Imperial Fist

UPDATE

Just finished another marine and gave the others IF icons, although I know they are red, but It was the only ones I had and my freehand fist looked bad.

gallery_67643_7414_140601.jpg

gallery_67643_7414_1766115.jpg

I also started working on my sergeant and Dreadnought... here are some wip pics...

gallery_67643_7414_1702016.jpg

gallery_67643_7414_308415.jpg

gallery_67643_7414_1293044.jpg

gallery_67643_7414_1073391.jpg

Looks like they are a promising start. Those decals btw are the Crimson Fist ones. I'm sure when you get around to getting some boxed sets, you'll see the traditional Imperial Fists decals (on the white background).

Still, your work is getting better. Hope to see a combat squad in the near future :)

Thanks, and about the tactical squad I hope to get it done in like two weeks, but I am a slow painter so yeah. Also I'm hoping to get some actual IF decals so they actually look like IF. Finally do you know if you can repose plastic space marine like the forgeworld resin ones with hot water?

No you can't. Reposing plastic, in my experience, is a lot of cutting, and pinning and greenstuff. You cut the limb into its general bits, pin them to the desired shape, and then GS the joints. Not easy (or at least for me, I always have trouble with it).

No you can't. Reposing plastic, in my experience, is a lot of cutting, and pinning and greenstuff. You cut the limb into its general bits, pin them to the desired shape, and then GS the joints. Not easy (or at least for me, I always have trouble with it).

Yes, it is indeed a pain in the arse. I tried to repose a pair of legs just the other night and it took me about two hours to get to where I am now and I still have got to re-attach a part of the leg, seal the opening with greenstuff and then do some more GS work. Too much hassle. Also, when you re-position the legs, the torsos look too small, so you have to bulk those out too.

TL;DR version: Don't do it, as it is too much hassle for such a small thing.

Cheers,

Ludovic

My humble opinion mate, try the skull white spray..

I use a completely different method to paint IF, but I suggest you this one

Skull white base-> seraphim sepia wash-> averland sunset-> Casandora yellow wash -> averland again except the recesses -> highlight with yriel yellow

Or try this one skull white base and casandora yellow wash over it :) in the end you can highlight with white scar :)

Hm thanks mate I'll definitely try this, also except that I don't have the Casandora yellow wash, but can I try to do Agrax wash after the white base and use the Sepia wash instead of the yellow wash?

EDIT: Nevermind saw the yellow wash, I do need it to try that recipe.

Those are coming along well. I might suggest adding a little water to your yellow, as I can tell its a little rough. But really that is a minor nitpick. I think for your first models, these are shaping up nicely!

Nice, Imperial Fists lend themselves well to rubble bases. I have found the 40k basing kit to be helpful, as well as any kind of bits and bobs around the house. Recently, I have been really getting into this hobby train store that has tons of cool bits, so its worth having a look around.

And really, Heresy Era stuff is always a pleasure to see, look forward to it.

Updatish

Well its been a while but I am soon gonna post more pics of my finished dread a combat squad and a termie sergeant. I also got a 10 man dev squad and a 10 man tactical squad with some forgeworld models off ebay for a good price, so except to see those too.

• 2 months later...

Archived