6th edition DA questions

Tanhausen

Hi there,

Since we have our Games Day on Sunday and I'll be attending, I'm offering my Dark Angels Brothers the following.

Make your question (easy and direct, if possible with a yes/no possible answer) and I'll make it to whomever I can.

Please number the questions, and I'll edit the first post if you guys feel like taking up this opportunity.

For example:

0.- Bikes now don't have the Scout USR: will our Ravewing get this rule?

1. It was mentioned that Ezekiel now ´ll be at a mastery level of 2. Does that mean, that he lost one of his powers in 6.Ed. or will he only got two of the new ones if he likes to coose them?

2. Which missile launchers can use flakk missiles?

3. When is the new DA codex coming out?

4.-What was their inspiration for the DA on the cover, and will J.J. Be stationed in the far outer reaches while the next DA codex is being worked on?

5.- Will company veterans become troops?

Thanks for your effort Tanhausen. :whistling:

Now here is my question:

1. It was mentioned that Ezekiel now ´ll be at a mastery level of 2. Does that mean, that he lost one of his powers in 6.Ed. or will he only got two of the new ones if he likes to coose them?

Can you clarify? What are flakk missiles? If its the AA ones, only the Missile launcher (no CML or Typhoon)..its in the BGB Annex

Can you clarify? What are flakk missiles? If its the AA ones, only the Missile launcher (no CML or Typhoon)..its in the BGB Annex

Yes, flakk missiles are the Skyfire ones. There are, what, five types of missile launchers in the game? Cyclones, Typhoons, Dreadnought, and the "man-portable" Hevay Weapon used by Tacticals and Devastators. So, who gets flakk?

Yes, flakk missiles are the Skyfire ones. There are, what, five types of missile launchers in the game? Cyclones, Typhoons, Dreadnought, and the "man-portable" Hevay Weapon used by Tacticals and Devastators. So, who gets flakk?

Missile launcher: so tacticals, devastators and dreads.

Do our scouts count as troops/ do they keep their BS WS 4?

...At least till we get a codex, duh, yeah, they're BS4 elites. 6th edition won't change that! And they're not going to give out the contents of the eventually-to-be-released next DA Codex at Spain's Gamesday, especially since they haven't even admitted that one's in the works!

Do our scouts count as troops/ do they keep their BS WS 4?

...At least till we get a codex, duh, yeah, they're BS4 elites. 6th edition won't change that! And they're not going to give out the contents of the eventually-to-be-released next DA Codex at Spain's Gamesday, especially since they haven't even admitted that one's in the works!

Hi again.

Looks like my question has already been answered :http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2420310a_Dark_Angels_6th_Ed_V1.pdf (Thanks to Droma :ph34r: )

Cheers

Updated with questions (though the FAQ came out).

I don't even know IF and TO WHOM I'll be able to make these questions but...hey, what if?

Back to progressing in my ETL

It would be nice to get 100% verification on what's in the starter set.

It would be nice to know if all the models in the starter set will be new, or just rebranded AoBR models with new shoulders kind of like the paint kit. Especially the terminators (please god be robed!) and Ravenwing (please new models).

Will we still be required to take a special character to make either a deathwing or ravenwing list? Or will terminators and bikers be troops choices standard?

With so many other books now stealing the deathwing model, what will make the original bad boys stand out above the rest?

Will the DA get an equivilent to Captain Wolf 'Wolfy' McWolfersten toting a wolf axe and wolf shield riding a cyber wolf with wolf pups and allowing wolfs as troops? Or are we done with these shenanigans?

Well if he were given the proper value that all Chief Librarians had in 2nd (Mastery Level 4) then I think people would be crying foul at his point cost. The FAQ was basically to translate rules to 6th, not change them. Ezekiel had three powers and could manifest a single power per turn. This has not changed under the new rules (nor has any other Psyker for that matter). The psychic system was a radical change and codices need to catch up to the new paradigm. We'll have to see how Chaos handles the change when they come out in the next few months (allegedly) and of course wait and see on how Dark Angels will be updated as the philosophy behind the creation of the Dark Angels was so different than what went in to all the later Space Marine codices.

So I choose to think of it this way; we finally get to choose decent powers for Ezekiel. Sure he is only ML1, but at least he can get rid of Hellfire, Force Shield and Mindworm and say hello to Divination, Pyromancy, Telepathy or Telekinesis. Divination has a lot of fun effects in it and I think could be a big staple for us. I know my usual Deathwing Librarian will probably be spamming the Divination discipline to grab things like Forboding.

As said, it is just a carry over from the old system but this was the perfect chance to 'fix' our overpriced librarian options. Instead of Ezekiel I think we're better off allying a SM epistolary and a cheap scout squad.

As for a question, if it's not too late, I wonder how many hull points Sammael's Landspeeder is meant to have because I can't find him mentioned in either the FAQ or the rulebook. Perhaps I just missed it though.

GW have never changed full unit costs in a FAQ, they only rarely change option point costs at that. No one should have been expecting price changes, I don't recall many being passed out when 8th Edition WFB rolled in so not many were bound to happen this time either.

I'm not a fan of the policy mind, but I can see why they do it (kind of). Basically, if they do a bunch of sweeping cost changes in a codex then they may as well consider making a new codex. Seeing as the Dark Angels are the best rumoured codex after Chaos Space Marines I doubt we will need to wait long for proper psykers and the like.

But anyone expecting Ezekiel to suddenly have the ability to manifest more than one power a turn was probably invoking at least a little wishful thinking. These were always just going to be to clarify terminology, they were not going to be full re-writes of units, GW have stated in the past that they don't like changing much after releasing a codex, for better or worse. Not saying it is a great philosophy, just saying that it exists and I think people probably expected way more than the FAQs were ever going to give right out of the gate.

GW have never changed full unit costs in a FAQ, they only rarely change option point costs at that. No one should have been expecting price changes, I don't recall many being passed out when 8th Edition WFB rolled in so not many were bound to happen this time either.

Because there were none. FAQ/Errata documents are not meant to fully balance armies or to replace codices, they are a "Baling Wire & Bubblegum" repair to keep the armies playable under the new paradigm. Games Workshop has fourteen codices for this game, sixteen army books for Fantasy, and, um... I don

't know how LotR works, but they've got quite a few factions there too. They also have, like, six designers on staff.

Keep calm, have a cuppa, and play some games. It'll sort itself out in the end.

Grettins battle brothers,

Exist a lot of questions, but as one asked jet, why ezekiel is level mastery 1?

PS: Disfruta del games day, y a ver si consigues enterarte de algo y nos cuentas.

Archived