Mippie's "Survivors of Calth"

Mippie

So here we go....with the release of the new 6th edition of 40K and the possibilities for Allies, i have decided to do an army of marines and guard who have survived the calth war! so with this in mind, here we go, the time period is the near end/during the battle for calth and is based around the ultra-smurfs. Below is my first marine, the armour is alot darker in reality, and it is my first attempt at NMM. Any CC is welcome!

gallery_67684_7427_56916.jpg

gallery_67684_7427_167514.jpg

In addition how do i directly show my images in this post? is it by uploading from my pc rather than imageshack?

Edit: @Kierdale cheers :D

Cheers and thanks for looking

In addition how do i directly show my images in this post? is it by uploading from my pc rather than imageshack?

Cheers and thanks for looking

at the top of the B&C page, to the left of 'My Controls' is 'My Albums'. You can upload to there and copy and paste links from there. Your photos will come out better that way, IMO. If you can, try cropping away some of the excess table/background from round the edges too so the mini itself takes up more of the photo.

As for the mini itself: it looks like a good start!

@daismith906: Thanks man :( the blue was shamelessly ripped from another member on this forum (at work cant remember who)....but goes along the lines of:

undercoat black

drybrush boltgun (all over)

2x wash of asuraman blue over armour areas

enchanted blue over armour

final asuraman blue wash.

Creates a darker grittier blue than normal ultra smurfs. as for whats next, need to glue the other arm on, finish the metalics and do his base :) then his 4 friends to complete the command squad bodyguards. After that am gonna kill my bank acc and order up some more FW marines to get some more survivors. In addition to these, i am going to be painting up guardsmen to accompany them, these are gonna be all converted and arent going to be squads of a single type of guardsman (to represent mis-matched groups banding together to survive) we will see how it turns out ;)

@daismith906: Thanks man :o the blue was shamelessly ripped from another member on this forum (at work cant remember who)....but goes along the lines of:

undercoat black

drybrush boltgun (all over)

2x wash of asuraman blue over armour areas

enchanted blue over armour

final asuraman blue wash.

That's Cosmic Castaway's Ultramarine Recipe, that is ;)

Great looking eye-glow and blue. I quite like the brown-y, yellow-y trims too!

Ludovic

Archived