6th ed FAQ is out

Droma

Ezekiel is only level 1?

Mephiston is PML 3, Njal and Tigurius PML 2. ezzy is PML 1. It seems that GW really don't like us...We even do no not have epistolaries as other chapters. It just looks like ezekiel is now just an initiate in the chapter not the Chief Librarian. It sucks sucks sukcs !!!!!

In FAQ it is said that Ezekiel is Level 1 but in the question about how many powers our librarians have answer was 2 (two) since they are level 1, but on the same question about Ezekiel answer was 3 (three) since he is level 1. It seems that he is in fact level 2, and rest of our librarians are Level 1; he has 3 powers, they have 2 powers. In any case it seems that our FAQ is a bit messed up. I hope the mistake is statement that Ezekiel is level 1, because it seems he is higher, otherwise he would also have 2 powers instead of 3.

Divination,Pyromancy,Telepathy,Telekinesis....

Well one and three i get it.But on what part of our fluff we had pyromaniacs and telekinetics?

Or do i read too much into it?

Havent the rulebook though.

So whats the entry on the power maul? In general not the actual rules.

Hellfire could easily be Pyromancy and Force Barrier could be Telekinesis. While Mind Worm and our old Weaken Resolve would be Telepathy. Hope they will return Weaken Resolve in our new Codex, and that we will keep Force Barrier. I dont care much for Hellfire and Mind Worm.

PS: Ezekiel used to have special psychic ability in 3rd Edition Codex, Know Thine Enemy, which would clearly be Divination.

Hope Ezekiel will get that ability back in new Codex.

Haven't looked at any of the other FAQs and I can't pick up my stuff for another 3 hours-ish, but did you guys notice that our Cyclone launchers will, in fact, get Flakk missiles if they are standard kit for missile launchers? The FAQ states that the Cyclone counts as a Heavy 2 missile launcher. The Typhoons, however, do not get this option as their profile is stated specifically.

So our bikes are nerfed. (We didn't get skilled rider.) Our chaplains suck and our main psyker appears to be able to give the enemy a mild migraine if he really concentrates.

Wow GW, you actually managed to make us suck even more than we did before. Why do I ever bother holding out any hope.

I wouldn't get too worried about Ezekiel, guys, yes, he has Mastery Level 1, that only limits the Warp Charge level he can use, from my current understanding (ie, he can't use any powers with Warp Charge 2+). He automatically knows three powers (which I'm assuming means he knows the three in our Codex currently), but if you take one of the new disciplines, you only generate two powers.

I'm not sure exactly how it limits how many powers he can use in one turn, because I thought I read something on the psychic uses that you could use either two Warp Charge 1 powers per round or one Warp Charge 2, but that may be based on generating 2 Warp Charges a round (ie, Mastery Level 2). Really want to get my stuff.

So our bikes are nerfed. (We didn't get skilled rider.) Our chaplains suck and our main psyker appears to be able to give the enemy a mild migraine if he really concentrates.

Wow GW, you actually managed to make us suck even more than we did before. Why do I ever bother holding out any hope.

lol, what? :lol:

Even at mastery level 1 Ezekiel can at least use the good rule book powers instead of the sucky DA ones.

lol, what? :lol:

Even at mastery level 1 Ezekiel can at least use the good rule book powers instead of the sucky DA ones.

Yes, but he can only ever use ONE power per turn and never any of the powerful ones. Moreover, he can NEVER use a power AND use his force weapon in the same turn. Compare this to basically... ALL the other psykers and yeah, we got dumped on, again... Not to mention the state our Ravenwing is in now.

I swear DA players have to be the biggest bunch of masochists ever.

"lol, what" indeed.

Well, if one doesn't want to be a masochist, then apparently they shouldn't play DA. Personally, I still enjoy playing them even if the game turns out a loss.

It is a bummer about the force weapon and power use, but hopefully we will be getting a new Codex soon. Even so, should still be fun to play 6th Edition.

Ok, but how is it with our venerable dreadnought now?

FAQ says look at reverence at rulebook. When you look there, you won't find dark angels vehicles, only space marines vehicles. Now when you look at ven there it is kinda better than ours.

While I agree that it sucks how they've treated Ezekiel, and how he's not going to be as effective as other marines' psykers; there's bound to be a reason behind it. Think about if they had made him mastery level 3 with his default powers, not the new ones... That would have given him 3 psychic invulnerable saves. And IMHO, the main reason to take Ezekiel in the past has been for the Book of Salvation which is probably even more so now that the No Retreat rule is out. I think that alone gives him an army-wide effect that other psykers might be able to emulate, but only if they roll what they want on their chart...

Note that this is an older Codex, written for a previous edition of rules. You will therefore need to consult the Reference section of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook for an up to date list of Unit Types and Vehicle Hull Points. You'll also find that some of the weapons in this Codex are written out longhand, rather than using the weapon profile format in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook. Don't worry - these are functionally identical, unless noted otherwise in this document.

To this, we need to use reference from the main rulebook for our vehicles.

Our Bikers are now Toughness 5, not 4(5) so, our characters are no longer suffering Instant Death when hit by Strength 8 attacks. Similarly, when a Ravenwing Command Squad has an Apothecary in it, we're now getting Feel No Pain against Power Fists, Thunder Hammers etc.

How is that a nerf?

Archived