6th ed FAQ is out

Droma

Note that the entries in BGB are called "Space Marines" and "Space Marines Vehicles", not "Codex: Space Marines" and "Codex: Space Marines Vehicles" like the rest of them.

That suggest that all Space Marines armies use those for the units that are not in their Codex entries.

Quick question since I didn't see it on the FAQ: how many hull points does Sammael get if he takes his land speeder? If it's the two that a regular speeder gets, that's kinda risky...

Deathwing are viable as AA options. Our RAW for Cyclone missile launchers specifically states "Counts as Heavy 2 missile launcher" in the FAQ, not "Reference the Big Green Book as Cyclone missile launcher" (which they 100% could have written out if they had wanted to/thought to). Missile launchers have Flakk Missiles, therefore our Cyclone missile launchers do as well, because they count as missile launchers with the Heavy 2 profile for firing. Our Typhoons, however, do not, because they are given a specific weapon profile in the FAQ (yet another thing that could have been done with the Cyclone missile launcher, but wasn't).

People are going to have to decide whether they want to play RAW or RAI, and RAI is completely up for debate/discussion before a game... RAI for me, Codex: Space Marines aren't getting a freakin' Storm Raven, etc.

Edited for clearer wording

Read the book again. Missile launchers do not come with flakk missiles automatically. Text trumps table in this instance.

pg57 "All missile launchers come with frag and krak missiles as standard, and some have the option to upgrade to include flakk missiles."

Just to add to this. Page 414 Cyclone Missile Launchers have their own entry in the weapons appendix and flakk isn't listed as one of the missile options unfortunately.

Quick question since I didn't see it on the FAQ: how many hull points does Sammael get if he takes his land speeder? If it's the two that a regular speeder gets, that's kinda risky...

It's essentialy a land speader with 'Shield of Night' so I'd assume we do use the Land Speeder HP

Although, it should be noted, that as of this writting, no Missile Launchers in any codex, supplement, or FAQ/Errata have the option to take Flakk Missiles.

The entry for missile launcher, in the sense of that used by Dev squads, lists Flakk Missiles as one of it's standard options so I was under the assumption that in this case you do get Flakk Missiles. Typhoon and Cyclone Missile Launchers have separate entries that don't include Flakk.

As a result I was under the impression that the Missile launcher used by tactical and Dev marines does include Flakk as it's listed in the weapons profile.

I'm surprised at all the negativity surrounding 6e on here. After Necrons, I think the DA codex made out best. Terminators got a huge bump with this edition - power weapons at AP3, and FNP allows saves versus everything but Str8+ (including plasma which will show up more now). Speeders get a 5+ Jink save and RW bikers can only be instakilled by Str10 (thus allowing FNP).

Although, it should be noted, that as of this writting, no Missile Launchers in any codex, supplement, or FAQ/Errata have the option to take Flakk Missiles.

The entry for missile launcher, in the sense of that used by Dev squads, lists Flakk Missiles as one of it's standard options so I was under the assumption that in this case you do get Flakk Missiles. Typhoon and Cyclone Missile Launchers have separate entries that don't include Flakk.

As a result I was under the impression that the Missile launcher used by tactical and Dev marines does include Flakk as it's listed in the weapons profile.

No, no it doesn't. With all due respect, the summary table in the back of the book lists a profile for frag, krak, and flakk missiles... but the rules for Missile Launchers, on page 57, state explictily that: "all missile launchers come with frag and krak missiles as standard, and some have the option to upgrade to include flakk missiles."

Now, I'd bet my luckiest of lucky D20s on flakk missiles becoming an upgrade for Devastator Squads, Tactical Squads, and Dreadnoughts in the next Codex: Dark Angels and/or Codex: Space Marines. Heck, I'm purchasing and assembling my new Angels of Redemption army on this premise... But as of right now, they aren't an available upgrade for any army.

As the humble Missile launcher is the only Anti-air option, or so it seems so far.

So I will go out on a limb and hope that it is just a new warhead option with Skyslamflakkwhatnots...

Otherwise, we will all be hardpressed to knock down any aircraft, that EVERYONE else seems to have access to...

It is interesting that under bikes there is a specific set of rules for Jetbikes and Eldar Jetbikes. So, not only the Eldar have jetbikes. Which opens up the idea of Sammeal and Jetbike Ravenwing Squads. And with Hammer of Wrath, Ravenwing Squadrons may actually survive assault. Skilled rider, and jetbike squadrons in the new codex. Yay!

It is interesting that under bikes there is a specific set of rules for Jetbikes and Eldar Jetbikes. So, not only the Eldar have jetbikes.

Yes, not only Eldar, Orks have them too. Deffkoptas are Jetbikes.

Lascannon cannot insta-kill Attack bikes now right?

Correct: S9 is not double T5, so no instakill....still, its AP2, so you only get the jinx 5++ save IF you moved :)

As for the general idea of "buuuu, 6th has left us out in the open and we didn't get no love...and FAQ just did us over..."

I can't judge that right now.

I need to get games, see how it interacts on a whole with my previous experience AND the opponents' modifications.

For one, I'm happy with the changes.

For example: I REALLY like that you don't have to commit your turbo movements in the movement phase.

I can move my bikes, start shooting and hey if my LS score the result I'm looking for...I can now flat out with the bikes! How's that for a game changer? And we now have 5++/4++ with jinx...hey, thats a really nice difference! And we also get a slight bump when assaulting...

Would I like to have a BGB + FAQ which had a feeling of "we have everything worked out...don't worry" instead of "oh yeah, btw, this goes here and that goes there and you know...stuff and all"... OF COURSE I WOULD.

We will play, we will ponder and we shall decide ;)

BTW, DE also have jetbikes...

Archived