Angels Arise!

bareserker

cheers for the date - i think i'll be strong enough to resist temptation of the new rulebooks until then to buy this instead.

dont need any of the models but want,... that's a different matter. i have the chaos megaforce idling away in storage which will make a nice fallen army fallen army and the DA can either join my GW/DW/RW armies or, depening on the icons, my AoV army that i keep planning on painting and have so far got as far as 2 marines, a scout and a terminator painted.

wonder if they will do a new DA battleforce like the power armoured one that came out briefly...?

Here's a link to the 'leaked' pages

Obviously, they're in Chinese. However, the statlines provide some interesting possible pointers to the new codex. First of all, the Captain's stats are now in line with Codex Space Marines. Secondly, the Librarian is now WS5, BS4, W2, I5, A3, Ld9, essentially a hybid statline of the current DA and Codex Librarians. Finally it looks like all Ravenwing Bikers are now Ld 9 & 2 Attacks base.

It seems odd to me that there are two power armoured hqs. It just clutters up the range considering all the pa hqs that already exist, and only a 1/3 of the box is pa. I would have pegged one of them for a biker, or termie(especially since the gw range is lacking there).

Powersword that could be used as the Sword of Silence? Check. Storm bolter? Check. Deathwing details? We hope.

easy man.. along with starter box we'll get Codex and some DA releases - Belial MUST be among them

Can't say how disappointed I am with the PA Master though *shrugs*.

The one we have now (awesome cloak over the shoulder, massive power sword) is positively iconic. No need for a new one. The old metal (non-DA-specific) TDA captain model is really only good as a sergeant (but nice in that role), so a suitably ornate TDA captain (especially with DA iconography for our battle brothers to remove before they steal our models) would have been ideal. Especially with options for claws, TH/SS, and PF/combi-plas.

This is on anuver site.Seems its leaked from China of all places,( obviously making it there )........Hold on to your hats !

I like the sound of the rumoured contents, they'll add to my DA nicely and the Chaos bits will help to bolster by brothers night lords.

One thing just doesn't seem right to me though. EVERY piece of plastic i have bought from GW says "Made in UK" on the box. Seeing as they paid a small fortune to have all the fancy injection moulding equipment in house, i doubt they are outsourcing to china. It's likely this is just a leak of a Chinese sheet to go in the new box or (possibly) an outright forgery.

The contents listed do match pretty much all of the wishlists i'd seen for contents in the 6th ed box, perhaps a little too closely so.

Oh, and if this is correct, it looks like the DA are moving back to packing plasma spam all round!

Al

if its anything like the US then it only has to be assembled in the US to count as being made in the US. perhaps they come on plastic sprues and are shipped and boxed in the UK.

One thing just doesn't seem right to me though. EVERY piece of plastic i have bought from GW says "Made in UK" on the box. Seeing as they paid a small fortune to have all the fancy injection moulding equipment in house, i doubt they are outsourcing to china. It's likely this is just a leak of a Chinese sheet to go in the new box or (possibly) an outright forgery.

Leak of a Chinese sheet seems most likely, as they are most definitely selling models in Taiwan and Hong Kong. I also doubt they are outsourcing to China.

Ravenwing bikers being Veterans very much pushes me towards putting together a combo-Wing list for this edition.

Hmm... the model disposition doesn't thrill me, as I prefer my captains in Terminator armor, and my Terminator armor attached to a Storm Shield. :D Honestly though, the actual look of the models is gonna decide this one. I have so many models that everything in the codex would be superfluous. mI already know the Tacticals are going to be pretty boring, but if the bikers and Terminators are cool, I'll still probably get it.

:)

And on another note... Plasma? WTH is it plasma again? I've done plasma and I am headed to MLs for the flyer ammo!

China gets the BIG kits like the Baneblade and the Fortress of Retribution.

:huh:

And on another note... Plasma? WTH is it plasma again? I've done plasma and I am headed to MLs for the flyer ammo!

I was thinking this too. On a slight tangent, the introduction of Gets Hot! for vehicles makes me think we'll be seeing many more plasma weapons on tanks, and with a DA codex on the horizon, i'd wager we're getting a bucket load of them.

Al

If they have to stuff us with plasma again... why can't we just get the old-tech version plasma weaponry that Chaos (used to?) use? You know.. the str6/ap2/doesn't get hot stuff...

Being the 'old' legion in the fluff, the personal bodyguards of the Emperor during his search and what not... I mean they already used it as the excuse why we should have so much plasma in the first place...

I'd rather they focus on 'our strategic brilliance' and stuff, give our commanders an extra option on the strategic charts or something like that. Or be able to perform certain tactical manouvres on the field, the double combat squad/split tactical squad being able to ride in the same Rhino is a good start.

Allow the same with Land Raiders, allow a combat squad to ride with a Deathwing squad in a Crusader, stuff like that would add elements of surprise / tactical options. Ofcourse it wouldn't be a surprise that if we got something like this, codex SM would eventually get access to it aswell.

I'd rather they focus on 'our strategic brilliance' and stuff, give our commanders an extra option on the strategic charts or something like that.

This. I even know what options I want. I want warlord traits for DA like:

1. Force the enemy to deploy first when you've won the right to go first and steal the initiative on 4+ if you haven't.

2. Reroll either the mission or the deployment type

3. Redeploy two units after the roll to steal the initiative (regardless of the outcome of the roll or who's doing the rolling)

I'd rather they focus on 'our strategic brilliance' and stuff, give our commanders an extra option on the strategic charts or something like that.

This. I even know what options I want. I want warlord traits for DA like:

1. Force the enemy to deploy first when you've won the right to go first and steal the initiative on 4+ if you haven't.

2. Reroll either the mission or the deployment type

3. Redeploy two units after the roll to steal the initiative (regardless of the outcome of the roll or who's doing the rolling)

Well, the Warlord Traits section of the BGB does say that there may be more tables you can roll on in your codex....obviously not at the moment, but it is a clear indication that they'll be putting codex specific traits in future releases!

Well I'm liking the sound of the starter, the DW squads come with a heavy weapon so no converting my own on there and I can always use more bikes (especially with stats like that, Ravenwing can assault properly now!). I'd love to see if any of the special rules have changed. Any translation on that yet?

But either way Ravenwing seem to have four total attacks on the charge now (including Hammer of Wrath) and that is just plain awesome. I just need to know if they have Skilled Rider now (why did I never learn Mandarin when I had the chance?).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived