A tale of 20 gamers, a galaxy asunder.

Absolutely great work so far guys :lol:

I'll start posting my current work once my camera stops playing up, should be sorted by tomorrow night/Wednesday.

So, I'll start off with my introduction post-

Huberticus, X Legion, Post 1 - Glory to the Sons of Manus!

Well, I'm just be re-starting my Heresy Iron Hands force - set in the months following Isstvaan V, it follows the survivors of Clan Sorrogol's veterans - either the wounded who were evacuated and managed to escape, or just the members who never reached the dropsite in the first place.

In the days following the massacre, the survivors found themselves stuck in a hard place - their primarch was dead, and they were in the situation of not knowing whether the remaining 90% of their legion was on the other half of the galaxy - or dead. Rather than face the inevitable accusations of failure and weakness, it was decided that by the surviving hierarchy of the Clan, they would take to fighting a miniature crusade - no real aims, other than to punish the heretics, potentially try and reach Terra - but, they know that their cause is doomed. They're down but not out. They have taken one hell of a kicking - but whilst they still stand, they can still kick back. But with backs against the wall, there ain't no help - and the cavalry is staying home.

The structure of my force is based on two sources; IA:10 (Sons of Medusa) and Wrath of Iron with the Clave structure. The force is lead by the Clan chamber, which takes elements of the command, armoury, medicae and librarium staff.

- Clave Ferrum - the armoury staff,vehicle crews, dreadnoughts (later forming their own Chamber of the Ancients)

- Clave *Latin sounding word related to medicine* - the Apothicarium

- Clave Seniorum - The veterans and command staff

- Clave *again I'm not sure of a suitable faux-Latin word for the non-veterans* - 'regular' battle brothers, further broken down into devastator, tactical and assault

Colour scheme - whilst I don't want to go too elaborate or decorated - I want to avoid all of them looking exactly the same like my old post-heresy IH, who were all identical and bland. So, I'm modifying the colour scheme. Generally black armour with white weaponry.

The armoury will have red helmets, shoulder pads and gubbins (more red = more senior)

Apothicarium will be the same as above, only with white

Veterans will incorperate more silver and polished metal

Predominantly MK3 armour with M2, and a small ammount of MK4 mixed in.

Armour support - I'm not intending to go for anything heavier than dreadnoughts, but that may change as time goes on (so for the moment, my marines are hoofing it!) I do have a MKII-B landraider, but I'm not really sure how to link it in with my force.

And to finish - here's a photo of my current contemptor Venerable brother Ferrox (NOT the dreadnought I'm working on)

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz286/huberticus/P1011806-5.jpg

Cheers guys

** - if anyone has suggestions for faux-latin names for the claves, I'm all ears

Here's some ideas for your clave names, using (i think) correct latin words and applying your naming convention so far.

Regular troopers (regular, ordinary etc)

Clave Mediusum (from medius)

Clave Conmunium (from conmunis)

Clave Mediorium (from mediocris)

Clave Assidum/Adsisum (from assiduss/adsisuus)

Clave Contidiaum (from contidianum)

Apothecarium (medical, treatment, healing etc)

Clave Medicum (from medicum)

Clave Medicinum (from medicina)

Clave Curatium (from curatio)

Clave Remedium (from remedium)

Clave Medicamentum (from medicamentum)

Clave Panaceum (from panacea - a plant meant to cure anything)

FlakMonkey, Post 1 - WIP Iron Warriors

hey guys. while waiting for my stuff to come i raided my bits and put this guy together as a sort of "test" model
lemme know what you think, hes obviously not finished yet.

got some mkIII and IV marines in the post, just waiting for it.

anyways on to the pics

med_gallery_67114_7446_1292177.jpg

med_gallery_67114_7446_53673.jpg

med_gallery_67114_7446_1281201.jpg

As a huge fan(and collector) of both Iron Warriors and Iron Hands I will be following you two extra closely :P

FlakMonkey:

That test marine looks great, I would maybe do the bionics in gold/brass or copper/bronze to make them stand out more as they will blend in a lot if just left silver which is a real shame :yes: alternatively you could pick out detail in other metallic colours if you think all gold etc. would look too out of place :lol:

Huberticus:

