A tale of 20 gamers, a galaxy asunder.

First, wow everyone! Shame I missed out on yet another Tale, but ah well, I've got a tale of my own to prepare :P

There was a pic where Ahriman and a squad of marines from the legion were at a meeting of the traitors, and their armour was changing from red to blue, the blue almost seemed to be creeping over them, and it wuld be interesting to see someone to do that, I know I couldn't.

Could you tell me what pic that was, and where it was from? :)

And finally the veteran sergeant for a 10 man squad under construction.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee354/SteffenSJensen/Pre-heresy%20Imperial%20Fists/VETSERGEANT.jpg

There are much more on the workbench, but it is not in a state to show off yet.

Where does that axe come from fine sir?

In fact, where do all those pieces come from? Is it Red Scorpion stuff?

Hehe the basic model itself is a metal veteran from around 4th edition I think, the one with the power mace, I don't think he's on the GW website any more :) His helmet is from the Ivanus Enkomi model with the skull part sculpted over, his plasma pistol is from Sicarius on the arm from the fw sm tank crew (the one originally holding the scope) the shoulder pad is from severin loth's bodyguard along with the strap loincloth thingie. The axe is the shaft and hand of the models original power mace with a chaos power axe from 2nd edition cut to fit the top. the minotaur skull is from the Ivanus Enkomi models crozius arcanum the backpack is just a fw mk II/III one. the purity seals are various fw ones and the imperial fists icon on his shoulder pad is from the IF brass etch... That's about it :)

Night Hunters Post 1 - WIP Alpha Legionnaire

Alrighty then, as promised got the build of the first Alpha underway, using the cover of Legion as a guide on colour. Now to me that looks like a metallic base colour with only the shoulder pads, chest and grieves painted the legion dark purply blue with the green markings.

Not a colour combination I have seen used before but looking forward to giving it a go!

Anywho, here are the first images of operative Alpharius :D

gallery_42238_7423_110229.jpg

gallery_42238_7423_134666.jpg

So working with limited resources, appreciate Mk6 is a bit late but passable. Still waiting on some PH bolter goodness for his right fist.

Cheers all.

First, wow everyone! Shame I missed out on yet another Tale, but ah well, I've got a tale of my own to prepare :tu:

There was a pic where Ahriman and a squad of marines from the legion were at a meeting of the traitors, and their armour was changing from red to blue, the blue almost seemed to be creeping over them, and it wuld be interesting to see someone to do that, I know I couldn't.

Could you tell me what pic that was, and where it was from? :)

It's in the collected visions, can't look it up at the moment as I got home from uni yesterday to find my room full of stuff that had been moved in there when the boiler broke :( also preventing me from doing anything hoobywise as well :(

However I have a problem, I have a really great idea for my HQ model, only problem. He is a librarian, and this is post Nikea. I am thinking of saying he used his powers to survive isstvan and protect/save some of his brothers, and as the salamanders are practical and noticed the effect pyskers have on daemons, they are kinda allowing the librarians to use their powers, would probably model him in regular Salamander battle plate plus hood with perhaps grey/ash colored robes.

Does this sound plausible? i do have plans for a captain model and am thinking of possible having a go at revamping the Chaplain xavier model. (I love it, but he is so small and skinny compared to modern marines it ain't funny, could use him as an inquisitor from noctrune/Prometheus in a inquisitorial army?).

Nice alpha legionnaire Night Haunters, am considering a similar technique using terminator parts for Vulcan.

So working with limited resources, appreciate Mk6 is a bit late but passable.

Well, I would say im in the same situation, I do have enough to make a few squads pure mk III and IV the rest will be modified the best I can. The helmets justifiable I think. I would imagine with operations going on between the Raven Guard and the Alpha Legion they had to have access to simliar armor Mk's to pull off what they tried in Deliverance right? Just my thoughts.

Very nice start btw, Legion was always my favorite cover.

Dude, NightHunters, your AL operative looks snazzy. Rustles my jimmies to see that he has a mk6 helm, clearly stolen from the XIX stores on Deliverance. Be assured the Ravens are watching you. ;)

@The Damned Artificer: Man your models are suitably drool worthy, and i'm happy to see the inspirational post as well.

Can't wait to see more from you fine fellows, and cant wait to introduce some Raven flavored goodness!

Awesome Alpha Legionnaire NightHunters!

@Rune Priest Ridcully: See thats the hole in the background they haven't covered in the BL novels yet and I hope they do very soon. I would say go with the idea you presented. Again its a very integral part of the story they really need to cover.

Built my first 5 Marines of my first Tactical Squad (10 in total).

Will have some pics up tomorrow.

In the vein of inspirational artwork, you should check out Brother Melice's stuff here on the B&C: Visions of the Melice

I don't want to drop in any of his stuff without permission, many of the pics in there being commissions for other members, but there is a fair amount of pre-heresy stuff, including an awesome painting of Garro.

