DA book

Sviar

Hello Brothers

I have bought some DA eShort books, and I was told that Descent of angels start from the very begining of DAs history, which is interesting. Is that true? And if so does it add new fluff?

Regards Sviar

No, that wouldn't be completely true. The book covers the time of The Lion on Caliban and his relationship with Luther, the development of The Order, and the arrival of the Dark Angels and The Emperor on Caliban, but it doesn't cover the genesis of the Dark Angels Legion which occurs on Terra.

I liked those books, even if others here do not...read em on english, than on german!

But i admit the first one is kind of a slow read, with a nasty cliffhanger ending....but np when you got the 2nd book already! :P

After reading them i developed some understanding and even some respect for our fallen brothers...but i wont spoil anything, and heading voluntary to the Interrogation chambers for some chastising for what i just said! :P

Thanks for the replies. I have ordered it , so the book is on its way. I had two reasons to ask about this book the first one was the DA history, the second one was because this author is amazing, he wrote fifteen hours which is one (IMHO) of the better BL books out there. He has a way of making the people come alive and you find yourself caring for them, he is really good at describing situations in a way that still holds your interest. So theres a good chance that this books delivers.

People generally have a strong reaction to this one- its not really a HH novel. Its a precontact novel which dips into the crusade a bit. 80-90% of the novel there are no space marines.

You will either hate it or love it.

I loved it- the second presents a very interesting start to the DA/Fallen split as well.

Both books are great from a background perspective. The first book is a very great read until the last few chapters. Basically, you can tell the author was rushed for finishing the book, but overall I rate it a solid B. The second book is great, and throws out some really sweet story hooks. I rate that one an A Also, the author is super cool. He shows up to the battle for Stones River almost every year, since he lives in Nashville.

For my money the best depiction of the Dark Angels was 'Savage Weapons' in the Age of Darkness compilation. Awesome in every aspect of "dark angel-ness"

Highlights include the Lion beginning the hostilities with a "dishonorable" blow and still losing against the injured Curze upon losing his cool from a petty taunt, trusted companions of the Lion being introduced and picked apart by the Night Lords, a champion of the Legion almost drowning in his own blood after being bucked off the back of Curze (which he failed to kill even though he shoved a sword in his back), and more hitherto unseen knightly habits than you can shake a Blade of Reason at. :(

So yeah, it's a nice story and all, but it made us look like fools a bit.

For my money the best depiction of the Dark Angels was 'Savage Weapons' in the Age of Darkness compilation. Awesome in every aspect of "dark angel-ness"

Highlights include the Lion beginning the hostilities with a "dishonorable" blow and still losing against the injured Curze upon losing his cool from a petty taunt, trusted companions of the Lion being introduced and picked apart by the Night Lords, a champion of the Legion almost drowning in his own blood after being bucked off the back of Curze (which he failed to kill even though he shoved a sword in his back), and more hitherto unseen knightly habits than you can shake a Blade of Reason at. :lol:

I think that was kind of the point, our ideals fall short of our abilities, even for genetically forged post-humans. And taking an L to a Primarch is far from foolish looking, the fact that he was able to wound one, and not die in retaliation says a lot. Also took two Night Lords to kill Alajos, one of which had plot armor until Terra anyway. I think the Angels came out looking good.

Highlights include the Lion beginning the hostilities with a "dishonorable" blow and still losing against the injured Curze upon losing his cool from a petty taunt, trusted companions of the Lion being introduced and picked apart by the Night Lords, a champion of the Legion almost drowning in his own blood after being bucked off the back of Curze (which he failed to kill even though he shoved a sword in his back), and more hitherto unseen knightly habits than you can shake a Blade of Reason at. :P

I think that was kind of the point, our ideals fall short of our abilities, even for genetically forged post-humans. And taking an L to a Primarch is far from foolish looking, the fact that he was able to wound one, and not die in retaliation says a lot. Also took two Night Lords to kill Alajos, one of which had plot armor until Terra anyway. I think the Angels came out looking good.

If I can quote Jeremy Irons in Kingdom of Heaven (...did I really just write that... :) )

"Jerusalem has no need for a perfect Knight!"

Archived