Should we ask for a board lock?

Koremu

Quite straightforward - in the past we've had issues on this board with people necroing old posts, and with a new edition there comes the factor that a lot of our old posts, with mathhammer aplenty, will be highly innaccurate.

While broad-brush tactics will remain the same, the details are likely to change to the point where the old posts are dangerously misleading.

IMO we should ask for all old threads to be locked. Thoughts?

I don't see it as necessary. People will know (based on the date of the post) that it will no longer apply in the next edition.

If you go back far enough in this forum, you can find threads on topics from 4th edition - they are just gathering dust (but are good for an historical perspective).

Besides, everyone knows that if you necro a post, a Moderator can zap the post and return the thread to dusty shelf far more quickly and with far less effort than the necromancer can generate a viable post.

If you go back far enough in this forum, you can find threads on topics from 4th edition - they are just gathering dust (but are good for an historical perspective).

Indeed. Silent Requiem's Way of the Water Warrior forum threads (the ones that led up to the very very brief Tactica he wrote) are still relevant and helpful. (The units don't really exist anymore but his postulates and general ideas on movement and reading opponents are very helpful; some of my favorite reads on the board.)

Besides, everyone knows that if you necro a post, a Moderator can zap the post and return the thread to dusty shelf far more quickly and with far less effort than the necromancer can generate a viable post.

I lol'd.

Archived