dealing with 2up armour in 6th

Atlantic

Dante with a Power Axe. :D

But I have been struggling with this problem all week. I've considered SG tarpits. Flyers would certainly be effective. Terminator on Terminator crime. But I can't think of terribly effective ways of wiping them off the table.

So far, with the pw changes, i think the biggest issue for us is going to be heavy 2up lists.

What are the best ways to deal with this without bringing the same? Razorback nerfage sure doesnt help us.

I was lookin at that.

Las/Plas backs are actually pretty sick considering we can move 12" and fire 2 weapons.

Otherwise,

Plasma ? Lascannons? AP2 firing I guess.

For term, weight of fire rather is better. But vs. pallies, I think id prefer a Term squad.

Im hoping my Tac term boys can make a comeback

Dante with a Power Axe. :D

:D

He is a dead duck against gk halberds.

We arent gonna deal with any of this well in combat with jump pack troops.

Looks to me like we are going to be forced into building a good bit of ap2 shooting into our lists that we did not have to before.

Our focus on assault is going to be further diluted.

Personally I see the potential of storm ravens seeing that most armies lack skyfire weaponry... sure they lack massive quantities of of ap2, bu on the other hand most 2+ save people have a hard time catching up to them...

2+ save made the fist dread look better in the comparison to the talon dread since that bastard still has ap 2(Lightning claws lost some of their 2+ killy power)...a DC dread with fists running out from a raven will bash those +2 guys with 6 ap 2 s10 attacks at higher WS than your standard termy.

Plasma honour guard also crossed my mind, but I discarded that idea sorta quickly due to their expense.

Plasma cannon actually looks like a good option over the missile launcher (and maybe even las cannon(dunno how veichles will fare just yet))

... Fight fire with fire...More termies than the other guy! we can get more FNP and FC than any other meq army, use it right

Ally yourself with a leman rush executioner (plasma spam one) and termies arn't that much of an issue.

But to be honest: it's way to early to say what will work and what will not, Maybe termies will not take up a bigger spot in the current meta than what they do already, I can see the improvement of normal termies both melée wise and how they present more of a threat on the field now than before, but they are still gonna die from massed fire and plasma spam just like before.

charging death company weight of dice. point for point a squad of 10 dc charging 5 termies will kill them all. thundernaters at least.

10 shots hitting on 3's wounding fours. lets say three wounds. then... 50 attacks hitting on threes 34 hit, 21 wound,24 wounds total, hmm 4 dead termies

one swings back kills one dc on average.

so, DC for the win:)

charging death company weight of dice. point for point a squad of 10 dc charging 5 termies will kill them all. thundernaters at least.

10 shots hitting on 3's wounding fours. lets say three wounds. then... 50 attacks hitting on threes 34 hit, 21 wound,24 wounds total, hmm 4 dead termies

one swings back kills one dc on average.

so, DC for the win:)

10 DC cost 350, 5 hammernators cost 200....but yes they are a good solution, but I wouldn't take more than 8 as they are quite a point sink

2+ save made the fist dread look better in the comparison to the talon dread since that bastard still has ap 2(Lightning claws lost some of their 2+ killy power)...a DC dread with fists running out from a raven will bash those +2 guys with 6 ap 2 s10 attacks at higher WS than your standard termy.

Sorry to go off-topic here but I'd like to ask; are Blood Talons AP3 now? Or are DCCW's AP2?

Archived