Angels Arise!

bareserker

This is on anuver site.Seems its leaked from China of all places,( obviously making it there )........Hold on to your hats !

Captain Balthasar(with power armor, not in TDA)

Librarian(with power armor)

Tactical Sqaud(10 men, with 1 plasma cannon)

Deathwing Squad(5 men, with storm bolters, no Stormshield)

Ravenwing Squad(3 bikes)

Chaos part:

Lord(in power armor)

Chaos Dread(with tl-melta and DCCW)

Chosen(6 men, with power maul, power fist and lightning claw)

Cultists(20 men, half with ccw and pistol, the other half have assault rifle)

It does sound a bit underwhelming... Although the Master and the Libby have a lot of potential if they are in robes... And I do hope the bikes are special enough to qualify as sergeants for normal squads.

Compared to Isle of Blood and AOBR, that seems like so few models. I would at least hope that the five deathwing marines are as nicely sculpted and varied as the space hulk ones, but we know that won't be the case.

I wasn't expecting Belial (like few guys did) but that sucks - we should have decent TDA captain

This is on anuver site.Seems its leaked from China of all places,( obviously making it there )........Hold on to your hats !

Librarian(with power armor)

Tactical Sqaud(10 men, with 1 plasma cannon)

Deathwing Squad(5 men, with storm bolters, no Stormshield)

Ravenwing Squad(3 bikes)

Well, predictable I guess. Can't say how disappointed I am with the PA Master though *shrugs*. Had hoped rumours of a TDA Master would hold true (but I'm guessing a PA IC is of more use to a greater number of new players). Here's hoping the rumours still might ;).

Cheers

I

hmm theres nothing in there that i dont own for DA so i think ill pick up a chaos dread from ebay and a few squads of cultists.

Depending on the price, might not be worthwhile. The little rulebook is all I really need, but I can always us another addition to the Deathwing and Ravenwing. One can never have too many bitz or trade bait.

Wow, what a bunch of whiners! Consider this:

AoBR Marines:

Captain

Dreadnought

5 Terminators

10 Tactical Marines

6E starter DA:

Master

Librarian

5 DW Terminators

10 Tactical Marines

3 RW Bikes

So they swapped a Dreadnought for a Librarian IN PLASTIC and 3 RW bikes. Fewer models? Nope, there's THREE more. Less value? Nope, it's about the same.

And then there are the other guys:

AoBR Orks:

Warboss

5 Nobz

20 Ork Slugga Boyz

3 Deffkopatas

6E Starter Set Chaos:

Chaos Lord

Chaos Dreadnought

6 Chosen

20 Chaos Cultists

So, they switch out 3 Deffkoptas for a Chaos Dreadnought and 1 Chosen. Few models? Yes, ONE less. Less Value? Nope, about the same.

So, overall the 6E starter set will apparently have TWO more models than AoBR did. Time for some of you to pull out those little wooden kiddie blocks with the numbers painted on them, and learn to count again. I'll get you started: one, two, three, four, five... :P

Also, I did not really think that a TDA Master/Belial would be in the starter set, so I am not surprised there. Somebody probably saw the 6E art, saw the GIANT leg armor on the DA master, and thought "OMG TDA!"...yet apparently EPIC FAILED by not looking at the head area and noting the lack of the upper body/head encompassing shroud that TDA has. Probably. But that is why we call them "rumors". Sometimes people see stuff and don't know what they are seeing, or don't have much time to really check things out in detail and really nail it down. Or they just aren't too familiar withe the subject matter, but still want to pass along some sort of information. Whichever the case, the info is much appreciated, and certainly makes for interesting discussion.

Oh man, you know the hilarious part? GW usually uses the guys at my LGS here in Taiwan for translation work. They got the last starter box early so they could translate the rulebook. This time round for some reason GW was paranoid about leaks and felt it would be safer if people in Shanghai (mainland China, not Taiwan) translated it. We barely had time to say "FLIED LICE!" and they've already leaked it. Cracks me up.

Make him out of the Terminator Sergeant.

Powersword that could be used as the Sword of Silence? Check. Storm bolter? Check. Deathwing details? We hope.

But then you ask, "What about the other 4 terminators?"

That's easy grab a Black Reach Termie and slap on an assault cannon from the DA sprue or a spare cyclone from the regular Termie box. Use the Deathwing Powersword from the DA sprue to make the Sergeant.

Easy.

While I'm sure an official Belial model would be appreciated by a great number of people, I'm kind of glad that we don't have one. I like how personalized Deathwing armies become because of it. No complaints from me if it really doesn't end up with a Terminator master.

i'll be picking this up at some point - i'd rather have the rulebook from here and the models than the standalone books that have just come out.

as a starter set i'm not expecting it to be all singing, all dancing but its nice there are nod's to RW, DW and GW in there rather than say just two of the the three. at first glace i'd think that the DA side will wipe the floor with the chaos side.

edit: do we have a release date yet?

Interesting.........

.....the bikes are always welcome, they will finish off my Ravenwing army nicely

.....the Termies are handy, as I currently have 2 DW squads built with one still n the sprues, so getting a 4th squad will finish them off nicely

.....the tacticals I don't need, but the 2 x plasma dudes will be welcome....the rest I could probably use on the Chaos side with some mods

.....Captain and libby will be useful too

So, happy with the DA contents!

Chaos contents....well, I've always had it in mind to start an Alpha Legion army at some point, so this could work quite well.

Overall then, I'm happy with the contents. The kicker will be the price.......AOBR is currently £61.50, and IoB for Warhammer is the same....if the new starter set is over £70 then I'll probably pass and try to get some of the bits individually on ebay near Xmas time!

Archived