6th Edition Note to BA Forum

Morticon

NOTE TO THE BA FORUM:

As 6th Edition is about to dawn, the BA Mod team would like to take a short moment to bring a few things to the attention of the fellow BA battle brethren of The Bolter & Chainsword.

As most of you will have heard by now, 6th Ed. has brought with it a very detailed and prolific aspect of Allies. (Some Details Here)

But, in summary, BA can now ally (to some degree) with:

All Space Marine chapters, SoB, GK, Tau, Eldar and Necrons.

As a result, (and because of BA being as awesome as they are :D ) we are very likely to see people from all different army backgrounds dipping their feet into BA waters and maybe even going from having an allied contingent of BA to having a main fighting company of BA.

The BA forum, for the last 8 years that I can remember, has been a very friendly, quirky (the cat phase anyone?), approachable, polite and helpful place. That being said, as with ALL changes, some people respond well to them, others don't.

We'd like to make a request that BA frater uphold our board's reputation and welcome new (and old) gamers, hobbiests and posters in the same friendly, approachable, polite and helpful way as they have in the past.

If you feel particularly strongly about who BA should and shouldn't ally with, please remember that your reasons for playing and your enjoyment of the game may be very different from someone else's. So, we would like to strongly caution frater against dismissing, belittling and generally badmouthing/trolling new gamers/posters because their views are not in line with yours.

Remember at the end of the day that:

"The Bolter & Chainsword promotes constructive discussion about all aspects of the Warhammer 40,000 hobby"

If you feel enraged by something and feel that your post will not be constructive or add anything to a new (or old!) poster's discussion/question/army list relating to allies, then please reconsider what you are posting. We're by no means saying you can't think what you think - however we are here to PROMOTE the BA, and promote the B&C and would like to see the posts reflect that.

If you feel you disagree but can offer suggestions and ideas on how to change what you see be it for fluff or effectiveness, or whatever else, and can do so in a constructive way- then go ahead.

Hopefully this opportunity sees interest in our army grow be it from bandwagoners, WAACers, fluff-bunnies, beer & pretzel gamers and everyone else in between!!

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Dork%20Stuff-%20Fun%20Stuff/bamotivational.jpg

A rousing message Mort.

Could we have an allied child board like the Amy List one rather than it clogging up the main board? As I can see it being a big discussion going on for a very long time that could overwhelm the usual threads. It would also be nice to find such posts all in one place rather than having to search around for them.

A rousing message Mort.

Could we have an allied child board like the Amy List one rather than it clogging up the main board? As I can see it being a big discussion going on for a very long time that could overwhelm the usual threads. It would also be nice to find such posts all in one place rather than having to search around for them.

I think this is a great idea. It would make things run alot smoother.

A rousing message Mort.

Will put it forward to management!

Well said Morticon.

I do have one question though. How does the Power Armour only rule work for posting list with Non PA Allies?

Obviously the rule stands as far as pictures are concerned.

CTK

Management/mods are currently in discussion over the matter. :) We'll keep you guys posted.

For now, stick to our rules as are.

Well said Morticon.

I do have one question though. How does the Power Armour only rule work for posting list with Non PA Allies?

Obviously the rule stands as far as pictures are concerned.

CTK

Management/mods are currently in discussion over the matter. :D We'll keep you guys posted.

For now, stick to our rules as are.

^ can't wait to find out. As a *cough* Eldar player I'd like to now how we will format the allies lists.

As for the main topic in "being nice to thy new Bro/ Sis" I agree.

Archived