A tale of 20 gamers, a galaxy asunder.

Wow, great work guys!

Gawain Veteris: Those ultras are fantastic, and that I do not say often about the boys in blue. Great hazard stripes and the osl looks pretty good IMO!

RPR: Looking good man, the arm defo needed chopping but should look good! I also like the wings, nice idea with the "eye" as well!

Sheep: Epic. Nuff said really brother!

Hope to start work on the next batch of alphas soon, until then

Hydra Dominatus brothers and keep up the good work!

Will see if any of the freshers collect grey knights :D Off to give BFG intro games :)

Edit: it seems I will not be able to finish painting the squad or tha captain or any salamanders for a while as the best match up for snot green is a paint that my lgs will have to order in and due to cash flow problems they can't order it in till November :( have thought about trying whatever the new GW paint equilivent is, but if it is as accurate as some of their other "matches" then the five men I have already finished will stick out like a sore thumb. Could try maelstrom, how good are they on vanjello paints?

ThisisJimmy - White Scars WIP Post 5

Well the Stormseer is done, finally. I'm not going to lie, this guy was really hard to paint, it seemed that every little bit was a struggle. But even after all that, I'm actually pleased by how he turned out. His backpack, which wasn't in my last WIP pictures I am particularly proud of the conversion work as well as the paint job. Well enough words, here he is:

gallery_64426_7455_49120.jpg

In other news I've managed to finish the second khukuri; now it's just time to make the model to carry them. I've got an idea of how to make him, so I'm fairly excited about making him up. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but he's going to end up being the personal champion of the Brotherhood's khan. All this HH stuff from FW is definitely very exciting. I have held off purchasing Betrayal as I'm waiting for the re-release of the standard kits and all the new kits. For me it's better to get stuff in bulk so that postage doesn't hit too hard.

Anyway, everybody has been putting up some great stuff so far, it's nice to see that this thread still has legs.

That Stormseer looks great Jimmy :) And which cloak have you used? Is it the one from the White Scar's Master of the Hunt (forget his name) but altered in shape with hot water?

Cheers,

Ludovic

ThisisJimmy - White Scars WIP Post 6

Well I've got the itch to build so managed to knock the other half of my WIP squad. They're not quite done though, a fair amount of greenstuff work is required before they can be painted. I would have done it before showing them off but I seem to have completely run out of greenstuff. So while I wait for the order I put in to come through, I figured I'd show off what I have done in the meantime.

gallery_64426_7455_15925.jpg

Nothing particularly interesting with this group. A few conversions here and there, notably the kneeling headless dude and knife man. The MkIII marine has also been made to look as though he is in a bit more of an action pose using hot water. They're also lacking any form of accoutrements, due to the whole "lack of greenstuff" issue.

gallery_64426_7455_77561.jpg

This guy I was particularly proud of, so I figured I'd show off what I had done. He was sort of a spur of the moment build and is looking a bit rough at the moment, so hopefully I can fix him up.

Well that's what I've got at the moment, hope you like the pictures, and any C&C would be much appreciated.

This guy I was particularly proud of, so I figured I'd show off what I had done. He was sort of a spur of the moment build and is looking a bit rough at the moment, so hopefully I can fix him up.

You should be proud of him, he's excellent :ph34r:

Ludovic

I was trying to figure out how you created the Stormseer when I realized the basis of the model was very familiar. Excellent conversion work and an even better paint job. I think it's a sign that you've done something special when the model looks factory.

Also, the Tacticals are nice - especially the kneeling Marine conversion. Keep it up, man. You're doing great!

Wip update for my EC devastator Squad. Only 9 models because i already have a Vet Serg model for them. I just need to make that models Purple Metallic also and touch him up and he will fit in just fine. Im hoping to have this squad done in the next few days. After this back to Deathguard and finish off my Sternguard and Thunderfire cannon/Techmarine. Cheers!

http://cdn1.share.slickpic.com/u/StephenHarris/_201208051458/org/IMG_5030/web.jpghttp://cdn1.share.slickpic.com/u/StephenHarris/_201208051458/org/IMG_5032/web.jpghttp://cdn1.share.slickpic.com/u/StephenHarris/_201208051458/org/IMG_5034/web.jpg

Love all the work being done here. Those SoH are breath taking and I spent at least 10 minutes staring at that Contemptor... Is anyone working on Dark Angels and Word Bearers? I wanted to see a few pictures of them, but couldn't find them anywhere in the forum. Also, are any of the Legions still open by any chance? I would love to join as pretty much any legion there is!

Wow, everything is looking really good. Mordent Hex, I don't suppose you work for GW? There is a noise marinein the new chaos codex that is painted in a metallic purple very similar to yours. (Weird how Thousand sons, Alpha legion and Emperors Children seem to have some of the best painted models in the codex.)

I agree on the Stormseer, though I am suprised no one has mentioned the face already, it's really good.

RPR: that looks alot better since you changed it, nice conversion ;)

Jimmy: great minds think alike, I've done a lefty too, they are really hard! Well done on those conversions.

Mordent Hex: EC's look great mate, I think you may have gone alittle heavy on the glow from the eyes, but I'm sure it looks great on the table :P

Latest recruits for the SoH. Completed the tac squad and their ride

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/Sheep_06/Sons%20of%20Horus/IMG_0977.jpg

Obviously running a missile launcher and plasma gun gives the squad alot of versatility on the table and helps with those pesky terminators in 6th.

Next is their ride.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/Sheep_06/Sons%20of%20Horus/IMG_0980.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/Sheep_06/Sons%20of%20Horus/IMG_0982.jpg

I used the deathwind launcher from the drop pod kit as a pre chaos havoc launcher, I think it look pretty brutal and alot better then the chaos dildo launcher.

and a final group shot of all the SoH model completed so far:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/Sheep_06/Sons%20of%20Horus/IMG_0993.jpg

Archived