Tale of a Techmarine and a Land Raider

CrimsonMajick

Thought just started bouncing in my lil brain. This is a hypothetical for those of you with the rulebook...

Could you take a Techmarine and transport him around in a Land Raider and use his ability to repair the Land Raider from inside the vehicle?

If you can, would you have to call him Mr. Scott? Second question is rhetorical, but I can totally see him yelling into a vox "She can't take much more, Captain!"

Thought just started bouncing in my lil brain. This is a hypothetical for those of you with the rulebook...

Could you take a Techmarine and transport him around in a Land Raider and use his ability to repair the Land Raider from inside the vehicle?

If you can, would you have to call him Mr. Scott? Second question is rhetorical, but I can totally see him yelling into a vox "She can't take much more, Captain!"

Im sure you can, at least its how ive been playing - also add those servitors or teh bonus to fixes and a few extra weapons.

Page 39 – Techmarines, Blessing of the Omnissiah.

Replace this entry with the following:

“Blessing of the Omnissiah: In each of your Shooting phases,

instead of firing his weapons, a Techmarine may choose to

repair a single friendly vehicle that he is in base contact with or

embarked upon. To repair a vehicle, roll a D6 and add the

following modifiers where applicable:

Nothing is an autopass cause a 1 is still a fail

No, that only goes for saves, wounds and hits and such things. With the techmarines repair roll you just roll a dice and add the modifiers, if the total is 5 or more you have passed. Rolling a '1' simply means adding 1 to your total.

It's even been FAQed.

You could always put him in a landraider you've bought for someone else, or even a stormraven to make it more durable. He and his servitors could be joined by an independent character too if you want something else riding that transport.

You could always put him in a landraider you've bought for someone else, or even a stormraven to make it more durable. He and his servitors could be joined by an independent character too if you want something else riding that transport.

Now that'd be interesting. A super-killy solo IC (Tycho? A captain?) in his Land Raider steed, while a techie keeps the LR working for him.

So a TechMarine with servo harness and 5 servitors with servo arms are +6 to repair - so no roll even needed until someone gets hurt/killed. Right?

7+1D6 (2 for harness, 1 for each servitor)

You only need a 5 total to repair, so the 8-13 is a bit overkill.

Archived