have them before supply dried up. smile.gif Hence why my marines have a lot of Mk6 armor, not that any of them were lucky in any fashion of the term. laugh.gif

Edit: Also for me those nice shiny new armors the Loyalists got defending Terra was Mk7. msn-wink.gif

technically no, the mk6 was apparently tested specifically by the Raven Guard, but was not in production till shortly after Istavan V. The armour was apparently named Corvus armour to honour Corax for choosing to continue fighting as well as a way to pay respect to the raven guard for the testing of the armour (and the losses they suffered while testing the suits).... and also because the armour had a beak :)

So.... traitor legions shouldn't have many suits as mk6 wasn't in production till after horus' treachery was well known.

I am going off the old Fluff not the BL books. RT and 2nd edition had no problem with HH marines wearing MK6. Hence why you see marines wearing Mk6 in HH: Collected Visions:)

Those white scars look PIMP!!!

Thanks for the comments everyone :o

@Brother Syth - Cheers for the words mate, I do understand what you're saying about the white, but it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as in real life; the pictures really washed out unfortunately. I'm definitely new to the whole picture taking business.

@Battle-Brother Ludovic - Cheers mate, I'll get cracking on my Stormseer for you then!

@NightHunters - Thanks for the words. The issue I have with it being bigger is that a khukuri is a knife; albeit a large knife. Any large than that and it looks more like weirdly shaped sword, rather than what I intended for it. And the shape was a true pain to get right, a lot of trial and error was involved in its creation.

@Kierdale - Thanks mate, much appreciated.

@Huberticus - Lovely stuff you've got going there. I think that cogged-axe looks fantastic and it was nice work converting up Valthex as an IH.

Demi-squad Xephedon, 3rd squad 7th company 17th chapter, Sons of Horus Legion.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/Sheep_06/Sons%20of%20Horus/IMG_0923_zps173870e5.jpg

As you can see I am continuing with the battle worn beaten to hell look of the marines,and persevering with the sea green scheme because I think the official FW scheme looks like :cuss.

Cant wait for the new FW goodies!

Those White Scars...you've captured the look of those perfectly. I'm honoured to have my Sosn of Tyr descend from them :D

And the Sons of Horus are brilliant. Love that weathered, veteran-of-a-thousand-campaigns look. Wish I could replicate it! Big fan of the Iron Father as well :D

Demi-squad Xephedon, 3rd squad 7th company 17th chapter, Sons of Horus Legion.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/Sheep_06/Sons%20of%20Horus/IMG_0923_zps173870e5.jpg

As you can see I am continuing with the battle worn beaten to hell look of the marines,and persevering with the sea green scheme because I think the official FW scheme looks like :D.

Cant wait for the new FW goodies!

Love it. Every single bit.

Archived