Kharn in 6th edition

abadizzle

I'd much rather have Khârn at AP2 init 1 than AP3 init 5. I don't need a melee focused special character in a melee focused codex to take on bog standard tactical squads. To me the rumors of new Khârn are sounding like a further downgrade from the current FAQ Khârn.

All those who believe AP2 not at I1 is a pipe dream, it already exists... Necron warscythes hit at AP1 and user initiative (which is 2 but it still allows thunderhammer mulching) therefore, they have a precedent and its possible that we could get some AP2 that acts at a decent time

All those who believe AP2 not at I1 is a pipe dream, it already exists... Necron warscythes hit at AP1 and user initiative (which is 2 but it still allows thunderhammer mulching) therefore, they have a precedent and its possible that we could get some AP2 that acts at a decent time

Don't forget Dreadnoughts(bad example), and Screamers of Tzeentch after their recent update in WD(good example).

guys... it seems to me that the betrayer has an ap 3 melee weapon, plus the special rules in that characters entry

as defined in the rule book, any weapon with one or more special rules is counted as an ap 3 power weapon. This also explains commander dante and others with weapons ill suited to them in 6th edition.

so he has a ap 3 melee weapon (chain axe, in his case) with all his special rules for gorechild.

so no extra strength or unwieldy rule. gore child is not a power axe, its GORECHILD. it has its own rules and uses an AP3 melee weapon as its base. All special characters named weapons (with one or more special rules) are treated this way.

now go kill those nimbly bimbly ap3 power-sworders and take their heads in confidence !!!....but maybe avoid the dreadnoughts again.

• 2 weeks later...
Does Khârn, for new rules, assault vehicles hitting always at 2+?

In the new rules we must assume vehicles have ws 0 or ws 1 when assaulted.

Is it correct?

Indeed.

Note that although vehicles with WS0 are normally hit automatically, Khârn has been FAQ'ed (emphasis mine) to "always hits on a 2+".

Khârn has the Hatred Incarnate Trait, wich give him and his unit the Hate...of everything!!!, not just the marines.

Fixed it, I suspect you forgot about vehicles and necrons. Hehe, he hates those too with a passion! :)

guys... it seems to me that the betrayer has an ap 3 melee weapon, plus the special rules in that characters entry

as defined in the rule book, any weapon with one or more special rules is counted as an ap 3 power weapon. This also explains commander dante and others with weapons ill suited to them in 6th edition.

so he has a ap 3 melee weapon (chain axe, in his case) with all his special rules for gorechild.

so no extra strength or unwieldy rule. gore child is not a power axe, its GORECHILD. it has its own rules and uses an AP3 melee weapon as its base. All special characters named weapons (with one or more special rules) are treated this way.

now go kill those nimbly bimbly ap3 power-sworders and take their heads in confidence !!!....but maybe avoid the dreadnoughts again.

Yeah the "Unnusual power weapon" thing is only there so that WG could stay lazy in regards of all the weapons of the 5th Ed dexes who had more rules then simply" allows no armor saves", like Nemesis Force Weapons etc.

You can actually see in the leaked pics the entry's for Abbadon and Typhus where there weapons have special things and AP2(well Typhus scuth is unwieldy though...), so its not unconceveable to get a +1S AP2 Armorbane, "Bloodbath" Gorechild(Bloodbath stands for the Hit on 2's and 1's on allies rule).

Once again GW took the Lazy route with making Gorechild a power axe, they could just have gone and write "AP2" and that would be it, but remember, GW Faqs writers are lazy as hell.

Gentlemen! Got a scan of the codex and the ax-crazy unit wiping at high initiative Khârn we loved is Back. Strength 5 native, with Gorechild being a CHAIN AXE granting him +1 strength ap2 with Armorbane and has of course his Betrayer rule (2+ to hit, 1s go on friendlies). I'm going to get him out of Cryo storage now.

Go get em Cap ;)

I love new Khârn! He costs as much as regular chaos lord, but with 5 S6 AP2 hits (7 S7 on charge!) and hatred he's just insane - chances of killing his own sqaud are minimal, that's even better than 5th edition. I will use him whenever I expect my opponent to field CC oriented army.

Archived