Angels Arise!

bareserker

I got super excited when I read 'DA commander' so failed to read the rest of the post, assuming it was a new plastic. It's actually the art from our current codex of the librarian mind-zapping a Chaos punk.

August 25th is the drop date for White Dwarf though; maybe we only have a month to wait?! I have down-graded my excitement from super to pretty darn.

Pics please, I'm away from home and am in the middle of nowhere with regards to bookshops.

Must, keep, up, to, date, with, gossip...

Cheers

stobz

Nothing new there Stobz - just an old artwork from our last codex (from Librarian entry). It however tells us that the starter is imminent.

From Faeit:

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/on-ho...-schedules.html

Please remember that these are rumors, and should always be taken with a grain of salt.

via "to remain an anonymous source"

Chaos Space Marine codex is currently done are ready to be released in all regions.

The starter set is set for September and that date is currently locked.

There could be a codex release at the time of the starter set or just before it. This is still up in the air and not locked in yet

Bold bits mine.

and this showing images:

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/pics-...s-releases.html

The Libby pic comes from our 4th Edition Codex so is not new artwork per se.

Cheers

I

The starter box set advantage has always been a fantastic value. This is a "Gateway Product" to get new players into the game. It's not for the players that already have an army and play regularly.

The value comes from the fact that you get a whole lot of mini's, usually some kind of terrain, measuring sticks, dice, templates, a pamphlet sized scenario book, and best of all IMHO is the pamphlet sized rulebook. All for a ridiculously low cost. The profit margin on this set has to be very slim indeed for GW. They count on hooking people though. For example, to make some kind of army with the contents of the starter set, you're going to need at least another box set of basic troops, and you're probably gonna want to add some vehicles, and... that's where GW will make up their money.

My favorite part of the starter sets? The measuring sticks. I mean, the whips. They make it so I can whip/flog/lash my opponents any time I want to. Oh, and that annoying guy that always wonders up to the table and just starts picking up my mini's without asking...

Oh, and that annoying guy that always wonders up to the table and just starts picking up my mini's without asking...

This one is a personal pet peeve of mine, and to be totally honest, I have slapped more than one hand reaching for my models without asking. I have gotten in trouble over it, but I really don't want people touching my stuff!!

Paul

Is there any precedence for releaseing a starter set and codex at the same time? Maybe one of the senior veteran members can let me know ;)

It just seems that, from all the rumours, GW has got a huge pile of stuff 'ready' to be released and i'm wondering how they're going to cope with the backlog. Could it be that the next 6 months is packed with multiple releases each month? I doubt it. I'm starting to get far to skeptical about all the rumours.

Al

Argh but are you happy with IRAs....will it compare to the moment you open the box and see those awesome new commanders,those groovy new termies which are even better than the Hulk termies.............I think not !

I have been told that the sculpts in the painting kit are not the same as those in the box, although I'm not convinced.

I guess we will see in the next White Dwarf.

I am looking forward to new Dark angels model so I will probably be buying the set no matter what. How ever I doubt that anything GW could make for Belial would come close to my conversion.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/TheSuperPerkyone/Hobby%20Pics/SAM_1462.jpg

Of course I could just be incredibly biased :D

Archived