Our Librarians are dangerous again!

shortysl

Sooo, my local independent retailer has been nice enough to sell me the Limited Edition Psychic Disciplines pack and all I can say after looking through them is: damn! Having access to four of the five available disciplines, we have access to some deadly powers, both aggressive and the more...... subtle.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post descriptions of powers so I won't to begin with but, Hallucination, Terrify, Psychic Shriek, Telekine Dome, Crush, Forewarning, Foreboding, Molten Beam, Sunburst, Fire Shield and Fiery Form are all powers that are firstly, brutal and secondly, will appeal to any type of tactician.

As to whether or not Librarians will increase in points come the release of our new codex is another matter entirely, but for now we're getting some beautiful powers for some pretty darn good points.

I'm really starting to sound like a grimdark Eyeore, but I have to agian point out the risk of "Ooh Shiny!" syndrome... everybody else gets access to these new toys too. It'll be great to see all sorts of long neglected models return to the table, so I'm excited, but we're not the only army getting a boost.

I'm really starting to sound like a grimdark Eyeore, but I have to agian point out the risk of "Ooh Shiny!" syndrome... everybody else gets access to these new toys too. It'll be great to see all sorts of long neglected models return to the table, so I'm excited, but we're not the only army getting a boost.

Not to worry, Ive already considered the universal nature of the powers. I was speaking in the context of Dark Angel Librarians specifically. Let's face it, our powers at present are bloody awful. I've long since grown out of 'shiny syndrome', but the idea of having a previously useless unit in our army beiing given fresh life due to to the advent of the new Psychic Disciplines is exciting. I was never thinking that our Librarians would become better than other Psykers, but the fact that they are now essentially equal in terms of psychic prowess is something to be thankful for in my opinion.

I work in the legal field, and given events in Washington D.C. today (which I'm not going to comment on directly), I've been busy dealing with an awful lot of irrational butthurt and overzealous happiness all day. Combine that with the typical levels of squee and nerdrage that a new edition provokes from the geeky half of the internet... well... its going to be a looong month for me.

I work in the legal field, and given events in Washington D.C. today (which I'm not going to comment on directly), I've been busy dealing with an awful lot of irrational butthurt and overzealous happiness all day. Combine that with the typical levels of squee and nerdrage that a new edition provokes from the geeky half of the internet... well... its going to be a looong month for me.

:) Fair play my friend. Must admit, being a Brit, I haven't been keeping up with current events in D.C but I hope things don't get too crazy for you. I also think we're pretty much all Brothers on here so if you fancy venting some rage to a complete stranger who won't take it to heart then P.M me anytime you want. I'm on here most days so go for it.

Well there are Yanks on here (like myself) and there would be an argument (but not from me, I dunno which is worse) so he is prolly better off keeping to himself.

However, yes it will be nice to have a Libby with powers again. Mine are just to carry force weapons around and kill multi wound critters and for a chance at the full table Hood Dispel.

We should plan a trip to DC and give Ajax a relief in force. Plus one to shortyls post. I worked in the DC area for 3 years, just the traffic alone is enough to drive you up the wall!

Back on topic. It is a fresh breath of air to get our libby's back on par with others. I was tired of playing against TDA libby w/ SS and Null Zone all the time everytime. Now there is more flavor and diversity. Which in the end will make us better generals. How employ/negate all the powers.

We should plan a trip to DC and give Ajax a relief in force.

This would be awesome! A gathering of spiritual brothers! Get the pizza and beer (or soft drinks for us teetotallers) going and nerd it up. If I had the money for a transatlantic flight to D.C and a wife that wouldn't kill me for spending money on what is essentially a massive road (air?) trip, I would so go for this :)

We should plan a trip to DC and give Ajax a relief in force.

This would be awesome! A gathering of spiritual brothers! Get the pizza and beer (or soft drinks for us teetotallers) going and nerd it up. If I had the money for a transatlantic flight to D.C and a wife that wouldn't kill me for spending money on what is essentially a massive road (air?) trip, I would so go for this :cuss

That increase in stormravens' price? Its because theyre lifesize and flight capable now. And us dark angels will soon be figuring out how to fly those newfangled contraptions. Fly it over to the states

The fact that we have to forgo all the Dark Angels Codex Psychic Powers to get the "good ones" just really illustrates how bad the DA powers really are.

We have access to a named Librarian with three Psychic Powers, and a generic one with two Psychic Powers. If that means they are only level three and two level Psykers... well, that means they are gonna kinda suck. We'll see if the FAQ for the DA helps. Or maybe the next DA Codex will rock the Psykers?

I'm still holding out for the Elite Space Lions unit. Space Marines riding mechanical lions into battle, and if you field five of them in a squad, they can form a giant, Dreadknight kinda model. ;)

Yes, DA Librarians will get more powers, but they still only can use 1 psychic power each turn, even Ezekiel, at least until the C: DA FAQ comes out. Accordingly I am much, much more interested in what the C: DA FAQ will have to say about 6E with regards to DA Librarians being assigned psychic mastery levels, and many other things besides.

+1 to shabbadoo: I want to see the FAQ (did you guys know we have a inside joke with the sound of FAQ? Because we don't read letter by letter...just as if it was a word...and since usually FAQ ends up screwing everything...)

As for psychs...its a game breaker.

Honestly...some armies simply cannot perform.

You can bluff/debluff whilst in CC, remove fearless at 24" IIRC and stuff that is simply way way OTT right now.

I'm not even going to comment on the wound allocation sistem...which I think will slow down so much the games. Sigh...

I like the game.

I like the edition.

I REALLY want to play it.

But the first months are gonna be hectic!

Of the 450 odd pages, I'd say only the 20 regarding movement/shooting/assault are really important.

At the end you have a Game step-by-step summary (4-6 pages long) and 4-6 pages of spreadsheets with all the armies and their units/weapons with reviewed profiles.

For example, DA have 5 units IIRC: veteran, biker, biker sarge, I. Chaplain and somebody else I don't remember. There you see that bikes now are T5 instead of T4(5).

I'd say it depends how much of a gamer you are.

Unless in the next 3 months your gonna do quite a bit, I'd wait...easier said than done <_<

Also, the powers deck...its OK: nice packaging (its a box that slides sideways) and you have full colour and some flavor text added...but you have the powers in the BGB too.

Archived