ETL Vow - Terminator Librarian

Hexagon Sun

I've been pretty busy with starting a new job lately and haven't really had any time to paint but now things have calmed down a bit i'm trying to get motivated again.

So I got a terminator librarian as a part of a Deathwing job lot a few weeks ago. On closer inspection it turns out a previous owner had ground the face off and replaced it with a Chaos Warrior helm or something similar, why i'll never know... I've only just got around to actually adding a new one as the thought of the effort involved just made me come out in a weird rash.

The new face fits quite well in the end though I had to file it down loads until there was hardly anything left. Whilst greenstuffing the sides I decided to try to add a bit of an inner psychic hood like the original head. It's come out looking not too bad but no doubt i'll see all the flaws as soon as I get paint on it. Hopefully that'll be later in the week as I've finally got some paint for my new airbrush and i'm itching to get started on some vehicles now i've got more time.

Thoughts and opinions are most welcome.

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o551/hexagonsun1/WIP%20DA/face_wip_1.jpg

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o551/hexagonsun1/WIP%20DA/face_wip_2.jpg

Looking shiny :)

Have you thought the colour scheme?

Also, be patient with the airbrush...if you're new to the block, learn how thin properly and dont expect easy going at the beggining.

Just basing and some zenital highlightling :)

Hah! When I first saw the pic of the new head I thought, "Hey! somebody else is not quite satisfied with the GIANT noggin on that Librarian and chopped/drilled it out!" :)

I think what you have there looks better than the original, and I will be doing the same with mine (though you needed to do so for a different reason). Just gotta nab a head from a buddy of mine who has leftover Grey Knights bitz.

Thanks for the positive comments guys, I've not really done any proper GS work before but thankfully i'm pretty anal so taking my time seems to have paid off. Quite happy with it overall and I'll not be as scared of doing something similar in future. Expect some paint on the weekend if I can get my blues together.

@Tanhausen Cheers for the tips on the airbrush, i'm really finding that I prefer vallejo to GW when it comes to it. The GW ones just don't seem to thin as easily but i've been practicing a little on some old 2nd edition plastic marines. I'm aiming for a slightly darker blue with the libby as i'm not keen on him looking like an Ultramarine, I might even airbrush him with some zenithal highlights if i'm feeling brave... :jaw:

@shabbadoo Thanks and I totally know what you mean though I wouldn't have done it from choice! The thing that bugs me the most about it is that the left arm is literally in line with the head, I know it's rule of cool with terminators but i'd love to be able to reposition the arms lower and make it work.

Model air for the win!

As for actual painting...let me suggest you prime in gray (vallejo's primer is nice) and remember: better 3 light passes than start drowning the model and spidering due to too thin paint/moisture.

If everyhting goes well, I'll try and star my own ETL model xD

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been slow going as i've not had that much time, but I thought i'd post my progress so far even if it is a little sloppy looking at the moment. Lots of areas to tidy up, then detailing / highlighting to be done yet, but he's getting there. I did try some zenithal highlights with the airbrush though it's not too obvious in this photo. Pretty happy with the way the head is turning out now it's got some paint on it too. I'm hoping to be finished this weekend then i'll see whether I can deal with something else before the end of August...

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o551/hexagonsun1/WIP%20DA/wip_1.jpg

Looks great so far (looks complete by my standards! B)) and you have every right to be happy with how te face is turning out! Just note that the ETL lasts until August 15th - NOT the end of August... So if you plan to re-vow keep that in mind...

Archived