I can, however, include the commission he did for me: "Brother-Chaplain Kage of the Imperial Fists"

http://i.imgur.com/mlecf.jpg

You may notice my avatar is a very cropped detail of this... alas, I could not fit all this uberness into the tiny size required of the avatar pics. Should you want a commission, I can tell you he is a great guy who will really work with you, and will go the extra mile.

Just had a random thought whilst modelling, we could make it the tale of 20 gamers if someone wants to do custodes or sisters of silence, and with the allies rules being adds to 6th, it could be a way for those with existing PH/HH forces to get involved....

melice's Garro has made me decide to do a captain/chapter master in MK IV plate with a command squad/Honour Guard in MK VI plate, will still do the librarian and the chaplain/xavier update, but I really like the idea of the captain/master with his select bodyguard in armour that is just as much art as protection, flinging greandes and swinging spears, hammers and great swords around, cloaks flying in the wind, not sure about giving them storm shields or combi weapons though.

That is such nice artwork though, am hoping he does a Vulcan I could try and use as a base for him, an almost blank slate is nice, but I'm not entirely sure about weapons ect :lol:

In the vein of inspirational artwork, you should check out Brother Melice's stuff here on the B&C: Visions of the Melice

I don't want to drop in any of his stuff without permission, many of the pics in there being commissions for other members, but there is a fair amount of pre-heresy stuff, including an awesome painting of Garro.

Oh yeah Brother Melice is a superb artist.

I would love to commission him to make a pic of Fulgrim.

I know he would just knock it out of the park for sure.

I myself can confirm Melice's awesome talent. Here's a commission he did for me a while back, for my Marines Malevolent:

Hero-Captain Valus Anicetus.

gallery_52083_5475_97745.jpg

Melice himself is a great guy, it was a joy to see my captain come alive. I'd highly suggest his work.

Brother Sheep may be on to something there, I vote "Aye" on the Sisters of Silence and Custodes being opened up, I know Heathens is keen to get involved in this :D

And yeah, melice rocks the proverbial out of whatever he puts his pens/pencils anything else art related to!

Hmmm I guess we could open it up for Custodes and Sisters of Silence.

The OP Rune Priest Ridcully would have to change the blog name from 18 to 20 and would have to see if he's ok with it.

Rune Priest?

Other then that I would love to see Heathens chose either one!

That's fine, how would I change the title?

Does anyone know how to strip fw stuff? Moved some of the stuff in my room, so could check some of my bits boxes and checked the shed and I have found:

1 forge world venerable mk IV Dread, badly painted

about 10, possibly more marines from an earlier salamander force from years ago, an attempted Pre heresy salamander squad that have the right armour types to be stripped and repainted for this force.

Some thunder hammer/storm shield terminators, that could be stripped, modified and repainted.

Possibly some of my space wolves (have been thinking of reusing/selling some of them, would keep a core, they were my first army after all).

Gods only know what else I might find in that shed, it's packed with various stuff (mostly 40k/modelling related, included a gaming board, that is motly cluttered now) and my best friend reckons any attempt to sort it would unleash daemons and monsters upon the earth:P

Am thinking a Chapter master with relic blade, combi plasmamelta and Artificer armour and 5+ honour guard with a mixture or relic blades and thunder hammers and aux grenade launchers, shame they cannot take shields as shields and relic spears would look cool any thoughts? Could a captain and command squad be better? honour guard would be in a drop pod whilst command squad would possibly have a plasma cannon/multie melta.

Would look brilliant if I could pull it off

That's fine, how would I change the title?

Does anyone know how to strip fw stuff?

1) You just hit the Edit icon on your first post, then click Full Edit and you can change the title.

2) I've had a lot of luck with using Simple Green for stripping my FW stuff. You can't leave them in for more then 30-40 minutes or they'll get a little bendy. Though paint just falls right off FW stuff in Simple Green. If you can find something similar to that it would probably work. I don't know the equivalent to Simple Green in the UK....

If you use the Full Edit option on the first post, you can change the title and subtitle.

Simple Green will strip FW resin just fine.

*edit*

That's what I get for not refreshing the screen after being called away for several minutes, lol

Title changed, glad this a power armour only thread, dread to think the numbers it could reach then :D

Have also come up with a 600pts list which may be what I may to have by the end of october, time considering:

Librarian with storm bolter 103pts

Tactical squad A: 10 marines, melta gun, multie melta, power fist and combi melta 210pts

Tactical squad B:10 marines, melta gun, multie melta, power weapon and plasma pistol 205pts

Land speeder with 2 multie meltas 80pts

Army total 598pts

My uni gaming club has stated experimenting with doing games of 4-6 player melees where each player has 600pts, with some house rules, meaning I can take my time with painting and conversions, yet still have a playable force relatively quickly. I have two of the old metal land speeders, one which is unpainted.

Alongside this, I may start work on vulkan :cuss

So who is taking the custodes and sisters? which rules are they using for them? Will be nice to see them done well.

Archived