ETL Strategy thread.

Gillyfish

Okay, so I've been reading Captain Semper's updates about our progress in the ETL and I'm concerned that we are falling behind.

Brothers, we need to do better, the honour of our Chapter is at stake! (well, okay, the forum then, but still!).

We need to complete some of the smaller vows as soon as we can so that we can make good on some of the ground we've lost. I have a small vow going myself, but it's going to take me a couple of weeks to complete it. Can anyone get their vow completed in the meantime?

I'm about a week short of completing my second vow :cuss

But what we really need is the Battle Brothers who have pledged a small initial vow to progress and go for another low point vow.

If they do this both our completion rate and points total will increase slowly and steadily.

My mistake was to pledge too much on my initial vow - we need loads of little vows for steady progress.

Just my ha'penny worth ;)

Edit: I still think we could do well to have a link to the WIP threads on the chart on the 1st page of the ETL thread. We all could then use the links as a shortcut to the WIP to encourage/prod people into painting ;)

I'm trying to get some time to start with my dread...but its not easy.

Also, this sunday is the GD at Spain and we (club) are going with quite a few tables...so not easy this weekend to get time.

However, I do get my holidays within 2 weeks, so in that time, I should be able to start putting out miniatures.

And since in that time I'll probably have more of an idea of the future of the edition, I'll try and see if I can get more tacticals/terminators/bikes done...

So... in the second half of july, I expect to do my 150ish point dread and may end up doing some other 1k models.

I really enjoyed my "6th edition mock" model this weekend...hadn't painted 1 lone model in years...sick of squads xD

I admit im a bit hampered by the fact that im missing a few colours...but since im pretty broke it have to wait for juli the 9th :angry:

Also even if 520 points dont look like a big vow, and its only 8 marines, 3 of em are HQs which tend to take some more time...i should have vowed the 5 man squad first ;)

Thank you, that sounds positive. Is there anyone else who can finish their vow sooner than that?

In terms of my vow, I've painted the fatigues and washed the armour on my scouts. Started the basecoat on the Land Raider too. Still at least two weeks away from completion though. :(

I finished the primary bodies of the last 5 marines for my vow last night and started the first coats on my ven dread. Means I just have 6 sets of bolter arms to paint up and finish the dread for my decently large large vow. I'm gonna start with lots of smaller vows after that, beginning with a second ven dread.

First of all I think it's a great that Gillyfish set up this thread. A similar thread worked wonders for the BTs!

For those that have vows of below 300pts now is the perfect time to complete them! As a back of the envelope calculation the incomplete 1st vows that are below 300pts stand at 4.4k put together. This is a large pool to draw from! But more importantly every completion in this points' bracket has a multiplying effect as our brothers can vow again!

So all it take is to complete this Dread or this DW squad and capture some points fast. Then either stay in reserve watching the developments or vow a similarly modest vow! We're not the Wolves, we do not need mega-vows to win - small ones will do just fine, but completions should be forthcoming!

Let's do this guys, because the BTs and the SW seem determined to make an impact! :)

Unfortunately, my job is taking me away from home the entire month of July. I do get to take my painting kit with me, but I am unsure exactly how much time for painting I will really have as it sounds like my weekends will pretty much already be filled as well with work.

On the bright side, except for some black highlights, my Ven Dread's legs are done. Will post pics tonight as I get to work on the body and arms. Sorry CPT Semper, lascannon armament here (more for the points value, I'll do the other two arms later).

I have my command squad almost complete,i will be posting some photos by Sunday i reckon.

Sorry for the delay brothers but real life has been spitting me at the face over the last month.

The vow though i will complete and perhaps add something more.

I'll hopefully have my second vow completed in a couple of weeks and will then be dependent on new purchases for further vows.

This shouldn't necessarily be a cause for concern as I'm planning to acquire a couple of non-Contemptor dreads sooner rather than later but it does add to the completion lead-time.

Well guys, we have just been surpassed by Chaos. They have now compelted 6.6k pts vs. our 5.2k. The leading forums, the BTs and the SWs are way ahead with 8.4k and 8k respectively. So we're 4th. Yeap 4th!! Can we do something about it before the next weekly update? Can we add 1k points by Tuesday for example? Let's see some mobilization guys - we're faltering here!!!!

Hi Brothers,

I admit it, I've been a slacker. R/L has had me away from home a lot and any painting time has been dedicated to the non-ETL vow cockpit of my T-Hawk(personal vow).

The good news is that I've finished that up tonight and will start :ermm: my ETL vow tomorrow night.

Six weeks to nail one RWAS, no worries. :)

BTW, pics of cockpit up tomorrow night too.

:D

stobz

Okay, so I've been reading Captain Semper's updates about our progress in the ETL and I'm concerned that we are falling behind.

Brothers, we need to do better, the honour of our Chapter is at stake! (well, okay, the forum then, but still!).

We need to complete some of the smaller vows as soon as we can so that we can make good on some of the ground we've lost. I have a small vow going myself, but it's going to take me a couple of weeks to complete it. Can anyone get their vow completed in the meantime?

My Assault Squad will be finished soon enough but the problem I've got is that I can't afford new models and I've been steadily improving the paint jobs on my Dark Angels anyway, so I haven't even got any primed models that I can finish for the Vow. Pretty sure I have some metal Scouts lying around somewhere that are primed. They weren't meant for my Dark Angels but when I get my Assault Squad done I could use them as my second Vow. Other than that I'd have to paint up my youngest daughter as a Watcher in the Dark. Not that she'd mind......

Other than that I'd have to paint up my youngest daughter as a Watcher in the Dark. Not that she'd mind......

Nah, they don't have an entry in the codex! :)

We've been overtaken by Chaos? Ugh, that's no good. C'mon guys, whatever you can do soon, please do it!

Shortysl, scouts may be good - every little helps!

We've been overtaken by Chaos? Ugh, that's no good. C'mon guys, whatever you can do soon, please do it!

Let me correct you there: we have been GREATLY overtaken by Chaos. Like 2k pts. We curretly have the lowest completion rate of 13% (well actually the Codex forums have 12%) but all those forums that lead are above the 7k mark (BTs are above the 8k mark) and we are just at a meagre 5.2k. So far this week we have only added 265 points. The next lowest is BAs with 720 but leading forums are between 1.2k to 1.5k. Chaos added 2.3k!

So until tomorrow when the next update will come, what can we do to fix this picture?

Archived