Awesome looking contemptor you've got there, I'd suggest going over the highlights and touch the edges up with some black to make them more straight and less thick as that would really do wonders for the models profile as a whole as black power armour really benefits from it's sharp angles :D And a cool theme for the army as well, such a shame what happened to Ferrus as he is definitely one of my favourite primarchs :blink: So make sure to give your IH a lot of grizly purple trophies ;D

Night Hunters Post 3 - more WIP Alpha Legionnaires

Lovely marine FlakMonkey, if the rest look like that, well that would just be mega! (As long as you drill the barrels :lol: ), like TDA's idea on the bionics as well though,,

But on to todays works, the first bits arrived in the post allowing me to commence work on operatives Alpharius, Alpharius and, well, you get the idea :)

Whilst I am being a bit naughty with the Mk6 legs on this squad, all the others will be Mk4's. The legion was almost exclusively equipped with this Mk before the heresy so seems the way to go, also why I am using some Mk4 helmets on the rest of the squad to blend them in.

gallery_42238_7423_119784.jpg
gallery_42238_7423_34056.jpg
gallery_42238_7423_118217.jpg
gallery_42238_7423_107943.jpg

All will use the same chest plate though and have got my hands on some PH backpacks too so the squad will have good cohesion, thinking I might retcon them a little down a more SF route with chest webbing etc but not sure yet, oh the fun to come!!!

Things appear to be moving fast here, recap

Damned Artificer

Mr. Malevolent and Death Guard Trooper I love your models so far! Keep up the good work and you guys should make respectively a Nathanial Garro and Saul Tarvits with their inscribed eagles on their vambraces

Agreed, kinda like a 40k version of a BFF necklace right hahaha I'm game to give it a shot. I'd like to do Garro and his command squad, before the end also a Mortarion. Ill have to take some time doing him the honor of making him look good though.

NightHunters

DGT: great use of that Chapie, I know it's been mentioned before but had to mention it again. Nice clean white as well. But slow down brother, your making me look bad

Thanks! I had the advantage of having just got a FW order come in to be the vets of my army, now I had to order more and focus on getting them rolling first.

Just checked out the new post, ive done the same, I got 20 MK IV helmets enroute from across the planet and ill modify the plastics I have on hand to be suitable for crusade era, (I hope)

Anyway working on Bravo team now, should have pics up tonight.

Damned Artificer
Mr. Malevolent and Death Guard Trooper I love your models so far! Keep up the good work and you guys should make respectively a Nathanial Garro and Saul Tarvits with their inscribed eagles on their vambraces

Agreed, kinda like a 40k version of a BFF necklace right hahaha I'm game to give it a shot. I'd like to do Garro and his command squad, before the end also a Mortarion. Ill have to take some time doing him the honor of making him look good though.

That would be amazing!

I'll have to make a Saul Tarvits now.

@Huberticus: That Contemptor is sick! Love that the (?)Emperors Children(?) Marine is desperately reaching for his Melta Gun.

@Flakmonkey: Awesome job so far! Great use of the Necron appendage!

@NightHunters: Yes! More Alpha Legion! Looking great so far.

Awesome job so far guys.

And we aren't even near the first deadline.... this is definitely going to be epic!

We're all going to have to buy new army cases for these, aren't we? :)

Got My FW order this morning, so Sargent Tel'vrak and 4 marines should be done tomorrow, would have hoped to have finished them tonight, but between other stuff and the fact that FW new resin or techniq is worse then the old one. Swear it took 10-20 extra minuets per marine just on clean up, and the fact the shoulder pads have for the second set have loads of tiny holes on the outside (the first set had them, fortunately on the inside) I am thinking of possibly calling FW, I could easily fill them with green stuff, but when I remeber a mk III armour box I got almost two years ago was perfect and £3 cheaper.)

Wow, the awesomeness on this page alone is almost too much :P Must resist urge to experiment with true scale, must resist, I've already started the salamanders :P Shall hopefully post progress tomorrow.

Brothers, this thread is amazing. So much good stuff going on. That said I am going to have to humbly and heartachingly drop out due to a number of personal problems which reared their ugly heads unexpectedly. I really wish I could commit but my funds will be next to nothing for probably the next 6 months. I hope somebody can pick up where I left off and id love to contribute with C+C along with advice, I just can't contribute physically. I hope I haven't let anyone down. :RTBBB:.

