Combat Tactics and Dark Angels

Aleax

Hi.

Refering to this post, I made my little research, and DA don't have Combat Tactics from the Codex Space Marines.

So do Dark Angels get Combat Tactics from the Codex Space Marine? Faq'ed or something?

I didn't have the right name in the old thread, but Combat Tactics to me is a rule which allows to automatically fail a Ld test you are upon to make.

DA do however get ATSKNF as usual of course, I already knew it.

Marneus Calgar gets a slightly improved Combat Tactics, not only he may fail any Ld test he is upon to make, but also can always succeed.

As of all codex Space Marine Chapters getting it, as always I think it odd, not all Codex Chapters are of the Ultramarine breed. Before someone tries to stab me on this, Combat Tactics is Ultramarine-ish to me.

Should then DA get their own special rules instead of Combat Tactics? Stubborn confered to a squad led by a DW sergeant? Old Intractable? (maybie)

Also please, no enraged & idiotic comments here thanks.

Cheers.

No combat tactics for us. Stubborn was a DA special rule back in the days but is long gone. Saying that, DA have plenty of ways to make the entire army fearless. Not sure yet how 6th ed will change the fearless USR so it remains to be seen how beneficial it will be under the new rules.

R

I heard next codex we're getting an army wide special rule called 'massochists'.

Massochists: All Dark Angel losses count as wins.

It should bring us up to the same power level as Grey Knights.

Sorry, too idiotic?

Reading between the lines, we don't get combat tactics because tactical withdrawals are for losers. Or something.

Choosing to fall back in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds is not how we Sons of the Lion roll :D

No combat tactics for us. Stubborn was a DA special rule back in the days but is long gone. Saying that, DA have plenty of ways to make the entire army fearless. Not sure yet how 6th ed will change the fearless USR so it remains to be seen how beneficial it will be under the new rules.

R

Thanks for the quick answer.

We don't have Combat Tactics because our Company Masters and others have Rites of Battle, allowing the entire table of DAs to use his leadership value.

Good point.

I heard next codex we're getting an army wide special rule called 'massochists'.

Massochists: All Dark Angel losses count as wins.

It should bring us up to the same power level as Grey Knights.

Sorry, too idiotic?

You like to post idiotic comments, don't you? :cuss

Reading between the lines, we don't get combat tactics because tactical withdrawals are for losers. Or something.

Choosing to fall back in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds is not how we Sons of the Lion roll :D

Yeah, but I even think tactical withdrawing is just not in the DA geneseed. In truth I believe it negates the way DA act completly. IMO DA should be able to completly ignore this advantage through their very own advantages, but these advantages yet are missing. (Rites of Battle help though)

Cheers.

Archived