*patiently waits for White Scars....* (no offence, Jimmy, lol)

How's that for a show of confidence! Given the quality of your work there mate, I would love to see what you come up with for the sons of the Khan. Chances are they are going to my work to shame.

Lol, like I said, no offence mate, just itching to paint white, now that I figured out a good method. Either Luna Wolves or White Scars.

None taken mate, none taken :) . I think we're share the same reason looking at White Scars, I too have just discovered a neat way to paint white armour. Plus I wanted to give them some much needed Pre-Heresy love! ;)

Mr.Malevolent, Emperor's Children Post #2 - Flamer Bearer

Allright boys and girls a small update.
I just finished the unit Flamer Bearer for Squad "Alpha".

The Flamer Bearer
gallery_57364_7441_549456.jpg
gallery_57364_7441_551318.jpg
gallery_57364_7441_1489799.jpg

Hope you like him.
After taking pics I see some spots I need to tidy up (as usual)...
So that is 2 down and 3 to go!
I may even add in my Dreadnought I built in a super cool running pose if I finish these early, as a present for busting my buttocks before the first deadline lol
Enjoy everyone and thanks for looking.
Cheers!

i will be adding more gold/brass (depending on what i have available) :wacko: on the bionic parts. they do blend a lot which kinda makes it look a lil dull. thanks for all the kind words. and advice, will be used.

Mr.Malevolent as a big fan of purple... in general im liking your emperors children ;) i'll have to do an army of them at some stage. gotta resist for now.

FlakMonkey, Post 1.5 - WIP Iron Warriors

some work on the stolen necron leg.
med_gallery_67114_7446_677508.jpg

think it adds more flavour and contributes to taking away the plain and boring silver only kinda look
med_gallery_67114_7446_1354957.jpg

hope you like it, c&c's always welcomed ofcourse

FlakMonkey that looks awesome! :D Exactly the same way I would have approached it ;D

NightHunters those operatives look very good, before I saw the group shot I actually thought it was the same marine :D So job well done!

And Mr. Malevolent, you're on fire mate :D

Talthus, good luck with that nasty reallife, it can be a pain sometimes :/ I wish you much hobby joy in the future to compensate ;)

Brother Chaplain Kage - Concept and Inspiration - Adeptus Custodes

http://i.imgur.com/9G0hc.jpg

Inspiration

http://i.imgur.com/cIdCe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hFudM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PXvoo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9Ta4T.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VAk3W.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/4NNMj.jpg

The mighty and mysterious Adeptus Custodes, created for the sole purpose of safeguarding the Emperor of Mankind. Larger, stronger, faster, and bearing more advanced equipment than the Adeptus Astartes Space Marines, they are the most elite fighting force in the universe.

Concept

Seeing the large disparity in armor and decoration throughout the artwork I have been able to find should allow for artistic wiggle room in the models. Some have the guardian spears, others have regular bolters, some have robes that reach to the floor and others only come to the knee. After all, who knows if there are different marks of Custodes gear?

I have ordered some bits as well as one of those nifty tube making devices wherein one places a thin roll of putty betwixt two plates and after some vigorous agitation, out comes beautifully rendered tubing! Glorious!

*ahem*

Anyway, I hope to have a rough concept model under way while I wait for the rest of the parts and stuff to come in. I plan on giving them the guardian spears and basing them mostly on Grey Knight models with a healthy dose of greenstuff. I have tinkered with the above images in Photoshop to get them a little closer to the colors I'm wanting for their armor and robes, so they will be gold and red and covered in lightning bolts and awesome. I don't think I will try for the eagles on the face plates, however. A small part of it is my sculpting skills not being up to it, but mostly that of all the cast custodes figures, conversions, and aftermarket resin parts I've seen that have tried to replicate the eagle doesn't look that good because of the small scale.

If I get really bitten with the bug, I just may have to get me a Contemptor. I've always liked the model, but to me, it seemed out of place in a Marine army, even with the idea of them being ancient and all that. In a Custodes army, however...

As it stands, every time I try to focus on either my Angels of Vengeance or this new Custodes project, Khârn keeps pushing himself to the fore of my thoughts so I will try to finish him up in the next few days. Here's an example:

*digging through bits box* Ooh, that would make a neat shoulder pad for the Cust-

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

"Yeah, I know, you're not finished yet, but I have other-"

SKULLS FOR THE-

"OK! I GOT IT!"

Archived